but yes i indicate if im going left or turing right
i dont even know why you should even do that

i dont indicate out of a round about when im in it .....theres no need to all
and most roundabouts dont alow legal time to any way
...the 3 seconds before you manouver .

So why do people do it wrong indicting left going round the damn things
drives me nuts .
like i say you look right and go its so simple you cant have a problem
anyone waiting for say your self ....they dont need to know where your going as they have to wait no matter what cause, your already on the roundabout .

how does anyone else find this i generally dont indicate at all .
If i get run in to what the hell for me to get hit i didnt wait did i
if they get hit they didnt wait did they .
so fucken simple
:yes:

PirateJafa
27th October 2007, 19:19
I indicate, simply out of consideration for other motorists.

Only times I won't indicate out of a roundabout is when the lane I am in is a exit-only lane from the roundabout.

I figure that it doesn't hurt to be polite on the roads?

Usarka
27th October 2007, 20:09
its a bit rich bitchin about people not following the road rules on a roundabout when you dont do the same yaself :lol:

see also those who indicate right while going straight through http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=55346&highlight=roundabout

homer
27th October 2007, 20:50
its a bit rich bitchin about people not following the road rules on a roundabout when you dont do the same yaself :lol:

see also those who indicate right while going straight through http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=55346&highlight=roundabout

You clearly know what im talking about
:whistle:

same as the ones your not going to wait for that have the lefty going and they go streight thru not turning left at all
But if i went to go and they hit me then im in the wrong!!!!!

if your wondering how id be inthe wrong if there indicating left turn .
simple ....i have to give way to all vehicles already on the round about .
PEOPLE just indicate left or right or not at all
just pretend its a intersection thats all it is really ...

pzkpfw
28th October 2007, 10:43
how hard can it be

Too hard for you?

you just give way to the right or anything already on the round about personally no need to indicate at all really if you think about it

Rubbish.

If I know someone to the right is exiting (before my entrance) then often it means I can go myself, instead of waiting 'till they exit and turn out not to be crossing my path.

Especially in my car, the acceleration-from-stand-still time has to be factored-in to the go-no-go decision. The more fore-warning I get, the better.

There are other ways to see what a driver intends, but indicating (if they do it properly) helps.

but yes i indicate if im going left or turing right
i dont even know why you should even do that

You need to consider the other drivers.

i dont indicate out of a round about when im in it .....theres no need to all

Bollox, see above.

and most roundabouts dont alow legal time to any way
...the 3 seconds before you manouver .

That's pointless quibling, and the roundabout rules do give you an out, anyway.

So why do people do it wrong indicting left going round the damn things
drives me nuts .

Fair enough. Also those indicating right as they exit (or go "straight through").

like i say you look right and go its so simple you cant have a problem anyone waiting for say your self ....they dont need to know where your going as they have to wait no matter what cause, your already on the roundabout .

If they know you won't cross their path, they don't need to wait.

It's about traffic flow.

how does anyone else find this i generally dont indicate at all .

Grrrrr.

If i get run in to what the hell for me to get hit i didnt wait did i if they get hit they didnt wait did they .

The point of the indicating is to minimise crashes while not impeding traffic flow.

Maybe we'd all crash less if the speed limit was 10km/hr too, but that wouldn't help traffic flow.

so fucken simple

Sure.

For people new to NZ, there's a nice picture here:

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/overseasdrivers/overview-nz-road-rules.html

pzkpfw
28th October 2007, 10:47
just pretend its a intersection thats all it is really ...

Rubbish.

If you are going "straight through" an intersection, and someone opposite is also going "straight through", then neither of you have to give way.

On a roundabout, blindly giving way to the right, for someone who turns out not to have been needed to be given way to, is just daft. If they indicate they are leaving (and you trust them) then you know you can go.

Hitcher
28th October 2007, 13:38
Oh joy! Another "indicating at roundabout" thread. Be still, my beating heart.

Skyryder
28th October 2007, 17:02
Shit if I have said it once I've said it a hundred times you do not have to indicate it you are going straight thru. All this bullshit about indicating one you have passed an exit point all this has done is create confusion. It's a bit like the myth that you can not enter a controlled intersection on orange; you can. :girlfight:

Skyryder.

pzkpfw
28th October 2007, 17:09
Shit if I have said it once I've said it a hundred times you do not have to indicate it you are going straight thru. All this bullshit about indicating one you have passed an exit point all this has done is create confusion. It's a bit like the myth that you can not enter a controlled intersection on orange; you can. :girlfight:

Skyryder.

Repeating bullshit doesn't make it true.

...you do not have to indicate it you are going straight thru.

1. Yes you do. It's the law (and not a new law).

2. It helps people know what you are doing.

Why is this so hard?

Skyryder
28th October 2007, 17:23
Repeating bullshit doesn't make it true.

1. Yes you do. It's the law (and not a new law).

2. It helps people know what you are doing.

Why is this so hard?

Read the road code on both issues. Failing that read my posts on this in the other 'roundabout thread thread.

The orange light. You can proceed through the intersection on an orange light if it is unsafe for you to stop. The road code is pretty easy to understand.

Skyryder

homer
28th October 2007, 18:13

Skyryder.

I totaly agree
Its just a give way intersection
if you us eit like one no probs

And oops for re threading a re thread or just a thread ?????

pzkpfw
28th October 2007, 20:54
Read the road code on both issues. Failing that read my posts on this in the other 'roundabout thread thread.

There's a nice picture on this web page for drivers new to N.Z.:

http://www.landtransport.govt.nz/overseasdrivers/overview-nz-road-rules.html

The same picture is in a 1994 road code I have.

(I'm not arguing the orange light bit.)