PDA

View Full Version : Protest ride flyer

SpankMe
26th October 2007, 20:23
Download it, print it, distribute it.

Get your local bike shop to put it up. Take many copies so people can one one with them.

sunhuntin
26th October 2007, 20:47
printed, will drop one in my nearest triumph members letter box tomorrow on the way to work.

col, can we get one please for the wellington one? please and thanks!

just a note, the last line [the road rules one] comes out on a second page, so shrink the font before printing so it all fits.

gijoe1313
26th October 2007, 20:57
Will drop off to three local bike shops in Takanini ....

Zapf
26th October 2007, 23:16
in fact go and ask at your local shops if you can put it up on their notice boards. Any place that will have people moving by. Even if they don't join the ride, they will know what the protest is for.

Colapop
27th October 2007, 05:50
Yep I have adjusted it for the Welly ride. Please print and promote everywhere you can. Seek permission from all property owners before placing fliers.

Gas stations, Supermarkets, Bike shops, VTNZ.... anywhere people are. We want to have a turnout worthy of the opposition to these barriers.

ajturbo
27th October 2007, 07:01
sorry guys.. will be in the south island that day...

janno
27th October 2007, 07:39
Well, I'm either going to the Wgtn or Auckland one - have to toss a coin as New Plymouth is smack bang in the middle.

Presumably someone has let the TV news reporters know?

Hanne
27th October 2007, 19:01
This is the same flyer but with a picture in it to try and catch more attention

Delete if its not what we're after :)

Hanne & Stephen

Mountlocal1
27th October 2007, 19:49

Hanne & Stephen

Hey guys... That gets my support!! Remember what they say.. a picture is worth a thousand words...

Good on ya! :niceone:

Bike-aholic
28th October 2007, 10:31
So this it definite time and date, meet at ramarama off ramp (the next one past drury? heading south) saturday 3rd at 12pm depart 1pm. I have 5 guys coming from outta town and dont want them jerked around as they are taking time off work, Cheers.

Rhino
28th October 2007, 10:32

Hanne & Stephen
I would suggest the v1 flyer. It shows that we wish to have them made safe,:yes: rather than just removed, which is what v2 suggests.

We need to show the General Public that we are NOT asking for all barriers to be removed. We have more chance of getting them on our side if we offer an alternative, not just "get rid of em."

Just my 0.02

Bike-aholic
28th October 2007, 21:53

Hanne & Stephen

Hi can you upload it as a image file i can't get the graphic to load as a doc file.
Cheers.

Squiggles
29th October 2007, 07:33
Hi can you upload it as a image file i can't get the graphic to load as a doc file.
Cheers.

Heres a pdf version :)

Zapf
29th October 2007, 09:25
Correct.

We are asking for safe barriers for everyone. Bikers / Cagers..
If WRB's can be made safe for bikers then they can stay.
WRB's can also damage anyone who gets thrown out of a car / van.
WRB's do not stop trucks.

We need as much people on our side as possible.

Bike-aholic
29th October 2007, 09:38
Heres a pdf version :)

Perfect, thanks mate will be putting a few up a work, there is about 10 there that ride bikes.
Cheers.

Ozzie
29th October 2007, 11:42
Suggest we put something like this up with the poster, might boost support, and show that it isnt just a pointless biker moan.

xgnr
29th October 2007, 20:44
Thanks for the PDF's

Have sent update to Ulysses Auckland webmaster posted flyers on BMW Owners register. Partner has distributed to known bikers at her work and stuck on the inside of toilet doors (don't ask... womens logic)

Will go prowling the streets in Newmarket tomorrow looking for bikes to put flyers on.

See you on Saturday

Cheers

Stu

Disco Dan
29th October 2007, 20:45
Put up about 6 fliers at the universities around Auckland today...

Squiggles
30th October 2007, 11:30
ill put a few big ones up at uni too today/tomorrow morning and include it in the club email :)

MotoGirl
30th October 2007, 11:50
Has anyone contacted a radio station to see if they can give it a plug on air?

MadDuck
30th October 2007, 11:53
Has anyone contacted a radio station to see if they can give it a plug on air?

I contacted Rodney Times FM. Still waiting to see if they will or not. Meanwhile fliers gone to local pubs and dropped in boxes of houses I see where a bike is parked......

jigyjig
30th October 2007, 12:11
Yep I have adjusted it for the Welly ride. Please print and promote everywhere you can. Seek permission from all property owners before placing fliers.

Gas stations, Supermarkets, Bike shops, VTNZ.... anywhere people are. We want to have a turnout worthy of the opposition to these barriers.

usrely with the amount of technofreaks on here someone can glam it up!!!!

im happy to spend a night clogging the local "POST NO BILLS" with them, but not for that! i can make that better and I SUCK

crashe
30th October 2007, 12:19
I copied and pasted the protest ride flyer over onto the most read forum in NZ.....

Yep good ol' Trade Me in the general section.......
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages.aspx?id=21334807&threadid=21334807

Help, by keeping it bumped up til Saturday morning.........
cheers.

PS: My printer is out of toner, so can't print any off.

jigyjig
30th October 2007, 12:56
seriously these posters / flyers are more bland than the morgue at the hospital,

colour,
images,
not so much detail, its a flyer, not an essay,
and ditch times new roman.

hundreds of geeks with the know how on here, someone can sort it, i cant, as i said I SUCK, like these flyers

Damon
30th October 2007, 14:07
seriously these posters / flyers are more bland than the morgue at the hospital,

colour,
images,
not so much detail, its a flyer, not an essay,
and ditch times new roman.

hundreds of geeks with the know how on here, someone can sort it, i cant, as i said I SUCK, like these flyers

here's a quick one for you

Tank
30th October 2007, 15:02
I copied and pasted the protest ride flyer over onto the most read forum in NZ.....

Yep good ol' Trade Me in the general section.......
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages.aspx?id=21334807&threadid=21334807

Help, by keeping it bumped up til Saturday morning.........
cheers.

PS: My printer is out of toner, so can't print any off.

bumped on TM - will try to get on there every couple of hours to bump again. If a few go there and post helpful comments it will keep it up to the top.

jigyjig
30th October 2007, 15:16
was thinking something more like, like a real poster flyer, not a twelve second job made in word with times new roman., i'd be happy to go out posting it up all round wellington one night, all someone has to do is design it, email it to jigy_jig@hotmail.com ill print out a few hundred an stick it everywhere.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/psuedoephidream/fevah.jpg

Ozzie
30th October 2007, 16:08
That might be an idea for a follow up campaign, professional posters in prominent places (legal ones).

For the moment, 3 days until ride day, let's just get the word out there.

jigyjig
30th October 2007, 16:17
SOME ONE SEX THIS PLEASE. THE LAMP POSTS AROUND WELLINGTON ARE NOT WORTHY

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/psuedoephidream/pooposter.jpg

Ozzie
30th October 2007, 16:30
sorry if im wrong, but ive said ill cover vwellington with them, indicating I may possibly be from wellington and the wellington ride is on the 11th not 3 days away

I'm not getting into a slapping war with you!

If the Wellington one is further away, fine, as you were.

PS. Contradiction is not always the best way to make a point.

jigyjig
30th October 2007, 16:40
12 bucks of glue from mitre 10 an a few hours of my time,

i wont stick the proposed things up.

if you have the skill to G L A M O U R I S E them im happy to print them an stick up round welly

SWEET BRO

Colapop
30th October 2007, 17:09
here's a quick one for you
Thanks for that Damon. If anyone is willing to print these and distribute them, then I say "Go for it!"

I must apologise for not putting more effort into this. I started a new job yesterday and it is taking up some time... I also do not as yet have a computer at work so doing stuff during work hours is out of the question. I have contacted the Dom-Post and TV3. Both were very positive about the ride and are asking for a press release. I will send then the fliers we have so far (The "Why" one and the flash Wgtn .pf)

When I was asked about numbers I didn't really know so I said I thought it'd b about the 100-200 mark *hopefully*. The more widespread the info is spread the better the numbers...

Damon
31st October 2007, 06:55
was thinking something more like, like a real poster flyer, not a twelve second job made in word with times new roman., i'd be happy to go out posting it up all round wellington one night, all someone has to do is design it, email it to jigy_jig@hotmail.com ill print out a few hundred an stick it everywhere.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j62/psuedoephidream/fevah.jpg

It's not a dance party, it's a protest. the purpose of the fliers is to raise interest in the cause not give people the impression there will be half naked chicks and loud music, simple is good

jigyjig
31st October 2007, 07:22
It's not a dance party, it's a protest. the purpose of the fliers is to raise interest in the cause not give people the impression there will be half naked chicks and loud music, simple is good

RAISE INTEREST. yes With those flyers? some, but with a few hours spent on it someone could create a flyer that would create real interest. from the public non bike riders also.

Yes, Simple is good, why is there half an essay on the flyers then? not simple. Bland isnt good. Colour is good. Colour is also cheap.

sels1
31st October 2007, 12:55
Posted the ride info on the Wgtn Triumph owners site. They have a owners gathering in Palmy Nth that weekend but we might get a few that arent attending. (Like me!)