PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi Biker Track Day 7 - CANCELLED

FROSTY
30th October 2007, 11:11
THE GREAT KB TRACK DAY 7
TAUPO RACEWAY FULL TRACK

--------------16 March 2008------------------

For all KB members to come and have a ball and improve their riding in a safe, fun environment.

3 DIFFERENT speed/experience levels from novice to racers. 3 SEPARATE groups. Groups will be Slow, Med, Fast. FIRST session will include a track familiarisation group. Numbers per group will be limited to ensure a safe track time.

This time round I will have instructors garaged in the sign-in pits so you know who to call on during the day for advice or one-on-one riding tuition.

Weather permitting, I promise you won’t go home wanting more track time.
The track is positively HUGE so don't be worried about holding anyone up or being held up. There's tonnes of room.

There will be a HOT DRINK vendor at the track all day for those that need a hot drink or that caffeine buzz.

A 12-INCH SUBWAY SUB be able to be ordered at sign-on -- delivered at 12.30ish. There will be a hot food wagon doing hot chips, etc, all day.

St Johns Ambulance WILL be in attendance and there will be trained/experienced marshals around the track.

------------ALL FOR ONLY $100 PER RIDER ---------------

Payment details are below in the next post.

Places will be strictly on a first-come-first-served basis. Payment is the ONLY way a place is reserved. All the details are in the four posts following.

SO COME ON GUYS N GALS LET'S ALL BE THERE AND MAKE IT A FUN DAY!
PLEASE READ THE RULES OF THE DAY IN POST 3.

I can be contacted on 0-21-035 4615 or 0-9-832 2557 a/h or
tfrost@xtra.co.nz

Please note - THIS is the place to check for any detail changes

FROSTY
30th October 2007, 11:11
PAYMENT FOR TRACK DAY

PLEASE NOTE ALL PAYMENTS ARE NON REFUNDABLE BUT ARE TRANSFERABLE
If you can't make it the responsibility is yours to fill your spot -but there are always people who leave it till the last minute

PAYMENT TO BNZ HENDERSON -TFROST ACC NUMBER 02 0152 0035747 66
DONT FORGET TO USE YOUR NAME OR NICKNAME AS A REFERENCE

PAYMENT SCHEDULE
1) PAYMENT IN FULL /UP FRONT $100.00
2)PAYMENT OF A $50 DEPOSIT AND $50.00 BALANCE PAID 28 DAYS BEFORE THE DAY (TOTAL $100)
3)PAYMENT OF A $50 DEPOSIT BALANCE PAID WITHIN 28 DAYS OF EVENT OR ON THE DAY $70.00 (TOTAL $120.00)
NO ENTRY ON THE DAY

Below is the confirmed attending list please check your name is on it.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE ON THE CONFIRMED ATTENDING LIST

Confirmed attending -paid in FULL
1 AJTURBO
2 macca 178
3 DEATHSTAR

CONFIRMED ATTENDING $50 DEPOSIT

STAFF
GENERAL DOGSBODY--FROSTY

FROSTY
30th October 2007, 11:12
ALL ATTENDING TRACK DAY PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY
Have a read below and it should cover it all off

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO GET YA BIKE/GEAR UP TO SCRATCH

As a guideline a roadbike needs to be up to WOF standard and a racebike needs to be up to normal raceday sxcrutineering
READ BELOW for specifics that are NOT NEGOTIABLE

TYRES MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 2.0MM OF TREAD ROUND THE CENTERLINE
.-- (slicks to have visible wear dots/dimples)

BOTH FRONT AND REAR BRAKES MUST BE OPERATIONAL

BOTH HANDLEBAR LEVERS MUST HAVE BALL ENDS.

FOOTPEGS AND HANDLEBARS MUST BE SECURELY MOUNTED

HANDLE BAR ENDS MUST HAVE SOLID PLUGS IN THE ENDS AND MUST BE FIRMLY SECURED --NO open tube ends -THIS SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDES RUBBER HANDLEBAR GRIPS COVERING THE END OF THE BARS IT MUST BE SOLID
(PLASTIC WINE CORKS MAKE GOOD PLUGS)

.Mirrors removed or taped up.-again No glass to fall on the track

No leaking fluids.--- OIL/fork oil/glycol/

GLASS headlights to be removed or taped up to prevent glass flying if you crash .Plastic headlights are fine as are indicators

Pack rack uppers to be removed -L arms to be taped over-preferably plugged.(plastic wine corks are good for this )

No sharp/edges/loose parts hanging down/sticking out from the bike this includes front fender and plastic fairing sides--If in doubt DUCT TAPE is your freind. .

Camera mounts are a specific area of concern.they are as a rule not allowed especially any tank mounted ones
basicly if it might impale you as you rotate forward in a crash or as you fly sideways in a highside then its a no go
The tank mount type are just plain deadly and it aint negotiable -but those bullet type that tape into the fairing are all good

Chain needs to be correctly tensioned

Its preferable to have you tape over your speedo.(Its just a distraction)

RIDING GEAR
A full face helmet good fitting with no damage into the shell.
LEATHER gloves,
bike boots,
cudura 2 piece,leather one piece or two piece suit.
No holes in contact areas
A back protector isn't compulsary but VERY strongly suggested

THE ONUS IS ON YOU TO MAKE SURE YOUR BIKE/GEAR IS UP TO SCRATCH
If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.

Personal conduct--
This SHOULD not need to be stated But .TRACKDAYS ARE ALCOHOL FREE ZONES -Noone under the influence of alchohol will be allowed on the track and NO alchohol to be consumed whilst the day is running.
After the day is over is fine
Riding in a blatently dangerous manner will not be tolerated.
You need to hold a current motorcycle road licence or race licence.
If in doubt fix it. If it isnt up to scratch you won't be going on the track.
I believe this applies to other track day organisers but It would be innapropriate to speak on their behalf
-2 RULES FOR THE DAY
1 Show concideration for everybody else out there -THIS IS NOT A RACE DAY
2 Stick to your line -Dont try to get out of anybodys way or deliberately block.
3 when overtaking make sure you can do so safely.If in doubt -DON'T
4 if you see a RED flag waving anywhere on the track SLOW TO CRUISING SPEED and pull off the "race" line THEN pull into the pits via the pits exit straight away -Form back up on the dummy grid . ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the rest of that session.
To explain this --Red flag means a dangerous situation.YOUR bike might be leaking oil or the ambulance/recovery vehicle might need to get to a downed rider-we cant do so until the track is clear
5 If a slower rider is holding you up either use rule 3 or ride slowly through the pits and let em get ahead. -again--it aint a race.
6) YELLOW waved flag means SLOW and NO PASSING on that corner
7) Waved Chequred flags at all flag points means end of session. Once you see a chequred flag pull into the pits,DO NOT continue riding -ANYONE trying to sneak an extra lap will miss out on the next session.
8 when leaving the track pull to the far right side of the track and nearing pits exit hold your left hand up to let other riders know you are leaving the track.
9 if you are unlucky enough to run off the track-Raise your hand in the air to let us know you're ok.Push the bike away from the track to a safe place -recovery vehicle will pick you up at end of session or you can rejoin if bike is undamaged.The nature of the track means if you crashed in a spot theres a good chance someone else is likely to -If you dont move then I will have to stop the session untill you dont present a danger to yourself or other riders.
8)dont look back whilst on the track
9) if you are unfortunate enough to crash (it wont happen but just in case)
Your bike and gear needs to be rescrutineered before you can go back on the track.
10) obey the group passing rules to be explained on the day
11)Dangerous riding has a zero tolerance.You will be sitting out the rest of the day.
12) the pits speed limit is 40km/h and is NOT a stunt zone--stoppies wheelies etc -I concider this dangerous riding and will treat it as such
13) The Track is an alchohol free zone -NO alchohol to be consumed in the pits area untill the track closes for the day.-by riders or spectators.(anyone in your pit area drinking is your responsibility)
14)Spectators are at no time to have any part of their body past pit wall Please make sure all kids are aware of this rule
15)Photographers/spectators.-nobody will be trackside unless cleared by event control and they MUST wear a fluro vest --- there will be some areas that are out of bounds -this is strictly in the interest of safety
18) YOU are responsible for your pit area -keeping it safe and keeping it clean
19)Riders in a training session and their coaches will wear fluro vests or fluro sam brownes please be extra conciderate when passing them
20)Sesssion flags will be displayed at track control -3 blasts on a foghorn are to tell you next session is up--the flags will be changed to the next session .

Track day timetable
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7.30am --gates open /pits open.
8.00am sighn is starts -pay ya money sighn the indemnity form. get your speed group sticker also decide on ya choice of lunch

8.05 -Scrutineering starts-bring ya bike.to event control
9.00am marshalls brief--a quick run through on what theyll be doing.
9.15 -Track day brief --a runthrough of what we'll be doing during the day and the track rules.EVERYBODY including spectators/photographers to attend
9.30 --Ambulance arrives
9.35 -First group out on the track.-riding gear scrutineered on the line
12.30-1.00 lunch break --if weather permits a wheelie session will be held during this time
1.05 -4.30 -more riding.
4.30---WE ALL help pack up/clean up the place.Please folks --even If ya pick up ya own rubbish It makes our lives easier

FROSTY
Accomodation for track day

Camellia court is the place I usually organise
They are in Tonga st
Taupo
Which is just off Spa road -(The road to the track)
The place is really nice .
They have motel units, 1 which will take 5 people 5 will take 3. They have one cabin sleeping 6 and a couple of others sleeping 4 The deal is a warm bed for the night,hot showers and tea/coffee/cooking facilities supplied - as well as the civilised way to do things methinks.

PH-073784346
If you want a unit give them a call .

FROSTY
Insuring your bike for track days.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guys n gals I've been asked about bike insurance cover whilst on the Taupo Track
Specificly during a KB track day.
Once again please let me cover this off once and for all
Insurance cover /exclusion is the responsibility of the individual rider to organise.
However as I have made VERY clear in the past
The Kiwibiker trackday in no way is or ever will be a RACE meeting, pacemaking, a reliability trial, speed test or a timed EVENT.
What that means in plain english is I (AS EVENT ORGANISER) cannot/will not run a RACE meeting or in any way run timing equipment of any sort.
I cannot however control the actions of any individual who chooses to use HAND HELD timing equipment such as a stopwatch.
I will be forced to ask that said timing desists -SHOULD I SEE THE TIMING TAKING PLACE

As with EVERY track day I have ever run there will be specific 1 on 1 rider training taking place during the day.

From day one I have made it clear that my trackdays are for the specific purpose of improving your individual riding skills in a safe,controlled enviroment. As such you could say they have always been rider training days.

Anyone unsure how they individually stand in regards to this needs to contact their insurance company.

FROSTY
30th October 2007, 11:13
PITS/PIT GARAGES.
ive spoken to JACKY at Taupo track she has agreed to rent out the
Garages are at the VERY special price of $200 each for our trackday
I know that sounds a lot but
For this money you get.
a 4-6 car sized Garage 10m x10m with fluro lighting.
THERE IS ENOUGH ROOM FOR 8 RACE BIKES COMPLETE WITH WARMERS /WORK ON THE BIKES--EVEN FULL WHEEL SWAP OUTS AND NO INTERFERENCE BETWEEN INDIVIDUAL BIKES AT ALL -EVERY BIKE CAN COME AND GO FROM THE GARAGE WITHOUT PASSING OR INTERFERING WITH ANOTHER BIKE
with a bit of carefull positioning Id suggest that even 10 RACEBIKES would be easily done (might be a squeeze)
The garages are 10.0m square -with 4 single car roller doors -2 each end

To give you an idea how big--they have 4 holden v8 sized roller doors and will fit 4 holden V8's with room to spare
Running water and (at least) 4 electric power points for tyre warmers electric drills etc.
The garage will fit a very MINIMUM of 8 bikes with literally room tons of room around em to work on the bikes Id say more likely each garage will without trouble fit 10 -15 bikes if you arent working on em
10 of ya get together and bingo $20 buck each

Call JACKY on 07 3765033 to book a garage --or just get one on the day

FROSTY
2nd November 2007, 16:17
Im just awaiting confirmation on a date for this one as soon as I have a date It will be up in blazing letters

FROSTY
6th November 2007, 16:17
Ok folks the date isnt yet set in stone--it will be march and it will be a sunday--but for those who dont wanna miss out --the accounts are open for you bookings

Jorja
22nd December 2007, 11:03
Frosty FINALLY has a date for his next track day ---16/03/2008 The taupo people are a bit disorganised

ajturbo
22nd December 2007, 18:35
ok.. will be looking at what i am up too that day... hope to be there..

unrealone
30th December 2007, 20:24
Cutting it close! I have time off then luckily as I have my brothers wedding (which is the following Thursday) I might just be able to do it! :P

Edit: Gonna have to pass on this one as much as I hate too. I have already committed too the corporate Dragon Boating here in Wellington (the lady just reminded me). I'm sure there will be more Track Days to attend!

skidMark
30th December 2007, 21:40
**needs a zxr engine**

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jorja
5th January 2008, 17:10
Hey guys and girls. This trackday is going ahead as planned. First in first served.

hXc
5th January 2008, 17:31
Am I free entry this time? Did the marshal thing last time.

Jorja
12th January 2008, 11:05
Hxc diddnt dad tell you? You were working for him that day?

hXc
12th January 2008, 11:08
Hxc diddnt dad tell you? You were working for him that day?Not quite sure what you mean, if you're taking the piss or not...

But I see your sig. Get a Spada!:D

yungatart
12th January 2008, 11:16
Hxc diddnt dad tell you? You were working for him that day?

Ah, Jorja, I marshalled too, and gave my free day to Mstrs, so hXc still has a free one owing.

Jorja
12th January 2008, 12:28
SHHH yung. Lets tease him a bit longer :lol:

hXc
12th January 2008, 16:43
You'll keep. Cheeky cheeky.

Doogle
14th January 2008, 13:36
So who is going to be at this track day then?

FROSTY
15th January 2008, 09:44
OK YOU LOT -- its front up or shut up time.
other than the comp places-(from marshalls etc) I have sweet fuck all of yas paid up for this one.
I need 50 people paid up in full or im gonna have to pull the pin

discotex
15th January 2008, 17:08
OK YOU LOT -- its front up or shut up time.
other than the comp places-(from marshalls etc) I have sweet fuck all of yas paid up for this one.
I need 50 people paid up in full or im gonna have to pull the pin

Just working through logistics. March is a busy month for me. I'm so fuckin keen to get my bike on the track tho.

Question re gear... How shit is doing a trackday in codura? I'm planning to get leathers anyway but maybe not in time.

As far as I can tell it's mainly an issue of the image (I ride a Honda so that's clearly not an issue for me ;)), lack of knee sliders (not expecting knee down anyway), and if I do bin my gear will be screwed and might not protect me quite as well.

Any other reasons leather would be a must have?

FROSTY
15th January 2008, 17:11
MY personal opinion --Cudura will protect you in ONE crash
So dont crash and all will be good

discotex
15th January 2008, 20:44
MY personal opinion --Cudura will protect you in ONE crash
So dont crash and all will be good

Think my shiny new bike would prefer that even if I was in leather :lol:

I assume if you have to pull the plug due to numbers there is a refund?

FROSTY
15th January 2008, 20:47
yep sure will

discotex
15th January 2008, 20:51
yep sure will

Sweet as. As soon as I know if I'll be back from Chch in time I'll have the dosh in your account. Will try rope a few others in to make a weekend of it :)

Xile
16th January 2008, 13:35
What is the deadline to pay for it?
Need to sort out first a leather suit ;)

HondaLad
16th January 2008, 13:41
Oh yeah, just put my payment through, can't wait to have a crack at that track on two wheels! Fingers crossed the weather plays ball....

FROSTY
16th January 2008, 14:58
What is the deadline to pay for it?
Need to sort out first a leather suit ;)
y6ou can always pay the $50 deposit

BALZY BUELL
16th January 2008, 21:15
is it possible to just come and watch for the day.if so how much a head:scooter:i hope to have my new bike by then and it will need a good ride:headbang:

cowboyz
17th January 2008, 06:06
it is freet o watch but much more fun out on the track.

BALZY BUELL
17th January 2008, 17:51
COOL THANKS FOR THAT.SHOULD BE A GREAT DAY:woohoo:

Mort
18th January 2008, 08:27
Sounds great - I'll be there - Cheers:apint:

FROSTY
18th January 2008, 10:19
comeon folks --Money talks here

Deano
21st January 2008, 08:19
comeon folks --Money talks here

Hopefully they are all coming to the Hill Climb and Rapa Rumble Rally Frosty.

Bit of a date clash there.:(

stify
21st January 2008, 08:34
might have to bring da cash out to ya bud ,don't have interweb banking atm,i'm def in thou

FROSTY
21st January 2008, 08:47
Hopefully they are all coming to the Hill Climb and Rapa Rumble Rally Frosty.

Bit of a date clash there.:(
Yea sucks aye--the ONE date available too

The Pastor
22nd January 2008, 08:09
Yea sucks aye--the ONE date available too
frosty, i am def keen to come, moneys a bit tight atm is there a cut off date to pay (i.e., pay before this date etc).

Also, i wasnt sure (from reading the other thread) but insurance is compulsary?

FROSTY
22nd January 2008, 13:41
I month out from TD is when I need at least a deppy

HondaLad
24th January 2008, 13:07
I may be blind, but is there an updated list of those paid up and confirmed attending somewhere?

cowboyz
24th January 2008, 15:42
it is in post #2 in this thread. so far there are 3!! Going to be ALOT of room on the track. How about 3 hour sessions Frosty?

Xile
24th January 2008, 16:37
Hey, would really love to come but I need a bit of a delay for money...
ANd more if we only 4 on the track..;):(

Clivoris
24th January 2008, 22:07
Deposit done. I need the time on Taupo.:woohoo:

sillywilly
28th January 2008, 10:55
have paid in full frosty, just waiting for confirmation i hope

Mort
28th January 2008, 20:51
I'm in.... look forward to it.

FROSTY
29th January 2008, 20:17
not looking good for launch folks--10 sighned up so far

stify
29th January 2008, 20:43
be round wit da cash tommorow......

HondaLad
29th January 2008, 22:18
Come on people! I'm keen to get out and experience the Taupo circuit, surely there's more out there who are ready to front up and make this happen :niceone:

westie
30th January 2008, 06:28
Really keen. Just have to wait till the funds back log clears up:weep:

ArcherWC
30th January 2008, 10:13
Really keen. Just have to wait till the funds back log clears up:weep:
Im with you on this one LOL

kiwifruit
30th January 2008, 11:37
happy to marshall or help out however :)

FROSTY
30th January 2008, 12:30
righto guys n gals --I need 6k by mid feb --thats track hire cobvered

Shaun
30th January 2008, 12:37
is it possible to just come and watch for the day.if so how much a head:scooter:i hope to have my new bike by then and it will need a good ride:headbang:

I am sure I can speak for Frosty on this

GET THERE< YOU ARE WELCOME FOR FREE!

Shaun
30th January 2008, 12:39
righto guys n gals --I need 6k by mid feb --thats track hire cobvered

Well spend some of your profit from the last ones then ya tosser! 1+1=2 remember:bash:

kornboy
31st January 2008, 05:29
Will transfer payment within the week. People will pay up, everyone just trying to recover from christmas i think.

PS any got any good cbr250rr forks for sale?

TONO
2nd February 2008, 10:26
not looking good for launch folks--10 sighned up so far

Just paid over the net, so money will be there on Mon 4th for you Frosty.:clap:
Will try to get some more Rotovegas crew interested.:argh:

FROSTY
2nd February 2008, 13:21
sorry guys--tecnical detail with my not being a mod-
Heres a temporarry confirmed paid list until its sorted
Paul Byrne 50.00
clivoris March 16 100.00
el dopa 100.00
SILLYWILLY 100.00
alan baird 200.00 CR</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f3f3e6><TD align=left width="15%"></TD><TD align=left width="8%"></TD><TD align=left width="57%">
KBTRACKDAY 7 puddy </TD><TD align=right width="20%">100.00 CR</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f3f3e6><TD align=left width="15%"></TD><TD align=left width="8%"></TD><TD align=left width="57%">
PZR-Evan </TD><TD align=right width="20%">100.00 CR</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f3f3e6><TD align=left width="15%"></TD><TD align=left width="8%">DC</TD><TD align=left width="57%">blwn460 track day </TD><TD align=right width="20%">100.00 CR</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f3f3e6><TD align=left width="15%"></TD><TD align=left width="8%"></TD><TD align=left width="57%">r HondaLad </TD><TD align=right width="20%">100.00 CR</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#f3f3e6><TD align=left width="15%"></TD><TD align=left width="8%">DC</TD><TD align=left width="57%">r snoman1 </TD><TD align=right width="20%">100</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

madbikeboy
2nd February 2008, 19:13
Hi Frosty,

Mmm, track days.

I can't find the payment details - can you let me know the account number.

Mike (madbikeboy)

Mort
2nd February 2008, 20:07
I can't find the payment details - can you let me know the account number.

Mike (madbikeboy)

Its on the second post of this thread....:blink:

Xile
4th February 2008, 09:27
Hey Frosty,
50$ more on your account! I'm in :p
The rest of the money coming soon!

See ya there!

FROSTY
5th February 2008, 14:29
hmm--so far 12 paid to be there--ignoring carry overs

Clivoris
5th February 2008, 14:36
What date do you consider to be the cut off Frosty? It would be handy for me to know as early as possible so I can get an entry in for the Gladstone Hillclimb if this doesn't go ahead.

FROSTY
5th February 2008, 21:56
2 weeks before the day is apsolute cut off date fo0r deppys

Xile
13th February 2008, 14:20
Last part of payment done Tony!
Hope it will be enough people!

montsta56
13th February 2008, 15:02
I'm Keen will deposit money in the next week

Cajun
13th February 2008, 15:05
Frosty has had to pull the pin on this track day due to lack of numbers

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=66553, he has said here.

cowboyz
13th February 2008, 15:08
shame but was on the cards I surpose. Is there going to be another one or is this it? What about the marshalls on TD6 who were going to have free track time on td7?

Mort
13th February 2008, 19:52
That is a shame.... I dont understand why. It should have been sold out.

FROSTY
16th February 2008, 15:23
shame but was on the cards I surpose. Is there going to be another one or is this it? What about the marshalls on TD6 who were going to have free track time on td7?
IT ISNT OVER. I'll be back doing kb trackdays and with a shit load better lead up--November anyone??

unrealone
16th February 2008, 16:49
IT ISNT OVER. I'll be back doing kb trackdays and with a shit load better lead up--November anyone??

How about something slightly earlier, June/July? Just putting the idea out there.

hXc
16th February 2008, 17:06
This sucks. Fucking stupid pikers who can't be arsed forking out for a wicked day on the track. Thanks to you lot, it will be at least 2 years until my next Track Day.

cowpoos
16th February 2008, 17:19
This sucks. Fucking stupid pikers who can't be arsed forking out for a wicked day on the track. Thanks to you lot, it will be at least 2 years until my next Track Day.
there is dam near a trackday every week somewhere in the north Island...Frosty doesn't have a niche any more..and the people running the others are argubly doing it better...there product is simply better! and its reflected with packing from the motorcycle industry.. the KB trackdays are fantasitcally social...the before and afterwards gathers are gold!! and I enjoy them alot!!

I will still come to future KB trackdays...for the social aspect mainly...but to get the large numbers and earily sign ups etc...the event has to be an attraction to make going to these specific KB days more of an attraction!!

Sorry Tony..I'm not out to offend or rub salt in any wonds..I'm just trying to add a tounch of realisium to the situation.

hXc
16th February 2008, 17:23
there is dam near a trackday every week somewhere in the north Island...Frosty doesn't have a niche any more..and the people running the others are argubly doing it better...there product is simply better! and its reflected with packing from the motorcycle industry.. the KB trackdays are fantasitcally social...the before and afterwards gathers are gold!! and I enjoy them alot!!

I will still come to future KB trackdays...for the social aspect mainly...but to get the large numbers and earily sign ups etc...the event has to be an attraction to make going to these specific KB days more of an attraction!!

Sorry Tony..I'm not out to offend or rub salt in any wonds..I'm just trying to add a tounch of realisium to the situation.And these trackdays ever week...are all on a week day. Unfortunately, some of us have to work or have school. And some of us are saving all they possibly can to get to the other side of the world for the experience of a life time (dare I mention there will be no riding for me in my whole year away pretty much). I'm not saying that I would only go to Frosty's track days, but circumstances mean that I can't go to any other track days. This canceled track day was a free one for me due to my helping out with marshalling last time.

cowpoos
16th February 2008, 18:39
And these trackdays ever week...are all on a week day. Unfortunately, some of us have to work or have school. And some of us are saving all they possibly can to get to the other side of the world for the experience of a life time (dare I mention there will be no riding for me in my whole year away pretty much). I'm not saying that I would only go to Frosty's track days, but circumstances mean that I can't go to any other track days. This canceled track day was a free one for me due to my helping out with marshalling last time.
a $40 manfield one is coming up very shortly on a weekend...

But sorry dude...its just the way things go sometimes..

FROSTY
16th February 2008, 19:09

Sorry Tony..I'm not out to offend or rub salt in any wonds..I'm just trying to add a tounch of realisium to the situation.
no salt in any wounds here dude. To be honest you get to a point where you dont see the point in running em--as ya say there heaps of other track days -maybee you are right--time to hang up the hat and move aside

hXc
17th February 2008, 15:55
a $40 manfield one is coming up very shortly on a weekend...

But sorry dude...its just the way things go sometimes..Manfield eh?
If someone lent me a bigger, faster bike...sure. Manfield on a 250 would be like riding one of them ride on car toys at the supermarkets after the 1931 Earthquake.