PDA

View Full Version : Manfeild Suzuki trackday (with some KB pictures)

Kendog
28th October 2007, 17:25
The Kendogs opted for riding up on Friday night and staying at a motel in Feilding, bit of a windy ride up but no rain so a good start to the weekend.

Turned up nice and early at the track, feeling very nervous. I have ridden this track a few times, but not on this bike. Pulled into a pit garage and went for a wander, checking out what seemed like dozens of blue/white GSXRs :p
Got to meet some KBers I had not met before, always a bonus.

I was in the second intermediate group, so had time to watch the Slow and first Intermediate groups on the track. Some of the riders in the slow group, and all the riders in the first intermediate group looked to be going damn quick, I was starting to wonder if I had picked the right group to ride in.

Session 1:
Our group was called to the pit lane, it was time to see what this bike can do on the track. This track day was run a little different to others I had been to, with riders grouped in the pits and let onto the track in smaller groups of three or four, worked pretty well.
I started towards the track, wondering what was tapping my shoulder. Damn, I had left my helmet undone. Pulled up at the end of the pit lane while everyone else rode out. By the time I was sorted everyone was half way round the track so I was on my own.
For some reason I simply could not relax. My head did not turn, I had a bit of a death grip going and I did the entire session with out changing gears (stayed in second). I was passed often and near the end I was thinking about coming in cause I was simply not enjoying my self :(

I spent the hour between session thinking about relaxing, riding smooth and looking through corners (maybe even a gear change here and there)

Session 2:
Helmet done correctly so onto the track. Felt much better right from the start, was moving my head and riding fairly smooth. The bike handles like a dream and was a lot of fun. This is what track days are about.

Sessions 3, 4 and 5:
Much the same as session 2, just feeling quicker and more relaxed each time I went out. Managed to achieve my target for the day, a faster speed than I have seen on the road, 210 down the back straight :2thumbsup

By the end of the day I was pretty hyped. This track day had been very well run, no dramas, quick, fast and efficient. Nice one Suzuki.
I am really looking forward to the next one in Taupo, will be my first time on that track.

A huge thanks to my pack horse/pit bitch/photographer/cook for the day. Without her it would not have nearly been as much fun :hug:

Here are some pics of me Mrs Kendog took. My camera had the settings from the last time I took pics at the track day, and she did a great job :2thumbsup

Trudes
28th October 2007, 17:28
Some pictures of KB riders I recognised:

007XY, Cajun, Motogirl, RWH

Trudes
28th October 2007, 17:31
Some more KB riders (and some really fast guy riding in the novice group ;))

Hitcher, Mrs Hitcher, Tazman, Craig Sheriff (not Stroud)

Colapop
28th October 2007, 18:17
Andrew Stroud probably took notes after the lunchtime session...

GSVR
28th October 2007, 18:38
#56 is Craig Sheriffs. Sir Stroud is a bit lankier than that.

Glad you guys had a good day apart from it being a bit windy.

Trudes
28th October 2007, 18:57
If any of you guys and gals want more or bigger pics, pm me your e-mail address and I'll send you the other good ones.

Hitcher
28th October 2007, 20:49
Great photos Mrs K. Maybe Mrs H should get a race number?

emaN
28th October 2007, 20:57
ahhh, so that was the kendog with the blue helmet!
i remember noticing your bash hat man...proper nice.
well done, and good on ya for relaxing & getting back out there.

HDTboy
28th October 2007, 23:35
No pictures of Cowpoos?

skidMark
28th October 2007, 23:37
No pictures of Cowpoos?

cameras shutter speed ddnt go that slow.:dodge:

jrandom
28th October 2007, 23:53
No pictures of Cowpoos?

Tee hee hee.

Stay tuned...

skidMark
28th October 2007, 23:55
ummm why is nobody in any of those pictures knee down?

Kendog
29th October 2007, 05:14
ahhh, so that was the kendog with the blue helmet!
i remember noticing your bash hat man...proper nice.
well done, and good on ya for relaxing & getting back out there.
Cheers

No pictures of Cowpoos?

Tee hee hee.
Stay tuned...
Yeah, lets just say his bike was not in the mood for pictures that day ;)

I can't comment about the others, but I just ain't that good.

Trudes
29th October 2007, 06:03

Like this?

007XY
29th October 2007, 07:23
It was good to meet all the KBers from around the country .. and put names to faces, always fun! and talk about fun!! the first session out I was suprised at the condition of the track after hearing so much about Manfield. But as the day went on I just had more and more fun.. to the point I thought I was gonna Burst, the last 2 sessions my mate (1200SS) and I moved to the green group cause we were over taking alot in the yellow. DAMN that was a jump.. those boys/girls? were going, but being only about 10 riders out there was plenty of room to work on getting your lines right (or at least trying:blink:) Master Shirrifs was awesome to watch and an insipration to boot!! By the end of the day I managed to get the SV around in 1min22.. very happy and even saw 226kph on the speedo at the end of the back straight... was definatly concerned for the brakes at that point:sweatdrop. Thanks to my lovely wife (007XX) with the stop watch and thanks to SUZUKI and Kiwirider, an awsome day.. looking forward to Taupo.

THANKS TO COLAPOP..cheers mate, don't neeed the chiropractor now!! haha good to meet in person dude, V has found her long lost brother..look forward to the next back cracking hug..:crazy:

MotoGirl
29th October 2007, 09:23
Like this?

*considers photoshopping that pic and putting him on our bike* :innocent:

007XX
29th October 2007, 10:04
very happy and even saw 126kph on the speedo at the end of the back straight...

Hmmmm...sorry my love, but don't you mean 226kph? :confused: :blink:

Dang, you were going!!!! :2thumbsup And you were in leathers...:drool: :love:

Thanks to my lovely wife (007XX) with the stop watch and thanks to SUZUKI and Kiwirider, an awsome day.. looking forward to Taupo.

I'm starting to itch seriously with racing envy :( :Oops:...and you're welcome :hug:!

THANKS TO COLAPOP..cheers mate, don't neeed the chiropractor now!! haha good to meet in person dude, V has found her long lost brother..look forward to the next back cracking hug..:crazy:

Yes, I was lucky enough to be given the gentle version...I think he may have been compensating with you! :laugh:

007XY
29th October 2007, 10:20
Hmmmm...sorry my love, but don't you mean 226kph? :confused: :blink:

Dang, you were going!!!! :2thumbsup And you were in leathers...:drool: :love:

oh yeah.. 126!!. really doin it!! oo ah :eek5: thanks for the correction ..226kph

Drew
29th October 2007, 10:31
i want my gixxer back!!!!

Trudes
29th October 2007, 10:37
A huge thanks to my pack horse/pit bitch/photographer/cook for the day. Without her it would not have nearly been as much fun :hug:

Yeah, my bike wouldn't have to be the "pack horse" if you learnt to bloody pack!!! An overnighter to ride all day on the track and you pack shoes, jeans, 3 T-shirts etc, holy shit!! I packed a clean pair of undies!
AND, now there's talk of putting a hose under my seat so he can siphon petrol out of my bike to put in his on long trips!! How Rude!!! Bloody stupid Suzuki with tiny gas tank!
(I love you though, just love my bike too and have to point out what a versatile and wonderful thing it is.)

skidMark
29th October 2007, 10:37
Thanks to my lovely wife (007XX) with the stop watch and thanks to SUZUKI and Kiwirider, an awsome day.. looking forward to Taupo.

I'm starting to itch seriously with racing envy :( :Oops:...and you're welcome :hug:!

Somebodys getting laid tonight.....

skidMark
29th October 2007, 10:38
Like this?

wait till ya see me at taupo! mwuahhahahaha:2thumbsup

007XX
29th October 2007, 11:08
Somebodys getting laid tonight.....

You mean everynight...:devil2:

And you just jealous cos I didn't come to taupo to give you a hug! :nya::dodge:

007XX
29th October 2007, 11:10
[QUOTE=007XX;1267920]

oh yeah.. 126!!. really doin it!! oo ah :eek5: thanks for the correction ..226kph

That's ok...no matter how fast you were going, I liked when you pulled away the best!! te he...

I know, I know...I'm such a perv!:jerry:

skidMark
29th October 2007, 11:10
You mean everynight...:devil2:

And you just jealous cos I didn't come to taupo to give you a hug! :nya::dodge:

yer got sunburnt cus i ddnt have a brolly dolly.:crybaby:

dhunt
29th October 2007, 11:18
No pictures of Cowpoos?
That's cause nobody recognised his bike as looked all nice and shiny - that was until about mid afternoon that is then it was back to standard race trim.

007XX
29th October 2007, 11:19
yer got sunburnt cus i ddnt have a brolly dolly.:crybaby:

ever heard iof sunscreen, genius?!? ::dodge: :p

dhunt
29th October 2007, 11:54
What an awesome day. Thanks to Suzuki and TrackFun for organising and running the day. Everything seemed to go smoothly and they got the weather right as well :sunny::2thumbsup

My day went relatively smoothly for the first session but in the 2nd session I was having problems going round corners and had to use tons of counter steering to get it to drop into the corner (Slower corners were harder). Couldn't see anything wrong with the bike so carried on getting slower every lap. Came in and found the tyre had gone half flat.

Couldn't find any leaks in the valve or valve stem so just pumped it up and 20min later it still was holding air so decided to keep riding on it. Lasted fine for about 2-3 laps and it was flat again so came in.

With the help of Daniverke Suzuki and Contenital (sp?) tyres I was back out for the next session with a brand new tyre on the front. Big thanks to them for saving my day :first:

Was good to say hello to a few new KB faces I didn't know. Looking forward to the next day at Taupo.

cowpoos
29th October 2007, 19:01
No pictures of Cowpoos?

:no:

Tee hee hee.

Stay tuned... :pinch:

That's cause nobody recognised his bike as looked all nice and shiny - that was until about mid afternoon that is then it was back to standard race trim. :crybaby:

it was all nice and shine too...all straight and freashly painted up...till I got one and a half times around the track...and yer...and dhunt mentions...she's back to standard Poo's team racing panel and paint finnish!! :doh:

rwh
30th October 2007, 21:40

No sliders.

Richard