PDA

View Full Version : Multi-purpose heated pad.

ceebie13
29th October 2007, 12:02
Check these out folks.

I recently tried one of these heated pads... or rather the Mrs did!

They really are great for cold weather riding. It's a quality, European made, mains and/or battery operated heated pad. Quite simply, you can either sit on it, or wear it under your jacket.

It comes with a battery unit which when fully charged from the mains giving you 2hours of warmth. But it also comes with a cigar lighter connector for "in-cage" use, so I made a simple connector for the bike and Lyn enjoyed it's cosy warmth all the way from Auckland to Welly the other week.

You can also use it directly from the mains at home if you are getting on a bit (like us) and have back ache or similar.
Naturally you can use it for other things...camping...picnics...watching the game...tramping etc, but we found it ideal for the bike and possibly cheaper than a heated vest.

You will see them advertised on TV leading up to Christmas, but I can make a bulk order offering a discount direct from the importer if I get enough interest. In fact I'm willing to order one-offs if need be, so just let me know.

How much? Normally $150... I can get them at $130 (plus small shipping charge if you are in the back of beyond!)

PM or post here if interested. Cheers.

Hitcher
29th October 2007, 13:47
Hmmm. Kinky.

Pancakes
29th October 2007, 14:52
I'd like one but not for $130, would try to make my own for less cos I'm a cheap gypo' tinker'er. Tell the rider to put proper pants on and they won't be so cold aye?

Trudes
29th October 2007, 18:19
Yeah, you just need some more junk in your trunk and your arse won't get so chilly!:cold: (Well, that's my excuse!)

ceebie13
29th October 2007, 19:01
Yeah, you just need some more junk in your trunk and your arse won't get so chilly!:cold: (Well, that's my excuse!)

I think it's best as a back warmer, rather than bum warmer, Trudes.
But Lyn hates being cold so she recommends it whole-heartedly.
It added a complete new dimension to her pillion experience, lol!

NighthawkNZ
29th October 2007, 19:23
PM or post here if interested. Cheers.

hmmmm interested, let me think about it...