PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki GSX750F upgrade?

howdamnhard
25th October 2007, 21:42
Well its time to move on from the GN250.Got the go ahead from the boss.Saw an add for brand new Gsx750f for $10k.Need a bike for everday commuting,the weekend windups with the missus on the back and the occasional high speed( not too fast of course) blats to get rid of the cobwebs and long road trips.Gee I don't ask for much.It needs to be comfortable(for pillion to) have enough grunt so I'm not forever changing gears(lazy) and be fairly economical too run (gas and servicings).Anybody got any pointers on what to get?Has anybody owned a GSX750f and what are their pros and cons?:blink:

bane
25th October 2007, 21:50
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=58908&highlight=katana

recent thread on the subject

howdamnhard
25th October 2007, 22:09
Cheers Bane,thanks for that ,was really helpful.I'm sorely tempted to get one.:2thumbsup
How do you find yours?

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=58908&highlight=katana

recent thread on the subject

steveb64
26th October 2007, 00:53
My missus had one back in '94 - REALLY liked it. Comfortable to ride - and a nice pillion seat too. Did over 5,000 k's in about two weeks - Wellington -> North Cape -> Wellington -> Bluff -> Remarkables Rally -> West Coast back to Wellington! No probs other than dropping it after hitting some gravel as she was stopping (right beside me!) - and even then, the damage was minimal (had Givi panniers on, which helped a lot).

Busy
26th October 2007, 07:29
Just be careful as these ones being advertised at the moment for $9995 aren't '07 models, they are '06

Apart from that awesome bikes, handle well, gas wise is good - avg on 300k's on a tank ($25 to fill) but thats on a 600 which is the same everything even engine just de stroked

Only downside or fault I have found in the ten months of owning it are the small vibrations, one in the right bar and one in the seat at certain speeds. They are big enough to warrant changes to the bike like bar ends.
End of the day it's a sports/tourer not a race bike although it can get up and go

Pwalo
26th October 2007, 07:44
Get in quickish if you want one. The GSX-F's are being discontinued.

For what you want the 750 should be ideal. Very reliable, comfy two up, and apparently not too expensive to run for a bigger bike.