PDA

View Full Version : Wellington: Welly Ride to Manfeild Track Day - 24/10

Deano
19th October 2004, 08:29
Is anyone going to Manfeild on Sunday and keen to ride up from Wgtn together ?

The more the merrier.

The track day is for bikes only and will cater for slow medium and fast riders.

I think the cost is $40 and bikes need to be scrutineered first.

Drunken Monkey
19th October 2004, 08:44
why are these bloody things always the day immediately after a pukekohe one...

well _if_ it rains here on Saturday, _and_ if I can be bothered, I might make my way down - _assuming_ the bike ready by Friday.

that's a lot of ifs,

don't count on me :(

dhunt
19th October 2004, 09:25
What times is everything starting? I've got to go too Marton so could possible meet up with anyone in Sanson.

Sparky Bills
19th October 2004, 13:32
Its free for all Vic club members!
If not a member, I think it is $40.
You will want to be there by about 9am, otherwise you might not be let out.
The numbers are limited! Plus we get everything down and get more track time.
Am going up on Friday for the test day with the Duc, and will have the 400 and Duc on sunday!
See youll up there! :rockon:
If I ride up from Pram, I will try to catch up with everyone.

Marknz
19th October 2004, 16:55
Count me in. Assuming all the work is finished on the 'Storm, I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Am a Vic Club member too, so it's a pleasant surprise to find out it's free.

I'll hook up with whatever group is going up early to get there by 9'ish.

MOTOXXX
19th October 2004, 19:10
hey maybe i could get a bmx and follow u guys around :bye:

the yoshie
19th October 2004, 20:20
Deano mate sorry but Mrs Yoshie is in ChCh for the weekend so I've got the kids for the weekend :puke: mate. But Nov 5th to New Plymouth come back Sunday is sweet.

DarkNinja
19th October 2004, 21:12
It's My B/day the night before so i might shout myself up there :D
How does it all work, ive never been tracking before. Hell i dont even know where the manfield track is :sick:
Also with gear, i aint got no (satisfaction) proper boots or one piece suit, any probs there?

dhunt
19th October 2004, 22:06
It's My B/day the night before so i might shout myself up there :D
How does it all work, ive never been tracking before. Hell i dont even know where the manfield track is :sick:
Also with gear, i aint got no (satisfaction) proper boots or one piece suit, any probs there?
Track's in Fielding. Pretty easy to find, there's only about 1 street there any way. :lol: Not sure about gear. I'm sure some else can tell ya.

Ms Piggy
19th October 2004, 22:33
Do any of you lads know - is that the last race at Manfield for this year? I've wanted to pop along and watch you guys race but I've always had some stinkin' assignment due.

I had a look on the KB calender but couldn't see another one in Nov or Dec.

Next year maybe?

loosebruce
19th October 2004, 23:05
why are these bloody things always the day immediately after a pukekohe one...

well _if_ it rains here on Saturday, _and_ if I can be bothered, I might make my way down - _assuming_ the bike ready by Friday.

that's a lot of ifs,

don't count on me :(

Thats no freakin excuse DM, well the bike is but not the day after. Perfect in my books.
The VIC days are about the best run days out there have to say.
If ya keen DM i'm taking a big arse van down with Motoracer and his bro, room for one more bike and person????

Well see you welly crew there, or maybe depending on our condition in the morning from puke on sat then driving down after may ride down to meet you guys on your way up.

Deano PM me the route you'll be coming up :headbang:

Velox
19th October 2004, 23:21
Do any of you lads know - is that the last race at Manfield for this year? I've wanted to pop along and watch you guys race but I've always had some stinkin' assignment due.

I had a look on the KB calender but couldn't see another one in Nov or Dec.

Next year maybe?
I think it's a track day (anyone can just go for a hoon) as opposed to the Vic winter series which finished last month. That's pretty sad that you missed it all - Uni tries to take over a bit too much eh. Just make sure you get up to the Cemetery Circuit on Boxing day to make up for it - that's a pretty fun 'day at the races'!

Velox
19th October 2004, 23:26
Oi CSL - you're not meant to be reading this stuff! (I see you're one of the "active users viewing this thread"!) Get back to work luv! :yes:

NC
20th October 2004, 05:09
Oh I'm going to be in Wellington :D

Sounds like a plan:)

boris
20th October 2004, 06:14
i will be looking after my brothers home for the weekend and it is right next to the track, so i am already there. :scooter:

White trash
20th October 2004, 06:30
I'll be there one way or another. Probably in a cage of some description. :disapint:

Ms Piggy
20th October 2004, 08:14
I think it's a track day (anyone can just go for a hoon) as opposed to the Vic winter series which finished last month. That's pretty sad that you missed it all - Uni tries to take over a bit too much eh. Just make sure you get up to the Cemetery Circuit on Boxing day to make up for it - that's a pretty fun 'day at the races'!
Ahhhhh ok. I don't think I'm quite up to going on the track myself but I'd just like to go for a look. So is there another track day before the end of the year?

I'd love to go to Wanganui but, I'll be in ChCh for Christmas so won't make it to that either - which is kinda funny cos my man (who is from ChCh area) will be up there! :rolleyes:

Oi CSL - you're not meant to be reading this stuff! (I see you're one of the "active users viewing this thread"!) Get back to work luv! :yes:
I was having a study break. :whistle:

DarkNinja
20th October 2004, 20:59
What do you guys ussualy do at the cemetry circuit? watch or race? i would be keen to watch coz im not so good at racing :shit:

Velox
20th October 2004, 22:00
What do you guys ussualy do at the cemetry circuit? watch or race? i would be keen to watch coz im not so good at racing :shit:
Heaps of people turn up to watch. Sit around on graves or stand on the footpath in the sun (in theory). I guess some KBers will be racing though?

Sparky Bills
21st October 2004, 15:41
I will be racing there for the first time EVER this year,
Not too sure how thats going to be.
Only one way to find out! :first: :scooter: :headbang:

svs
21st October 2004, 15:57
I will be racing there for the first time EVER this year,
Not too sure how thats going to be.
Only one way to find out! :first: :scooter: :headbang:

same .... :banana:

JohnBoy
21st October 2004, 20:20
i have decided to flag puke (80$ for the pleasure, f that!) and come down to manfield. i mainly coming down for a brief cameo apperance to show sparky bills whos the fastest once and for all!!!
I FEAR NO 900SS MUUHHAHHHAHHAHAHA :kick:

Blakamin
21st October 2004, 20:31
i have decided to flag puke (80$ for the pleasure, f that!) and come down to manfield. i mainly coming down for a brief cameo apperance to show sparky bills whos the fastest once and for all!!!
I FEAR NO 900SS MUUHHAHHHAHHAHAHA :kick:
oooooooooooooooooooooohhhh... and I saw that 900ss.... where you gunna hide your NO2?

Ducati forever!!!!

Hooks
21st October 2004, 20:50
Well I'm screwed for the last track day of the year ... I had it all planned but my ex has let me down ...Again !! ... and hasn't sent the money for my sons school camp and the money had to be in today . :bash: ... so I don't even have enough for gas to get there, let alone get on the track ...!! :Pokey: Fuck fuck fuck !!!

badlieutenant
21st October 2004, 20:57
dude! maybe you know kahma here or something. even tho ive been sick and earn't fuk all this week I can recope. so here goes.
last weekend spman let me take his place cause he couldnt go to the rally. I did, had a ball for nothing except the 40-60 $ on the bar. so I think his costs were 55$ if he doesnt mind i could pass on whatever you need to go race and if any left over put in site fund. ??? tell me soon and ill fastcheck money into an account of your choosing.

badlieutenant
21st October 2004, 21:21
besides got to look after the old school riders :D :wavey:

Hooks
21st October 2004, 21:25
Mate your bloods worth bottling :msn-wink: ... I'll give the old girls skirts a breezing that's for sure!! :whistle:

jimbo600
22nd October 2004, 22:21
Is anyone going to Manfeild on Sunday and keen to ride up from Wgtn together ?

The more the merrier.

The track day is for bikes only and will cater for slow medium and fast riders.

I think the cost is $40 and bikes need to be scrutineered first.

You bet I'll be there mate. when are you passing through Paraparaumu?

I'll be taking things a bit steady on the new bike though. Don't really want to bin it so soon.

Marknz
22nd October 2004, 22:46
Yup, I'm keen as mustard. Who's coming from Wgtn and wants to hook up to meet Jimbo at Paraparam? Tell me where and when I have to be there and I'm done.

semprini
22nd October 2004, 23:07
You will want to be there by about 9am, otherwise you might not be let out.
The numbers are limited!

Bit late now, but is there anyway to make sure that you get a ride? Bookings? It's a long way to come from aucks to not be sure if your gonna get a ride...

Does anyone have info on other track days over the summer for Manfield, Taupo etc?

B @ Pukekohe tomorrow. Would welcome help - both setup & riding lines - Just look 4 a fireblade with Glen Jeffery's old farings (no 16)

Blakamin
23rd October 2004, 08:46
Yup, I'm keen as mustard. Who's coming from Wgtn and wants to hook up to meet Jimbo at Paraparam? Tell me where and when I have to be there and I'm done.
so when and where???? I might come for a spin!

jimbo600
23rd October 2004, 14:53
so when and where???? I might come for a spin!

I'll be leaving Mobil servo Paraparaumu at 0800 sharp. Unless the wx is crap then I'll be wafty cranking.

Deano
23rd October 2004, 16:01
I'll be leaving Mobil servo Paraparaumu at 0800 sharp. Unless the wx is crap then I'll be wafty cranking.

Thats the plan - meet at Mobil 7.50am.

Fuelled up and ready to go at 8.00am.

Lets all pray for fine weather.

dhunt
23rd October 2004, 18:02
Well the weather man isn't saying good stuff about tomorrow. :mad:

Will anything be on if it's raining???

Deano
23rd October 2004, 19:57
Well the weather man isn't saying good stuff about tomorrow. :mad:

Will anything be on if it's raining???

Ive got some wets so Im going regardless - always good to getsome wet weather practice - and what would "they" know anyway.

See you there.

Eddieb
23rd October 2004, 21:32
So how strict will scrutineering be? i.e my rear tyre is technically illegal in the centre, it has a 5 cm strip that is below the wear limits of the tyre but theres still huge amounts around the edges cause I'm a woos rider.