PDA

View Full Version : A personal request to all KBers

WelshWizard
28th October 2007, 06:18
I have been browsing the forum a lot since the accident on State highway one. a lot think I am also newly registered on this site, when in fact I first registered on the 15th August 2005 and made my first post on the 12th Sept 2005 (not the one previous which was made by my son using my login), who it seems had registered the same day as me, and always used my personal computer as it was the only one to have the internet connection.

One of the reasons you have not seen me really active on this site is, I am an old school motorcyclist, mainly what 99% on this site would call relics, and my son had always had bikes around him, Dan had ridden on my BSA in Africa and the UK on private roads, ( never on public roads till he got his first bike and driving licence in New Zealand a few years back)

I know Dan's death has effected a lot of people here, and for this reason I am asking this off you fellow KBers,

Until all of the facts are in, we are unable to say what caused his accident.

The fact that he died because his body hit the Cheese cutters is not in contention So please until we have the reason can you please not jump to any conclusions as to why it happened, this also applies to any other accident involing any crash that happend to other riders out there, until all information is in we do not know the facts, therefore we can only speculate or ask was it this or was it that, that caused the accident.

WW

RiderInBlack
28th October 2007, 08:26
Will do. Glad ta have some more "Old School" Riders on here. Hope some more of the "Old School Riding Etiquette" rubs of on here:niceone:

johnnyflash
28th October 2007, 09:36
Well said WW,

beyond
28th October 2007, 09:40
Speculation is always a problem on any forum and unfortunately it affects this one too. However I know most people here will fully respect the request of anyone affected by any sort of incident such as has taken place.

It will be good to find out exactly what did happen and will give you closure to a certain extent as well.

I am sure I speak for a lot of members by saying once again, our thoughts and condolences are with you.

I lost my son when he was 16 (not from an accident) so I know first hand what you are going through. You never forget them in the slightest and the pain can be intense but time does heal the wounds.

What more can I say?

WelshWizard
28th October 2007, 11:39
Much appreciated

WW

WarlockNZ
28th October 2007, 12:35
it makes no difference "WHY" it happened my friend .. only that it did, i've been privy to a couple of rumours .. and the first thing I say is that it's doesn't matter why he came off only that the barrier killed him.

I am sorry for your loss and my prayers are with you and your family.

klingon
28th October 2007, 12:45
Thank you WW for making your request so clearly and making your point so well.

I have seen the moderators on this site try to express this to the members on several occasions, but to see it coming from you - someone who is directly affected by this incident - may bring it home to those who continue to speculate.

Our thoughts continue to be with you while you deal with the on-going effects of losing Dan, and the complex issues surrounding his accident.

Macktheknife
28th October 2007, 14:39
Done and Done John, all the best to you and yours mate.

Strike
11th May 2008, 20:27
im sorry for your loss, tho i do admit words of condolence from a complete stranger are somewhat inadequate, back in 2001 i lost my (then) best friend, he was like a brother to me and to see the unmeasureable effect it had on those still here was almost to much to bear.

Im not a religous person but i believe he watches over me, and will continue to do so until me meet again, and even though iv'e never met him im certain Dan is watching over you too.

My heart goes out to you WW, i wish you and your family well.

James Deuce
11th May 2008, 20:45
However I know most people here will fully respect the request of anyone affected by any sort of incident such as has taken place.

Thanks. I needed a laugh.