PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturers tyres.

Swoop
23rd October 2007, 19:25
What have you done in the past?
When you bought your brand new bike, fitted with the rubber that the manufacturer thinks is best for the bike (or at least getting a decent backhander to fit them:whistle:).

They may, or may not, suit your particular riding style.
What do you do?

tri boy
23rd October 2007, 19:45
Run them out in most cases, except if its off road, and requires something more suitable for terrain.:msn-wink:

banditrider
23rd October 2007, 19:47
Did think about changing straight away once but thought that the bike shop would probably want to charge for them...

One thing I've noticed is that they never seem to last as long as the ones you replace them with. What's up with that - do the OEM ones have softer compounds?

Cr1MiNaL
23rd October 2007, 19:56
I just replaced the stock Dunlops on my R6 with PP's ... cant stand any other tire especially after I know what the PP's like and don't like... Def change not worth the pain.

Leong
23rd October 2007, 20:09
On my SV650 I traded in the unused stock tyres on Diablos prior to picking the bike up.

Usarka
23rd October 2007, 20:18
depends if they're any good or not ya goose!

ie. i'd keep em unless i thought they was shit.

puddytat
23rd October 2007, 20:24
I just replaced the stock Dunlops on my R6 with PP's ... cant stand any other tire especially after I know what the PP's like and don't like... Def change not worth the pain.

Have done the same with mine,went to the PP's after having had them on my Rc 31 & lovin' em....use up what yourve got then buy what you prefer I reckon

Renegade
23rd October 2007, 21:00
everyone bagged the shinkos, probly for good reason too, but i left them on and to be honest they have got better the more they have worn, i will probly just put the same factory tyre back on the rear if possible, mainly because i wont be keeping the bike.

H00dz
23rd October 2007, 21:02
take them as is and change later

TLMAN
23rd October 2007, 21:13
My SV came with Mitchelin Pilots. I left em on and have had no probs so far.
I dont know how they are rated against other tyres. Someone might be able to enlighten me?

pritch
23rd October 2007, 21:55
Another option? Use most of the tread on the OE tyres, but change both early to a matching set of the tyre of choice.

howdamnhard
23rd October 2007, 22:06
Agreed,like the ones the GN250 come with.It's cheaper to change tyres than repair the bike after you dropped it because of shit tyres.:shit:

depends if they're any good or not ya goose!

ie. i'd keep em unless i thought they was shit.

tri boy
23rd October 2007, 22:07
Another option? Use most of the tread on the OE tyres, but change both early to a matching set of the tyre of choice.

Good call.:2thumbsup Did that with the Scrambler Trail Wings. %70 worn. Changed them out for more aggresive gravel tyre, but will use them this summer for road trips.;)

NZsarge
24th October 2007, 07:24
When I leased my XR6 Turbo I traded the Dunlops that were on it for some Goodyear GSD 3's cost me $200 to change, would do the same again too. I would think about it if the tyre was lower performance than what I thought I might need but otherwise I would run them.

vifferman
24th October 2007, 07:39
When you bought your brand new bike
Bwahahahahahaha!!
:killingme:
:laugh::laugh:
Brand new bike... LOL!!

SVboy
24th October 2007, 08:28
I am using the fitted tyres on the gsxr-dont mind them-will probably use the same on the back when it is worn out-then go to Diablos all round when both need changing.....

Central Wheel
24th October 2007, 18:24
stick to what you know,so you dont have to piss about getting used to diffrent set,you can always keep the set you dont like then put back on when times get hard or your selling your bike.

laRIKin
24th October 2007, 18:43
I run the bike in on them and if I still hate them, I do a burn out or two to kill them and throw the front to the back of the shed, just in case it is needed later.

Hitcher
24th October 2007, 19:50
I always change my tyres when they're worn out. Whether required or not.