PDA

View Full Version : The video evidence

SpankMe
24th October 2007, 15:58
*warning graphic*

Guy hits a road barrier and it rips his leg off.

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1193107951/Motorcycle_Crash_Rips_a_Guys_Foot_Straight_Off_his _Leg

westie
24th October 2007, 17:36
Yuk!
Lukily that would never happen to a truck it'd just go straight through the damn thing.
But they're the safest alternative eh?(courtesy from transit)

cowboy
24th October 2007, 18:02
DANG!!!!:shit:

Toaster
24th October 2007, 18:18
Every time I see something like that it reminds me of just how vulnerable we are out there on our motorcycles. No reset button like playstation or x-box games.

Teflon
24th October 2007, 18:21
Good vid.

I also read the comments below.. There are some sick fuckers around.

MotoGirl
24th October 2007, 18:36
Oh the realisation that we're just mere mortals :sick: If they showed shit like this on TV I'd be interested to see how it affects the road toll.

Romeo
24th October 2007, 21:21
Fuckin' hell - What speed was that, 50-60kph?

These things have to fucking go. I can't believe how easily it did that, these things shouldn't even be in 50kph zones let alone the highways.

EJK
24th October 2007, 21:36
That wasn't a wire was it?

Zapf
24th October 2007, 22:48
That video was about a quarter as graphic as what happened on the 20th, Oct, 07.

The exposed legs and top of the post of all W section barriers also damage human body in major ways.

Conquiztador
25th October 2007, 00:16
As much as I agree that no biker should have this happen to them, the fact is that we will never get rid of all and any barriers that are fitted to the roads. Barriers have been there as long as I have been riding, and before my time. Will be after my time also.

This should be about the added hazard of the Wire barriers (Cheese Cutters). We might have a chance, even if it is small, to do something about them. But if you guys are proposing trying to take on all barriers, then sorry, I will spend my time on something I have a better chance of changing.

Now what did I do with that info re Irans nuclear arsenal again...

MSTRS
25th October 2007, 08:24
We don't want rid of barriers. We just want the ones we have to be as safe as possible for unenclosed bodies....

Zapf
26th October 2007, 02:11
We don't want rid of barriers. We just want the ones we have to be as safe as possible for unenclosed bodies....

correct. similarly people who get throw out of their cars can also have an entanglement with the barriers, so they need to be safe for unenclosed bodies.

Colapop
26th October 2007, 07:56
Here (http://www.network.mag-uk.org/barriers/barrierspeakdistrict.html) is a simple and cost effective solution to standard armco barriers.

McDuck
26th October 2007, 22:24
where is the vid of the girl getting cut in half?

Sparky Bills
26th October 2007, 22:36
Arnt they the barriers that we want? The Wire barriers are the ones we want to go. Showing people that will make them turn against those ones.

McDuck
26th October 2007, 22:40
we want solid concrete barriers...

swbarnett
26th October 2007, 22:55
Arnt they the barriers that we want? The Wire barriers are the ones we want to go. Showing people that will make them turn against those ones.
It's becoming clear that we don't want either in their present form. The armco barriers would only be preferable because they seem easier to modify (a low rail to cover the gaps).

WelshWizard
23rd March 2008, 10:32
That video was about a quarter as graphic as what happened on the 20th, Oct, 07.

The exposed legs and top of the post of all W section barriers also damage human body in major ways.

Just bumpted this as I think we need to remember what the video on this link showed, it may not be a WRB but the effect to riders is the same.