PDA

View Full Version : Numb hands

bikerboy
28th July 2003, 20:05
This last ride with the weather being so cold I noticed that my hands were slightly tingly like when they start to go numb.

Is this related to the cold or vibrations from the handle bar?. Should I try bar end weights?

Has anyone experienced this before?:(

Redstar
28th July 2003, 21:51
Are you serious? either you are an alien from the planet tharg? or you have never been out in the cold? I am suprised if my fingers are alive every day.
the only other cause is two much grog?

Antallica
28th July 2003, 22:48
Them 996's got grip warmers?

Marmoot
28th July 2003, 23:18
both cold and vibration cause numbness.

But, BB, unless you have dropped your bike, you should already have bar end weight on your bike. (doh)

bikerboy
29th July 2003, 10:28
??:confused: ??

Coldkiwi
29th July 2003, 12:50
well, you'd notice the numbness in the summer if it was vibrations due to lack of bar ends wouldn't you?

more likely to be coldness. buy some poly pro inners from pack'n'pedal. they work a treat and are really thin.

Big Dog
1st August 2003, 01:38
Real cold is when you pull up at your destination to find the leather of your gloves frozen to the rubber of the grips. (1/2 an hour @ 7am, drizzling over a frost!):blah: :blah:

Marmoot
1st August 2003, 22:27
Correction. The coldest spot of the day would be from 4am to 5am

And, try doing that without sleeping the night before.

georgedubyabush
2nd August 2003, 22:28
Originally posted by Marmoot
Correction. The coldest spot of the day would be from 4am to 5am

And, try doing that without sleeping the night before.

try every single morning 4-5 7days a week:Ddairyfarmer:whocares:

Big Dog
3rd August 2003, 17:38
In all seriosness though, I know the boy racers think they look poofy the ultimate in winter comfort has to be a good pair leather gauntlets properly sealed. mine are over a year old have seen constant daily riding abuse and still offer good comfort & warmth. even at 4am.:done:

Big Dog
3rd August 2003, 17:41
Originally posted by georgedubyabush
try every single morning 4-5 7days a week:Ddairyfarmer:whocares:
Having done this b4 i still think twice about full cream milk having seen how most farmers warm their hands.:puke: :puke:

georgedubyabush
3rd August 2003, 18:37
Originally posted by Big Dog
Having done this b4 i still think twice about full cream milk having seen how most farmers warm their hands.:puke: :puke:

:DNah, it's all good. Weve got a paper filter to take care of things. I even change it occasionally

ManDownUnder
22nd July 2008, 20:45
fingers cold, palm warm = cold numb
little and ring fingers numb = vibration numb

... as a general rule...

ynot slow
22nd July 2008, 21:06
 :DNah, it's all good. Weve got a paper filter to take care of things. I even change it occasionally

The good ol' filter sock,not the ol' gumboot sock eh?Left one Mon,Wed.Fri,Sun.Right one Tue,Thu,Sat.Then use the wifes ones.

Nagash
22nd July 2008, 21:28
5 year necrophilia..

If his hands are still numb now there may be more of a problem then just coldness..

Gremlin
23rd July 2008, 02:20
MDU, I expected better than you being a thread dredger :weep:

meteor
23rd July 2008, 15:13
Other than the cold or vibration you can get position numbness... as a cyclist and I'm guessing on a motorbike too, if you keep your wrists bent then you can pinch the blood vessels runing through your wrists. Just my 2 cents worth but it did make a difference on longer rides.