PDA

View Full Version : How many languages do you speak?

Disco Dan
24th October 2007, 14:02
How many languages do you speak?

Me: Heaps!

English
Scottish
Cockney
Scouse
American
Kiwi
Australian
etc
etc
etc

Ragingrob
24th October 2007, 14:04
LOL! Um English, decent French, and some Spanish :2thumbsup

James Deuce
24th October 2007, 14:05
90% of KBers don't write in English, so how can they claim to speak it?

Stickchick
24th October 2007, 14:06
English and some japanese (if I can remember it)

Mikkel
24th October 2007, 14:08
90% of KBers don't write in English, so how can they claim to speak it?

That is a valid point actually.

Myself:

Body language
Danish
Drunken Danish
English
Drunken English
Some German
Quite a bit of Drunken German
Very little French
Even less Drunken French (I think "fetches la vache" about covers it)
Can communicate with Swedes, but it's usually just a waste of time... they're almost always drunk.

jrandom
24th October 2007, 14:14
(I think "fetches la vache" about covers it)

'Fetchez la vache!' is a heady distillation of pure comic awesomeness, which remains funny [cue Twilight Zone music] even when you're sober.

Usarka
24th October 2007, 14:18
Soy de Barcelona y hablo inglés muy bueno.

Mikkel
24th October 2007, 14:22
'Fetchez la vache!' is a heady distillation of pure comic awesomeness, which remains funny [cue Twilight Zone music] even when you're sober.

Well, nothing much beats good ol MP. And that particular scene is way up there with their very best.

boostin
24th October 2007, 14:24
I struggle with the one just fine thanks

Maha
24th October 2007, 14:36
I speak a little Orcan....Nanoo Nanoo....thats about it!....:baby:

yod
24th October 2007, 14:43
english, php, javascript, java, delphi, some ajax, a little bit of prolog, a little bit of haskell, some sql....and a bit of german

DMNTD
24th October 2007, 14:48
Did(had to do) English,French and Latin at school but these days it's pretty much only English and Body Language...Body Language being my besterest

yungatart
24th October 2007, 14:53
English, French and I can still remember some Latin from a hundred years ago when I was at school.
Amo
amas
amat
amamus
amatus
amant.....

Maha
24th October 2007, 14:54
English, French and I can still remember some Latin from a hundred years ago when I was at school.
Amo
amas
amat
amamus
amatus
amant.....

You forgot....Adam Ant.....:done:

MisterD
24th October 2007, 15:06
English
French and

'Fetchez la vache!'

Franglaise.

Dazza
24th October 2007, 15:09
Depends on how pissed I am ! :crazy:

kevfromcoro
24th October 2007, 15:13
I can speak Thai......Sawadee Krup

Oldfulla
24th October 2007, 15:17
English, and rather average swedish with a bad accent if I concentrate ALOT.

avgas
24th October 2007, 15:27
Body Language being my besterest
im actually very good at reading/listening to that (no joke), it pisses people off who assume i know what they are saying as i can understand how they are saying. Picked it up being round far to many cultures, watching too much international programs and never learning proper english to start off with.

avgas
24th October 2007, 15:32
I cant speak any language any good. But i have tried english, french, german, math, Japanese's (well 2 of em)....currently trying mandarin - but i can find one that fits me just right.
Unfortunately most of the unintelligent world speaks english so i have to keep falling back on that and forget the others.
I blame America. They should learn spanish and make it easier on the rest of us. Rather than contort english any more.

NotaGoth
24th October 2007, 16:08
Eye justies speakies sa ingarish

Magua
24th October 2007, 16:42
English and a small bit of Spanish.

Trudes
24th October 2007, 18:41
English, a little Maori, a lot of winge, a bit of moan, a fair amount of nag and a whole lot of bitch.

Toaster
24th October 2007, 18:50
Je ne comprends pas!

Non capisco!!

Non intellego!!!

ARGH!!!

Mom
24th October 2007, 18:53
English, a little Maori, a lot of winge, a bit of moan, a fair amount of nag and a whole lot of bitch.

hmmmm interesting we speak the same languages..........but I have one more that I am fluent in.........the language of love :2thumbsup

Keystone19
24th October 2007, 19:06
English
German
Swedish
Finnish
Russian

I wanted to be a Russian spy after I left school but there wasn't much call for them in New Zealand so I became a nurse instead...

Can't speak any of them particularly well these days...

Street Gerbil
24th October 2007, 19:49
English
עברית
Русский
:chase:
--- EDIT
And thanks to the time spent in Estados Unidos, can understand some very basic Spanish.

Disco Dan
24th October 2007, 19:52
Oh and by the way it is "scone" not "scon" there is a fricking "E" on the end for a reason people!!! arrrrrrggggggghhhhh!!!!!!

Disco Dan
24th October 2007, 20:07
Bit of Maori:

Hiahia ana koe ki te hoki mai ki taku kainga?
(Want to come back to my place?)

He aha to nama waea korero?
(whats your phone number?)

Kei te nui te ahua o taku nono i roto i tenei?
(does my bum look big in this?)

kerfufflez
24th October 2007, 20:10
Oh and by the way it is "scone" not "scon" there is a fricking "E" on the end for a reason people!!! arrrrrrggggggghhhhh!!!!!!

Then how do you explain 'gone', as in 'he ate the scone, the scone was gone'?

hXc
24th October 2007, 20:10
Je parle en francais et en anglais.

0arbreaka
24th October 2007, 23:02
I learnt a bit of french and spanish at school, cant say that I can remember much now but I can say that theres still some of it left in my brain somewhere.

howdamnhard
24th October 2007, 23:12
Two Languages.

Conquiztador
25th October 2007, 00:41
Finnish
Swedish
German
and a bit of English

And even smaller bits of others.

mstriumph
25th October 2007, 00:48
a bit of french,
a bit of afrikaans
a bit of hebrew
a bit of english

---------- oh - and i also understand a bit of aurstralian [if they talk reaaaaaaally sloooooooooooowly ]

SPman
25th October 2007, 01:38
Most English
some German
residual Russian

Reminds me of a mates son from a west Auckland high school - said he understood "do you want a hiding cunt", in Maori, Samoan, Tongan, Tokelauan, Nuiean, Fijian and Cook Island Maori........

Sanx
25th October 2007, 02:39
english, php, javascript, java, delphi, some ajax, a little bit of prolog, a little bit of haskell, some sql....and a bit of german

Ajax IS Javascript. Cheeky :buggerd:

Amo
amas
amat
amamus
amatus
amant.....

In pictura est puella. Puella est nomine Cornelia. Cornelia est puella romanae. Cornelia in aborem sedat.

First paragraph of the first page of the first book the the Ecce Romane Latin textbook series. For some reason, no-one who ever studied using these books forgets this phrase.

Je parle en francais et en anglais.

Je parles francais et anglais, surely. You wouldn't say 'en'.

As for me. I speak good English, bad French and a few variations of BASIC.

yod
25th October 2007, 07:38
Ajax IS Javascript. Cheeky :buggerd:

oh alright then mr picky, i speak XML as well

edit: and yes, I know its not reeeaaallly a language, it's just markup, but it is kinda...sorta....kinda:stupid:

MisterD
25th October 2007, 07:44
Oh, and I can translate posh menu-speak too:

Jus = gravy
creme anglaise = custard

Dilligaf
25th October 2007, 08:22
According to my family I speak kiwi.
According to kiwis I speak Australian.
Also French
Thai
and enough to get me round as a tourist in a German speaking country

Al
25th October 2007, 15:55
English
Afrikaans
Zulu
"basic" German

Al

hXc
25th October 2007, 16:08
Oh, and I can translate posh menu-speak too:

Jus = gravy
creme anglaise = custard
Jus is not gravy. Jus is literally juice. It is the juices that the meat is naturally full of, that are released when cooked. Sounds like gravy, but ce n'est pas.

Xile
25th October 2007, 16:11
'Fetchez la vache!' is a heady distillation of pure comic awesomeness, which remains funny [cue Twilight Zone music] even when you're sober.but which does not exist in french lol! (except la vache, meaning the cow)

Xile
25th October 2007, 16:15
Jus is not gravy. Jus is literally juice. It is the juices that the meat is naturally full of, that are released when cooked. Sounds like gravy, but ce n'est pas.

Jus is as well fruit juice like jus de pomme or jus d'orange etc...

So many people knowing bit of French, i'm impressed...
Could i write all (few) posts in French from now? I'm conscious that my english is not too bad but i'm really much better at french!!!
:2thumbsup

hXc
25th October 2007, 16:17
Jus is as well fruit juice like jus de pomme or jus d'orange etc...

So many people knowing bit of French, i'm impressed...
Could i write all (few) posts in French from now? I'm conscious that my english is not too bad but i'm really much better at french!!!
:2thumbsupAhh yes. Jus is juice - which is what I said. But on a flash menu, it is usually meaning juices from the meat.

klyong82
25th October 2007, 16:27
I speak ChinEnglish, Malay, Mandarin, 4 other chinese dialect and heaps of jebba jabba.

Xile
25th October 2007, 16:31
Ahh yes. Jus is juice - which is what I said. But on a flash menu, it is usually meaning juices from the meat.

No worries, i'm still not very aware about the fantaisies of your kiwi menus and all these french expressions in newspaper...Funniest is when there are some that I don't even understand!!! lol
Might be french classy image :)

oulala!