PDA

View Full Version : Buell arrived Friday

Scarydog
22nd October 2007, 10:21
Hi all,

Thanks for all your help with deciding which bike to buy and the many helpful threads here on tyres, bike transport, security etc.

My XB12R arrived on Friday morning, I popped back from work to unload and secure it. Typically it was a beautiful Wellington day, I was dying to take the day off and go for a ride but my boss is complete fuckhead and I had to go back in :-(

So Saturday morning, up early, day not too bad but pretty windy. Loaded the wife on to the back and went out for a short ride (about an hour), taking it easy, scrubbing in the new tyres and getting a feel for the bike.

Wife was looking very hot in her Pink Quasi Jacket and had a blast!

The race kit on the XB12R looks and sounds great, I've been up and down our drive so many times this weekend the neighbours will be hating me though.

After the ride on Sat morning, I got out the spanners and the manual and set up the suspension according to the manual. Took it for a quick blast around the bays, a completely different bike! Where it had been reluctant to turn in, it was now much much quicker and more accurate.

Sunday was a beautiful day, and my birthday :D That meant a long lunch at the inlaws, eating far too much, so it was later in the afternoon before we got out on the bike again. Couldn't have asked for better weather.

Having the wife on the back, I would have like to up the preload at the back a bit more, but taking off the seat everytime is a bit of a pain. I'll leave it set up for solo riding. I'll be taking it very easy with the wife on board anyway. To be honest, I ride like a nana at the best of times :D

So couldn't be happier with the bike, and looking forward to meeting some of you for a ride sometime soon.

Cheers Nathan

vifferman
22nd October 2007, 10:25
Good stuff, Nathan!
Hope you have many, many happy kilometres of riding ahead! :niceone:

DMNTD
22nd October 2007, 10:31
Thumping and nekkid...the only way to ride! :woohoo:
In saying that this thread is pointless without pic's! :done:

Bullitt
22nd October 2007, 10:35
Congratulations

Look forward to seeing it at a ride sometime soon.

The Pastor
22nd October 2007, 10:44
the buells are a nice bike, i'd prob get one as my first -non shit- big bike (read over 1000cc)

dwnundabkr
22nd October 2007, 13:41
welcome scary and welcome to world of buells

Scarydog
22nd October 2007, 16:24
Here are some photos :D

First phot is me just about to head out for a ride. Don't be fooled by the scrapes on the sliders, nothing to do with me I'm afraid!

The other two are of Sarah doing a mean runner from the cops after she was caught on the back wheel at 120km/hr down Lambton Quay, tut tut!

Cheers
Nathan

DUCATI*HARD
26th October 2007, 07:41
nice mate:niceone:good wheelie bike:scooter:

vifferman
26th October 2007, 08:01
First phot is me just about to head out for a ride.
Is it a really small bike, or are you reallyreallyreally big? :confused:

Ocean1
26th October 2007, 08:18
Is it a really small bike, or are you reallyreallyreally big? :confused:

Looking at the pics I'd say both. :laugh:

I'm 6'2" and it feels OK to me. Wouldn't want to be any bigger though.

Dry weight: 179.0 kg (394.6 pounds)
Seat height: 775 mm (30.5 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height: 1,092 mm (43.0 inches)
Overall length: 1,924 mm (75.7 inches)
Overall width: 768 mm (30.2 inches)
Ground clearance: 127 mm (5.0 inches)
Wheelbase: 1,320 mm (52.0 inches)
Rake (fork angle): 21.0°
Trail: 83 mm (3.3 inches)
Front suspension travel: 120 mm (4.7 inches)
Rear suspension travel: 127 mm (5.0 inches)
Front tyre dimensions: 120/70-ZR17
Rear tyre dimensions: 180/55-ZR17
Front brakes diameter: 375 mm (14.8 inches)
Rear brakes diameter: 240 mm (9.4 inches)

*That's the bike by the way, not me*

bikerlou
26th October 2007, 08:42
Hi all,

Thanks for all your help with deciding which bike to buy and the many helpful threads here on tyres, bike transport, security etc.

My XB12R arrived on Friday morning, I popped back from work to unload and secure it. Typically it was a beautiful Wellington day, I was dying to take the day off and go for a ride but my boss is complete fuckhead and I had to go back in :-(

So Saturday morning, up early, day not too bad but pretty windy. Loaded the wife on to the back and went out for a short ride (about an hour), taking it easy, scrubbing in the new tyres and getting a feel for the bike.

Wife was looking very hot in her Pink Quasi Jacket and had a blast!

The race kit on the XB12R looks and sounds great, I've been up and down our drive so many times this weekend the neighbours will be hating me though.

After the ride on Sat morning, I got out the spanners and the manual and set up the suspension according to the manual. Took it for a quick blast around the bays, a completely different bike! Where it had been reluctant to turn in, it was now much much quicker and more accurate.

Sunday was a beautiful day, and my birthday :D That meant a long lunch at the inlaws, eating far too much, so it was later in the afternoon before we got out on the bike again. Couldn't have asked for better weather.

Having the wife on the back, I would have like to up the preload at the back a bit more, but taking off the seat everytime is a bit of a pain. I'll leave it set up for solo riding. I'll be taking it very easy with the wife on board anyway. To be honest, I ride like a nana at the best of times :D

So couldn't be happier with the bike, and looking forward to meeting some of you for a ride sometime soon.

Cheers Nathan

You Jammy Git :niceone:

vifferman
26th October 2007, 08:47
Dry weight: 179.0 kg (394.6 pounds)
Seat height: 775 mm (30.5 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.
Overall height: 1,092 mm (43.0 inches)
Overall length: 1,924 mm (75.7 inches)
Overall width: 768 mm (30.2 inches)
Ground clearance: 127 mm (5.0 inches)
Wheelbase: 1,320 mm (52.0 inches)
Rake (fork angle): 21.0°
It's just a wee toy then.

Don't you feel bad subjecting it to your bigness? :confused:

Scarydog
26th October 2007, 08:55
:D, Yes I'm a bit on the big side, just under 6'5"

But compared to the CBR250RR it feels spacious, well at least more upright :-)

Rashika
26th October 2007, 09:31
congrats on the new bike, def the best around I reckon... and I'm not biased or anything like that, oh no :shutup:

enjoy!

ducatilover
26th October 2007, 10:41
awesome looking bike mate, go hard:rockon:

Ocean1
26th October 2007, 13:29
It's just a wee toy then.

Don't you feel bad subjecting it to your bigness? :confused:

Big toys always hurt more. When it grows up it'll develop two more cylinders and a whole bunch of spurious crap, get clumsy, fat and flabby, then I'll trade it in on a new one.

:D, Yes I'm a bit on the big side, just under 6'5"

But compared to the CBR250RR it feels spacious, well at least more upright :-)

Pay no attention dude, he's jealous.

vifferman
26th October 2007, 13:50
Pay no attention dude, he's jealous.
You're probably right. :confused:

Scouse
26th October 2007, 14:05
Nice bike there man I like the XB12XX lightning.