PDA

View Full Version : Who says parenting can't be fun?

Dilligaf
26th October 2007, 14:46
The joys of parenting...

007XX
26th October 2007, 15:00
:lol: Nice!

Mental warfare is the best against kids I reckon! :devil2:

vifferman
26th October 2007, 15:01
:lol: Nice!

Mental warfare is the best against kids I reckon! :devil2:
Unless they're smarter than you. :confused:

007XX
26th October 2007, 15:07
Unless they're smarter than you. :confused:

Hmmmm...yeah, my 10 year old boy is starting to be really onto me about a few things! :laugh:

Sometimes, he looks at me and says something like: "that was sarcasm, right?" with such a knowing look on his face...:clap: he cracks me up!

But he still knows who's the boss! (for now...:sweatdrop)

Ewan Oozarmy
26th October 2007, 15:35

His Dad? :)

007XX
26th October 2007, 15:39
His Dad? :)

No, Mum and stepdad...as Dad is the kind of guy who thinks nothing of watching R16 movies with him and smoking in the car with him (amongst other things).

May not seem like much of a problem to some people, but my son hates it. I try to stay out of it, but I can't tell him it's ok.

Mikkel
27th October 2007, 01:35
No, Mum and stepdad...as Dad is the kind of guy who thinks nothing of watching R16 movies with him and smoking in the car with him (amongst other things).

May not seem like much of a problem to some people, but my son hates it. I try to stay out of it, but I can't tell him it's ok.

Noone gives a fuck about movies anyway, I grew up on robocop and other such classics... >However, smoking is bad, mkay! So have the father realise that it's better not to introduce your kids to bad habits. And you shouldn't just stay quite and accept that, and frankly I couldn't imagine that you would!

Good to hear that your son has got a brain and knows what's good for him. Here's to keeping him that way! :jerry:

steveb64
27th October 2007, 22:48
Hmmmm...yeah, my 10 year old boy is starting to be really onto me about a few things! :laugh:

Sometimes, he looks at me and says something like: "that was sarcasm, right?" with such a knowing look on his face...:clap: he cracks me up!

Ha! You think that's bad? My 4 year old uses sarcasm! And the little bugger has it down well when he does... :eek:

007XX
29th October 2007, 07:56
However, smoking is bad, mkay! So have the father realise that it's better not to introduce your kids to bad habits. And you shouldn't just stay quite and accept that, and frankly I couldn't imagine that you would!

Good to hear that your son has got a brain and knows what's good for him. Here's to keeping him that way! :jerry:

As you guessed, I have not been quiet on the subject (on multiple occasions over the last 10 year) , but as I cannot control him or tell him what to do (the father), so I have just explained to my son that he was right to say it is not ok, and to remind his father of this by saying something like "my lungs are healthy and I'd like to keep them that way!". It is very frustrating for my son and I, but I guess it is part of growing up for him to find out what his father is like and learn to deal with it...And yes, he is growing into an awesome individual and I am so very proud of who he is! :love:

Ha! You think that's bad? My 4 year old uses sarcasm! And the little bugger has it down well when he does... :eek:

:rofl: Oh dear! You are in trouble! :laugh:

steveb64
29th October 2007, 12:24
snip'd

:rofl: Oh dear! You are in trouble! :laugh:

Don't me and the wife know it. Sigh. My 7 yo is bright (grades regularly near top of class), but his little bro makes me and Carol look at each other, and scratch heads... Age 3 1/2, he could start up computer, choose his game, load CD - without sticking his fingers on the working side - start up game, type in his name, and away he'd go... T' other day, he was sitting watching a DVD with big bro, and mum asked him if he was enjoying the DVD? "Not really, but I like the cars though!".... :laugh:

Dunno what he's gonna be - but he's got my mechanical/engineering aptitude (Big bro got my computer apt.), and I'm sure whatever he does, he'll be one of the better ones! :beer:

007XX
29th October 2007, 12:40
Don't me and the wife know it. Sigh. My 7 yo is bright (grades regularly near top of class), but his little bro makes me and Carol look at each other, and scratch heads... Age 3 1/2, he could start up computer, choose his game, load CD - without sticking his fingers on the working side - start up game, type in his name, and away he'd go... T' other day, he was sitting watching a DVD with big bro, and mum asked him if he was enjoying the DVD? "Not really, but I like the cars though!".... :laugh:

Dunno what he's gonna be - but he's got my mechanical/engineering aptitude (Big bro got my computer apt.), and I'm sure whatever he does, he'll be one of the better ones! :beer:

That is awesome! :2thumbsupAlthough may be a bit daunting sometimes?

Wish you all the best of luck on hat one! :whistle:

steveb64
29th October 2007, 20:01
That is awesome! :2thumbsupAlthough may be a bit daunting sometimes?

Wish you all the best of luck on hat one! :whistle:

Ta. Tell us about it...:scratch: My cuz works for MOE - travels around a lot of schools - her view is that we should be looking for some special needs schooling - 'cos he's gonna leave the rest of his class behind when he starts school! :woohoo:

We'll wait and see - the local school's pretty good... The other thing, for 4 (& 1/4) is, he's HUGE! 1.2 Metres and 27kg - and not fat. Not even plump! Some of big bro's classmates are the same size - and they're 7 & 8! Future AB lock or prop? Maybe - but he'll probably end up Captain as well - if he takes up the rugby thing...:laugh:

007XX
30th October 2007, 08:33
Ta. Tell us about it...:scratch: My cuz works for MOE - travels around a lot of schools - her view is that we should be looking for some special needs schooling - 'cos he's gonna leave the rest of his class behind when he starts school! :woohoo:

We'll wait and see - the local school's pretty good... The other thing, for 4 (& 1/4) is, he's HUGE! 1.2 Metres and 27kg - and not fat. Not even plump! Some of big bro's classmates are the same size - and they're 7 & 8! Future AB lock or prop? Maybe - but he'll probably end up Captain as well - if he takes up the rugby thing...:laugh:

Whoah...So, he'll be built like a brick shizerhouse. and he'll be very smart to boot...:eek:

If I ever have a daughter, can I book him from prom night in about...let's say 15 years or so?? :rofl:

steveb64
30th October 2007, 12:54
Whoah...So, he'll be built like a brick shizerhouse. and he'll be very smart to boot...:eek:

If I ever have a daughter, can I book him from prom night in about...let's say 15 years or so?? :rofl:

LOL. Yep. To both.;) Though big bro's got the looks... J has the misfortune to take after me a bit... :whistle: But personality to burn... Dropped him off at creche this AM - lots of kids calling out to him - more than one or two of the young lasses there too. Funny, 'cos he's got a GF at the creche - she invited him to her birthday party a few weeks back, and he keeps asking if he can have her come and stay for a sleep over! Wife asked him "if he'd kissed her yet?", and he replied - "No, we're not allowed to at the creche - that's the rules!". We just about pissed ourselves laughing...:buggerd:

007XX
30th October 2007, 13:07
LOL. Yep. To both.;) Though big bro's got the looks... J has the misfortune to take after me a bit... :whistle: But personality to burn... Dropped him off at creche this AM - lots of kids calling out to him - more than one or two of the young lasses there too. Funny, 'cos he's got a GF at the creche - she invited him to her birthday party a few weeks back, and he keeps asking if he can have her come and stay for a sleep over! Wife asked him "if he'd kissed her yet?", and he replied - "No, we're not allowed to at the creche - that's the rules!". We just about pissed ourselves laughing...:buggerd:

:clap: priceless!!!! Gosh, they're cute, aren't they?

My boy's got two girls chasing him and at his 10th birthday invited them both. When one of them gave him his favourite book as a present, he gave her a hug (quite innocently so), and the second one was spitting tacks:angry2:...:rofl:

Poor little bugger was oblivious to the feminine undercurrent of jealousy and just think of the two of them as mates...:sweatdrop

Me thinks he will need to catch on pretty quick if he doesn't want to get lynched by female mobs when he's older.

mind you, them little girls will have to deal with me first :devil2:

:laugh:

deanohit
30th October 2007, 15:34
Wife asked him "if he'd kissed her yet?", and he replied - "No, we're not allowed to at the creche - that's the rules!". We just about pissed ourselves laughing...:buggerd:
Smart little bugger!!! :clap:

My boy's got two girls chasing him and at his 10th birthday invited them both. When one of them gave him his favourite book as a present, he gave her a hug (quite innocently so), and the second one was spitting tacks:angry2:...:rofl:
Haha, good on him, playing them off against each other, nothing like some healthy compitition!

Me thinks he will need to catch on pretty quick if he doesn't want to get lynched by female mobs when he's older.
mind you, them little girls will have to deal with me first :devil2:
:2guns::chase:Why is it I don't think you'll have trouble dealing with them? :innocent:

007XX
30th October 2007, 15:55
Haha, good on him, playing them off against each other, nothing like some healthy compitition!

:2guns::chase:Why is it I don't think you'll have trouble dealing with them? :innocent:

mmmm... my beloved boy is one of the last innoncents and wouldn't hurt a fly, even if he tried. The concept of playing one against the other is so far removed from his brain, he wouldn't understand it even if I tried to explain. Which of course I wouldn't, I don't see that he should have to grow up too quickly if he doesn't have to. I like him not comprehending mind games as I hate them myself. But I know you meant that tongue in cheek...:sunny:

And no, no trouble, although he'll have to fend for himself, I won't always be around and I'm not the stifling kind of Mum...

But if and when he gets hurt, then that's a different issue altogether! :spanking:

deanohit
30th October 2007, 16:07
And no, no trouble, although he'll have to fend for himself, I won't always be around and I'm not the stifling kind of Mum...

But if and when he gets hurt, then that's a different issue altogether! :spanking:

:niceone: Well me and my mate have our shot guns ready for when my adopted sisters bring their boyfriends home,:innocent: at least the oldest is onto it and isn't keen on boys for now!! Then :stoogie::ar15: