PDA

View Full Version : Electrical stuff

Jackrat
20th October 2004, 19:02
Anybody know of a GOOD electrical place that works on bikes.
I don't trust shops much,so don't say AMPS,That's just not funny :whistle:

Hitcher
20th October 2004, 20:39
Jack, I had my eye out for you the other night at Dannevirke but didn't see you lurking at the checkpoint. Regards, Rider 49 (or maybe I was Rider 50 -- it's all a blur...)

Jackrat
20th October 2004, 20:50
Jack, I had my eye out for you the other night at Dannevirke but didn't see you lurking at the checkpoint. Regards, Rider 49 (or maybe I was Rider 50 -- it's all a blur...)

I was the guy that gave you your card.
Unless you got the good Mrs Hitcher to fetch it for you that is.
Top write up BTW,see you next year.

Hitcher
20th October 2004, 20:53
I was the guy that gave you your card.
In that case you look nothing like your photo!

Jackrat
20th October 2004, 22:01
In that case you look nothing like your photo!

Maybe you got yours from Jim before he vanished into the warmth of my car.
He was the older one of us,long hair,droopy mo' an goatie.
I'm the young good looking one. :shutup:
Cheers

Posh Tourer :P
21st October 2004, 08:27
What do you want/need done on it?

Motu
21st October 2004, 19:35
Dunno these days Jack,Ken Cairns was the only dedicated bike sparky for yonks,then retired to Raglan.I have a guy I work in with - he does all my computer repairs,air flow meters,idle control motors etc,he's pretty clued up on that stuff,he can ride a bike but doesn't own one these days.I don't know if he could do anything for you - ask for Carl at DC Drive,behind Gary Prom in Royal Oak,tell him Paul sent you.He won't be there long,he's not too happy with the owner - but he works from home too.

Jackrat
21st October 2004, 19:44
I have a charging problem.
the bike makes the correct charge when measued at the battery but it doesn't hold it for more than two weeks,or a lot less if I run the head light during day time.The battery is new.
I'm thinking something is wrong with the rectifier,but don't know how to measure/check it.
It was a lot easier with my old Triumph,the rectifier craped out and it just set the bike on fire.
These new bikes don't give little hints like that. :shifty: ;)

Motu
21st October 2004, 20:10
I can check the alt and reg wave forms with my scope,not to mention the output - bring it up next sat morning,not this one,I hope not to be there (much)

A Toad 2
21st October 2004, 20:36
I have a charging problem.
the bike makes the correct charge when measued at the battery but it doesn't hold it for more than two weeks,or a lot less if I run the head light during day time.The battery is new.
I'm thinking something is wrong with the rectifier,but don't know how to measure/check it.
It was a lot easier with my old Triumph,the rectifier craped out and it just set the bike on fire.
These new bikes don't give little hints like that. :shifty: ;)
hmmm sounnds like its time to buy another trumpy :lol:

Jackrat
21st October 2004, 20:40
I can check the alt and reg wave forms with my scope,not to mention the output - bring it up next sat morning,not this one,I hope not to be there (much)

Cheers mate,I'll do that.
I can't come up this saturday anyway,I'm giving a mate a hand to transport a dead car up from Whata whata.
Busmans holiday huh :rolleyes:

Jackrat
21st October 2004, 20:43
hmmm sounnds like its time to buy another trumpy :lol:
Hmmmmm, a new Trumpy would be nice. :niceone:

What?
22nd October 2004, 05:38
These new bikes don't give little hints like that.
:killingme :killingme :killingme Made my day with that comment Jack. I will go to work happy now. :niceone: