PDA

View Full Version : A MASSIVE thank you for Trackday 6

FROSTY
28th October 2007, 21:44
Today has to go down on record as the best track day I have EVER run.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
EVERYBODY deserves a massive pat on the back for the way it went.
I cannot thank enough the crew who have time and again stood up to be counted so you (and I) have a good day
From the sighn on team to the scrutineers. And the FANTASTIC marshal team=Again I just cant say thank you enough times.
As always I was blown away by the assistance and advice freely offered by a number of the racers--ESPECIALLY--Codgyoldracer
BUT the biggest thanks goes to YOU LOT -
You all rode well and those of you who had minor on track issues were quick to rectify the situation
I cant say who the most improved rider was-you ALL seemed to get better and smoother as the day went on --Even that wobbly old fart riding Codgyoldracers bike at end of day
__________________________________________________ ___
BAD LUCK story of the day has to be Mr and Mrs Kwakkaman
Last time HIS radiator blew up and she broke her leg.
THIS time HER radiator blew up meaning a big drive home to get the trailer.--Thank you whoever it was that sorted them out with some chemiweld

MSTRS
29th October 2007, 06:54
I second all of that. But no-one else would get the chance to be outstanding without you making you making it possible in the first place. Now - back on your knees for the next one, eh?
SUPERBLY WELL-DONE EVERYBODY !!!!:clap::2thumbsup

yungatart
29th October 2007, 07:13
I thoroughly enjoyed my first experience as a marshall, thanks John for showing me the ropes.
You get a fantastic view of the track from point 5 where I was, it was great to see all the different riding styles and fantastic to see so many improve over the day.
Awesome!
And you must have sacrificed at least 2 virgins to the biker gods, Frosty, cos that weather was primo!!

FROSTY
29th October 2007, 07:21
Sorry If I seem to be dribbling on BUT I really am over the moon about this track day.
Just so you lot know the people who are doing the behind the scenes stuff
Madduck sorts out all the legal begal stuff,sorts out the attending list and whose paid what Shes also there at sparrows fart for sighn in making certain the paper wars sorted.
Death inc and Gixxer4eva are scrutineering the bikes to make sure the other guys bike is safe to be out there
Dougal is my right hand man Being everywhere Im not able to be --- A massive job
Jorja was manning the control tower whils I was away sorting stuff out.
Again gixxer4 eva is on the Recovery vehicle -this time with his lovely muffin making wife -Normally With Trumpy-Without them you lot would be walking a very long way
This time I was VERY impressed by the efforts made by the KB marshalls
From Big Dog at the gate to Yungatart HXC cowboyz and Meekey Mouse
REALLYYOU ALL
did a fantastic job for US

stify
29th October 2007, 07:43
Thanks Frosty and a big thanks to all those "behind the scene" people:niceone:,that was by far the best trackday I've been to!

Was good to finally get the race bike out and ride the thing, and after a couple of sessions and change's to the set up(thx poo's) I managed to christen both me knee sliders :woohoo: and have a farkin good time pretending to go fast...on the corners anyway, can't wait for the next one

cheers stify

Quasievil
29th October 2007, 07:47

Sheesh, cant imagine for a second who would have said that, what a moron, must have been so fast he/she didnt see the flags maybe ?

Mate brilliant day and very well run, thanks to you and the team for a great event..............so when is the next one

SimJen
29th October 2007, 07:52
Yep awesome day, cheers for all the effort guys/girls :)
Can't wait for the next.
You know what would make it even better! Possibly some actual theory training from a racer or two, and maybe some tips for body positioning etc. Just charge extra if anyone wants it........just a thought.
Thanks again Frosty!

Meekey_Mouse
29th October 2007, 10:58
Was a great day :yes: Got a good view of the whole track from the end of the straight :headbang:

Was amazing to see all of you guys improve throughout the day :niceone:

Hopefully I'll be out riding at KBTD7!

Thanks FROSTY for organizing the day :)

duckaddict
29th October 2007, 11:15
Thanks to Frosty and the "crew"!

Most definitely the best KB trackday yet! Organised, co-ordinated, and lots of track time.

Thank you again!

:clap:

2 wheel madness
29th October 2007, 13:04
Had an awesome day spent with good poeple :niceone: no damage, no tickets, and a good days hooning :headbang: Cheers frosty and crew

PS Lots of cameras around on the day, would be nice to see some of the results, ive looked at the ones on bikestore.co.nz but none of me there :weep:

Kornholio
29th October 2007, 13:51
Awesome day Frosty cheers and to all the marshalls and crew

Who was the retard in the 4WD that got told to fuck off during the minute of silence.... bling to the dude that told him to fuck off too...had to be done

_Gina_
29th October 2007, 15:34
bling to the dude that told him to fuck off too...had to be done
Bling belongs to Mike - aka Black Buell.

bugjuice
29th October 2007, 15:37
cheers heaps un heaps Frosty, and all the frosty crew for makin it an awesome day. Really enjoyed myself, been too long!
I'd like to thank Char for spoilin me and buyin my place. love ya babe

skidMark
29th October 2007, 16:03
Bling belongs to Mike - aka Black Buell.

dunno who he was buts lets forget it happened before he gets the attention he was obviously trying to get...

jrandom
29th October 2007, 16:05
I'd like to thank Char for spoilin me and buyin my place. love ya babe

Haha. Toyboy.

:eek:

codgyoleracer
29th October 2007, 16:13
Hey Frosty,
Ran like clockwork, Cheers to your team & Good to see you limiting the use of the "F" word to just 36 instances at Riders brief, & good to see ya wobbling around a racetrack again.
Glen

Craig11
29th October 2007, 16:19
Thanks frosty and everyone who organized the day. Was my first track day and had a awesome time.
We had perfect weather as well! :yes:

_Gina_
29th October 2007, 16:20
dunno who he was buts lets forget it happened before he gets the attention he was obviously trying to get...
True...

But you got the wrong end of the cock young man...

Mike told the idiot to fuck off, he wasn't the idiot.

:yes:

skidMark
29th October 2007, 16:44
True...

But you got the wrong end of the cock young man...

Mike told the idiot to fuck off, he wasn't the idiot.

:yes:

LOL i know that!

good on m,ike for doing it...i mean the stupid fella he told to fuck off.....don't give him attention...it's what he wants....mikes all good lol

Brett
29th October 2007, 16:52
I came to find you just as we were leaving Frosty, to say how well this event had run and thanks for all of the organisation. It really did run brilliantly!

robertydog
29th October 2007, 17:22
Thanks Frosty and the rest of the crew that made the day tick. Well done.

Sanx
29th October 2007, 17:35
Talking of the fuckwit who interrupted the minute's silence - he took off at a rate of knots after the Novice scrub-in session started. It looked like he was being chased by someone. If this is the case, and someone needs to know who he is, I have his rego on file.

Blackbuell
29th October 2007, 19:15

Sskiddy im the type of person that respects things like A Minute Of Silence for fallen riders,i do take offence to idiots that do not respect this,something had to be said,so i said what needed to be done,i aint after no glory mate i just respect personal values.

Blackbuell
29th October 2007, 19:17
Frosty thanks for the awsome day.
ya bike made it back safe too.

skidMark
29th October 2007, 19:20
Sskiddy im the type of person that respects things like A Minute Of Silence for fallen riders,i do take offence to idiots that do not respect this,something had to be said,so i said what needed to be done,i aint after no glory mate i just respect personal values.

i'm glad you piped up if you ddnt i was going to....but your alot scarier than i am...and nobody takes me seriously.

El Dopa
29th October 2007, 19:28
Thank you to everyone for a great day: Frosty, Jorja, MadDuck, the marshalls and everyone else who made it run smoothly.

The new organisation worked really well. Plenty of track time for all.

325rocket
29th October 2007, 19:47
yep big thanks to all involved in organising this. best day ive ever had on a bike...

i cant walk today due to a bad back and a day at the track but its a very small price to pay.

any chance of KB Trackday 6.5 between now and trackday 7???

Jorja
29th October 2007, 20:15
any chance of KB Trackday 6.5 between now and trackday 7???

Hmmm let me see......after driving home, getting to bed at almost midnight after unpacking, working a full day today and getting home at almost 7pm he collapsed on the couch and hasn't moved since except to pick up a spoon for the soup I put in front of him.

Baby baby bikie covered him with a blanket and gave him his favorite teddy. :sleep:

Chances of a KBTD 6.5? will take him 6 months to recover from this one :oi-grr:

325rocket
29th October 2007, 20:19
Chances of a KBTD 6.5? will take him 6 months to recover from this one :oi-grr:

6 months you say ... works for me ,,, haha

thanks again to all who played a part.

DEATH_INC.
29th October 2007, 21:11
I'm with Tony, this was by far the best smoothest KB trackday ever.
:niceone: to all involved, and to everyone out there, you lot all behaved and made it easier for those running things.
:apint: Tony:apint:

Gremlin
30th October 2007, 00:49
I'll let the experienced lot comment on how good it was compared to others, but personally I loved the day, and couldn't think how it would get much better (except for others having less time and me more time :lol:)

Didn't actually need any more time either, as the poor tyre still needed to get me back to auckland (and 22 on the way up pretty much killed it) and the brakes were pretty shot too.

Bloody awesome, and bring on the next... passing people around the outside is addictive :2thumbsup

bert_is_evil
30th October 2007, 07:57
Absolutely awesome day - huge thanks everyone who had a hand in organising the day. Also a big thanks to everyone who helped me sort out my battery issues!

flame
30th October 2007, 10:05
Absolutely awesome day - huge thanks everyone who had a hand in organising the day. Also a big thanks to everyone who helped me sort out my battery issues!

Good stuff Kel's:niceone:......now....I have the perfect racesuit that will fit you perfectly for your clubmans debut in Taupo next month;) annnnnnnddddddddd....Im sure we can graft the zx9 fairings I have in my garage onto your bike :yes:

boomer
30th October 2007, 10:53
Gotta agree Tony.. top day. A HUGE thank you to all involved in making this an action packed day.

i was too knackered to do the last session.. mainly due to being an unfit old git.. but all i could think about in the morning was "I hope we get more than 1 session before 2 in the arvo.." and boy did we get some track time! smooth and fun! good work.

on a side note... the pilot powers, 2ct's are awesome; as is my pocket rocket... boy does that bike haul ass and we looked good doing it too.. which is the whole reason for being out there... riight??

a top days racing! and even tho Kornie binned it he didn't get a DNF :second:

_Gina_
30th October 2007, 11:55
the pilot powers, 2ct's are awesome;

I can second this, I had matching Dunlop Qualifiers on the Repsol and Cycletreads had none in stock on Sat morning, so they suggested the Pilot Power 2CT's, and they were farkin' mint!!

Oh and thanks heaps Tony, it was a great day and run really well, ended up being waaaaaay too much track time for this girly! :sunny:

El Dopa
30th October 2007, 18:53
Hmmm let me see......after driving home, getting to bed at almost midnight after unpacking, working a full day today and getting home at almost 7pm he collapsed on the couch and hasn't moved since except to pick up a spoon for the soup I put in front of him.

So who's looking after you?

cowboyz
30th October 2007, 19:38
many thanks to Frosty for letting me come and have my first marshalling session. It was a fantastic experience and would love to do it again sometime.

Thanks heaps for a smoothly well organised day.

Jorja
31st October 2007, 19:49
So who's looking after you?

As he is picking up my new bike tomorrow on his day off will keep my mouth shut I think hehehe

Blair-SV
31st October 2007, 20:23
Thanks heaps to all that put the day together. I had a great day.

Thanks also to Jill for her riding advice, it was very much appreciated. From seeing the photos on bikestore I can see I have a couple of things to work on, mainly I need to get my toes back on the pegs further. I'm extremely duck footed for some reason.

Good to meet some of the other KB's face to face too.

Highlights for me were getting up the bottle to pass on the outside of the sweeper and the guy on the 250 (sorry I forgot your name) who came up to me in the pits and told me that I'd scared the crap out of him when I roared past on the back straight. Sorry about that, two big yoshi's can be quite loud

Mikey27
31st October 2007, 21:47
I really enjoyed my first track day, i realised how crap state highway one is after being on a pukka race track. really cool day, thanks frosty:2thumbsup

DVS 69
5th November 2007, 08:54
I had a complete ball and it ran perfectly all day very well organised. Ive done a few trackdays and this was by far the best ive done to date. Plus i got my knee down without shitting myself :clap:

Im definately in for anymore KB trackdays as its the best way to spend a day (wif pants on anyway:yes:)

Many thanks Frosty and Co and the good people of KB !!!!!!