PDA

View Full Version : leaving now......

carbacca
31st October 2007, 05:10
on my way to do my 6R test at 7am

hopefully by my next post i would have done the ceremonial cutting of the Loser plates and be allowed to ride at 100kph!!!

will update as soon as i get to work

:Playnice::Playnice:

Drum
31st October 2007, 05:12
Best of luck. You won't need it - piece of cake.

EJK
31st October 2007, 05:14
Heres a cup of jinx! Have it before you sit the test ;)

EJK
31st October 2007, 05:17
Hey if you are reading this, I strongly suggest you to
TURN OFF THE INDICATORS after going through an intersection!!!!

on every single ride, I find you NOT turning off your indicators!!!!!
Please please please remember this!!!!

zeocen
31st October 2007, 06:17
Good luck mate, you'll be fine!
Guess that doesn't help since you'll probably be doing it right now! Awaiting "WOOT!" post. :)

Nasty
31st October 2007, 06:27
Well by now you are over half way done .... sending good thoughts your way!

EJK
31st October 2007, 06:30
He'll do fine :yes:

Maha
31st October 2007, 06:44
Good time to do it....well it was up here for me some time ago, was back at the start point within half an hour...yeah i showed her!.....:banana:

carbacca
31st October 2007, 06:54
fucking asshole failed me :mad::mad::mad: for going too slow coming out of the carpark.

I WAS ONLY GOING SLOW TO WAIT FOR YOUR SLOW CAGER ASS TO PULL OUT OF THE DAMN CARPARK

those of you who have ridden with me will know i have no problems riding etc, i ride like a nana most of the time even

my dad came with me, hes a driving instructor and cringe when he saw my test officer. afterwards he told me hes the guy who almost got done for corruption on selling licenses a couple of years back, and who has to go to the psych ward for injections every couple of months!!!!

:girlfight::girlfight: wtf just my luck. i'll give it another whack as soon as i can book again. might tag along to one of my dads sunday test sessions

carbacca
31st October 2007, 06:55
Heres a cup of jinx! Have it before you sit the test ;)
right can i blame you then??

deanohit
31st October 2007, 07:06
Bugger Carbacca, sounds like the guy was a prick and would probably have failed you for leaving him behind or some other bullshit. Good luck getting a different tester next time.
My mate was failed by a testing officer like that a few monthes ago, the reason, he was waiting too long at the intersections, apparently his gap timing was 'shit'. His reply was
"Well I must be the only one paying attention to the ads on tv saying be careful at intersections then."
He appealed and was still failed and ended up resitting.

Aa7
31st October 2007, 07:36
ah crap :( bad luck carbacca :( i think by the sound of it is was a case of being a bad hair day for the instructor or something. maybe he's trying to make amends for his previous juant down the dark side and fails people randomly just to show he's doing his job. hopefully you dont get the same guy next time, maybe even book at a different test centre in case you do come across him again.

Ragingrob
31st October 2007, 07:40
That's bullshit! Which test center??

delusionz
31st October 2007, 07:44
bugger dude better luck next time

that reminds me I'm due for mine in about 30 days. Hope I don't get this same arsewipe, So which AA centre am I to avoid buddy?

marioc
31st October 2007, 07:45
well well well what a lamer bl man

carbacca
31st October 2007, 07:48
that was meadowland/howick

i will go westgate for the next test

duckaddict
The testing centre at Howick (I think) was good, they had the radio communication thingy for you, and the guy even stops you once every while to give advise, etc.

Ragingrob
Hey but don't you have to fail 20% of the points to fail overall? Like he can't just fail you on that pull out otherwise he could have just told you straight away to turn round!

duckaddict
31st October 2007, 07:50
opps, guess not :bye:

carbacca
31st October 2007, 07:55
not so much the centre as just the person really. yeah they had the radio but the headpiece was kinda big chunky and uncomfortable

Fub@r
31st October 2007, 08:04

I sat my 6R at Quay Street, got an awesome testing officer, he did me and mates 6R tests after each other. Ended up chatting and having a laugh with the guy for ages after the AA had closed. Top guy. I see he is now working from West Gate as Quay Street has reduced what tests can be done there.

Anyway I'm booked for my Full at West Gate this afternoon (3pm). I will let you know how good they are........better pass me the buggers :)

gijoe1313
31st October 2007, 08:49
:gob: Cheez whiz! You gotta be joking me! I think it was kismet acting with Sod and Murphy to have that happen. And to think you got up nice and early for that to happen. I mean, whats the point of letting you ride on if you were going to fail just getting out of the frikk'n carpark! :slap:

I think its because you're asian and stinking of puppy foetus rice breath! :doh:

And also you dress funny and ride a Hyosung.

Sorry to hear about it mate, chin up, book somewhere else and then give us the good news! :mobile:

delusionz
31st October 2007, 08:54
I don't understand the "going too slow" thing man. When I did my BHSC for my 6L the instructor said I was going too fast but I felt as though if I was any slower I was going to fall off and I was already riding a similar scooter for 6 months prior. What I'm saying is, I thought it was impossible to be failed for going "too slow" out of a carpark.

carbacca
31st October 2007, 09:11
ok it was a combination of:

- i had to wait for his cager ass to pull up hence pulling out a bit slower than i had expected
- the gap and i had selected that wouldve been ok for me on a bike was suddenly not big enough anymore, not for a bike + a cage
- i was quite happy in traffic but he had to leg it to catch up

klyong82
31st October 2007, 09:15
I thought they would have been more lenient on anyone sitting their 6R. I know for 6F it is usually very strict rules but I suppose he thought you were not confident enough on the road. DOnt lose hope take the exam again and be confident.

Slow in a carpark? That should be right you never know some kid might just walk in front on you or some darn car reserve without looking.

delusionz
31st October 2007, 10:23
What I'd like to know is whether you have to stick to the exact speed limit (50 for example) or the flow of the traffic (60ish)

carbacca
31st October 2007, 10:29
tester said he is ok with plus or minus 5 of speed limit before the test, when it is safe to do so

EJK
31st October 2007, 10:52
right can i blame you then??

Ok i deserve a red bling for this.
Sorry man...

sprag
31st October 2007, 11:38
fucking asshole failed me :mad::mad::mad: for going too slow coming out of the carpark.

I WAS ONLY GOING SLOW TO WAIT FOR YOUR SLOW CAGER ASS TO PULL OUT OF THE DAMN CARPARK

those of you who have ridden with me will know i have no problems riding etc, i ride like a nana most of the time even

my dad came with me, hes a driving instructor and cringe when he saw my test officer. afterwards he told me hes the guy who almost got done for corruption on selling licenses a couple of years back, and who has to go to the psych ward for injections every couple of months!!!!

:girlfight::girlfight: wtf just my luck. i'll give it another whack as soon as i can book again. might tag along to one of my dads sunday test sessions

That really bloody sucks, where did you go and get it done ? and what did the guy look like, I just did mine a couple of weeks ago out at takanini VTNZ, total time on bike was about 10mins and a very nice guy I had.

Might pay to book in out there and not go back to the one you went too.

Just an Idea.

Fub@r
31st October 2007, 11:57
I thought they would have been more lenient on anyone sitting their 6R. I know for 6F it is usually very strict rules

Didn't need to know that before I go and sit my 6F this arvo :)

Wasn't even going to bother doing it, could've sat it months ago. Just situation has changed as of Monday and I need to get it to be able to carry a pillion.

BTW anyone know where I can get a kids riding jacket?

LilSel
31st October 2007, 12:23
dude... that really sucks!!.. I sat my restricted on Carbine Rd (near sylvia park) in mt wellington... they were really nice there n had the radio comms etc... maybe try there?!

Ragingrob
31st October 2007, 12:39
That really bloody sucks, where did you go and get it done ? and what did the guy look like, I just did mine a couple of weeks ago out at takanini VTNZ, total time on bike was about 10mins and a very nice guy I had.

Might pay to book in out there and not go back to the one you went too.

Just an Idea.

Sounds good I think I'll be doing mine there in about January hope I get the same guy! Only thing is all the damn speed limit changes and train tracks!

car
31st October 2007, 12:40
I mean, whats the point of letting you ride on if you were going to fail just getting out of the frikk'n carpark!

To see if there were any other aspects of the rider's skills that were not up to test standards. Not much point in sending him home for an early bath to find out the next time that he's mastered the carpark but he can't indicate appropriately, perform a U-turn or find any gear other than first.

(This is not a comment on the skills of the OP, it's just the reason why the test should be completed despite early failures.)

Sympathies to the OP -- I thought I'd screwed up my restricted license test five minutes in, after I'd had to perform a real emergency stop in the face of oncoming traffic and then paddle the bike backwards uphill for 10m, the examiner paddling too. So I rode the rest of the test like I was already failed. At the end I was expecting failure, and got it, but for pulling out of an intersection into a gap that was deemed too small, literally a few hundred metres before we got back to the testing station, because I was sick of waiting to turn. Examiner reckoned I'd done exactly the right thing with the emergency earlier on and that loss of patience was the only mark on my sheet. C'est la vie.

You'll get it right next time, and in a year you'll barely remember the sting of this.

Winter
31st October 2007, 12:46

Bugger man.

I sat my 6R at medowlands on Monday. I had a great tester lady, she was friendly and explained everything to me nice and clear.

She said that with bikes she was more lenient with the speed as it can be dangerous holding up traffic, so I was to go with the flow of traffic.

After the test she said it was good riding, but I could afford to keep left more than I did. She passed me.

Don't let some grumpy fuck get you down, reboot, and sit it again, asap!

sprag
31st October 2007, 12:50
Sounds good I think I'll be doing mine there in about January hope I get the same guy! Only thing is all the damn speed limit changes and train tracks!

Oh its not really that hard, I am from the north shore and went out there.

Here is the one I did, however I know from a mate that his was different than what I did.

jrandom
31st October 2007, 12:54
Unfortunately, practical licence test results can be pretty random when you get examiners who've never ridden a motorcycle in traffic.

The trick is, I'd say, to pretend you're a car. Riding for a test is nothing like normal riding around town.

That said, some testers are just cunts.

And sometimes you do just screw up; I failed my first 6F test earlier this year when I neglected to check that my indicators were working before arriving. Got out, went to start the test, front left indicator's not blinking. Woops. Bye bye $70, time to rebook.

car
31st October 2007, 13:32
I often how many drivers (like me, f'rinstance) who've had their licences for years would get on if they sat a test now.

Badly, for all the reasons you state.

Anecdotally, for instance, my father passed his test and rode a fair bit in the '60s, '70s and '80s, but a paperwork mishap meant that he lost the motorcycle entitlement and had to sit a test in 2000. He found this surprisingly hard, especially in comparison to the test that he'd had to sit in his youth. He passed, but said that he'd had to unlearn a lot of bad habits. He admitted that it wasn't a bad thing that he'd had to do it, though.

car
31st October 2007, 13:53
Blardy paperwork mishaps.:Pokey:
Some time after licences changed from the old 'booklet' type, to the "new and indestructible 'permanent' licences", the vifferbabe noticed she suddenly no longer had a car licence but DID have a bike licence. Lucky for her, all she had to do was point this out to them and they issued the correct one.

Yes, it was something like that. Either the change from paper to EC-style photocard or perhaps something when we returned from living abroad -- I forget. But, basically, he forgot to tick the box that said "I also would like to retain my motorcycle entitlement, please, o munificent pusher of paper" and, because he wasn't riding at that point, he didn't notice. Or perhaps didn't care; it wasn't until I got back into riding and bought that ZXR400 that he decided he had a biking itch to scratch.

Mmm, ZXR400.

Ragingrob
31st October 2007, 14:01
Oh its not really that hard, I am from the north shore and went out there.

Here is the one I did, however I know from a mate that his was different than what I did.

That's a nice little test :)

HTFU
31st October 2007, 14:17
fucking asshole failed me for going too slow coming out of the carpark.

Mate thats fucked. On our recent jaunt around the coro you were one of the safer ones.

Tester said he is ok with plus or minus 5 of speed limit before the test, when it is safe to do so

When I did my test for my full a few months back I was in the 100km zone came in to the 70km but missed it and sat on 100km for 3-400m before I saw the 50km sign (oops). Guy could have failed me for that one, just said you had me worried for a minute there in the 70km I said simply I didn't see the sign. No problems with a pass. Have to say you got robbed. Note to others don't get your test done there.

Fub@r
31st October 2007, 17:21
Just got my Full at Westgate..............awesome bunch of testers there

Ended up speaking to all three of the testers who deal with bikes, all of them ride which was a bonus. I ended up with a shoulder mounted speaker which was damn hard to hear what I was being told.

All up nice bunch there

gijoe1313
31st October 2007, 19:44
Hey congrats Fub@r! Now your on the fast track to riding what you like in the hours you like now! :lol:

Sweet as! Chur chur :woohoo:

discotex
1st November 2007, 11:59
Just got my Full at Westgate..............awesome bunch of testers there

Ended up speaking to all three of the testers who deal with bikes, all of them ride which was a bonus. I ended up with a shoulder mounted speaker which was damn hard to hear what I was being told.

All up nice bunch there

+1 for Westgate. The did screw up and didn't get my eyesight cert and photo as they obviously wanted to get the hell out of there and I was the last test. After waiting for my licence to arrive for 2 weeks called LTNZ and was told I'd have to pop into an AA to sort it.

Would rather they stuffed up the paperwork rather than the testing tho!

Having seen you ride Carbacca I'm sure you'll pass easy 2nd time around. Sounds like you just got a bad egg.

rphenix
1st November 2007, 19:47

Hey Carbacca bad luck mate :( I sat my restricted on Tuesday on the shore the instructor was a good bloke even telling me to make sure I do at least 51km (but not more than 60) cause bikes tend to be a bit out on the speedo + its safer where as when he does car tests its 45km in a 50 all the way :)

I remember your driving so you should have passed I didnt even think they marked you much coming out of the car park goes to show ey! As for me I passed despite thinking ohh shit insta fail for not slowing down to 20km passing a school bus I never notice those darn stage coaches as school buses they arent like what I used to go to school on hehe..

rphenix
1st November 2007, 19:54
I often how many drivers (like me, f'rinstance) who've had their licences for years would get on if they sat a test now. I think a combination of ingrained bad habits and some fairly pedantic examiners would provide results that might shock a few of us.
One of my sons failed his car licence test; one of the reasons was because he gave way to someone in the carpark when he had right-of way. Kind of unfair given that your average moron puts on their "I'm in a carpark now so the rules of the road don't apply" hat, and he was just playing it safe. In the GoodOleBAdOleDays, the examiner would'nt have worried about such nitpicking.

Well im going through that shit now... I lost my license (by lost i mean dropped the physical bit of paper) back when it was paper licenses... anyway ordered a replacement just as licenses were changing to photos and what do you know but the bike class was missing, no amount of arguing with the AA dudes could correct that so I didnt drive a bike for a awhile till now where im getting the license again... but certainly a lot harder last time there was no exit test!

carbacca
18th November 2007, 16:57
did my resit this morning, passed with no problems.

celebrated by going to coro immediately afterwards. yay its good to be able to finalyl legally ride at 100 but its not like its stopped me before

Nasty
18th November 2007, 17:00

celebrated by going to coro immediately afterwards. yay its good to be able to finalyl legally ride at 100 but its not like its stopped me before

Congrats .. that is fantastic news ... and ain't it lovely to at least be able to legally go 100!

EJK
18th November 2007, 19:26
Haha congrats! :D

How was the coro loop? we've done it before ey? oh yeah thats right... lol

sprag
19th November 2007, 07:43

Congrats there bud, bummer you had to spend more money to get it however, there goes ya beer money for the week :P

2fst4u
19th November 2007, 08:34

... you said you were going for your 6R test... that's restricted right? so you cant go 100Kph legally (im not saing you shouldnt as everyone else does) but im just pointing this out as nobody else has

carbacca
19th November 2007, 08:57
for the purposes of the test you have an exemption to go to 100kph which was stated to me beforehand. not like i got the chance to anyways cos on the 100kph section we can up to a large group of cyclists riding 2-3 abreast, double yellow lines on the road which means i wasnt going to get past in a hurry.

2fst4u
19th November 2007, 10:15
oh right, FOR the test. gotcha now :yes:

carbacca
19th November 2007, 16:15
hm having done the 6R now i am really looking forward to doing my 6F as soon as possible. but by some shear mathematical coincidence doing an "approved course" actually doesnt help me at all!!

You can apply for a full licence after 18 months on your restricted licence if you are under 25 years old, or after six months on your restricted licence if you are 25 or older.

If you successfully complete an approved course, the length of time you must hold your restricted licence for will be reduced to 12 months for those aged under 25 years, and three months for those 25 or older. You must present the course certificate to the driver licensing agent when you book the practical test.

If you're under 25, you can only complete an approved course after you've had your restricted licence for at least six months.

i am about five and a half months away from being 25. soooo, by the time i am eligible to do the course in the first place, i would be eligible to do the test anyways!!

so i guess i'll just do the time

Nasty
19th November 2007, 16:52
I recommend doing a course .. not for the time but for what it teaches you. I have been driving 10 years and learnt stuff on the course .. so can't see why you wouldn't.

discotex
19th November 2007, 19:32
I recommend doing a course .. not for the time but for what it teaches you. I have been driving 10 years and learnt stuff on the course .. so can't see why you wouldn't.

Yeah it's not all bad. I did it to reduce my time. Got the practical assessment on Thursday then my full licence test on Monday.

The best bit was on the first night. Dude turns up 45mins late and says to the instructor "sorry I'm late.. I had an accident on the way here". I shouldn't have laughed as I got taken out the next week.

I personally think you'd be better off just doing RRRS or some other practical riding instruction the play with a copy of the CD they give you at the DD course (all about scanning and hazard identification).

carbacca, PM me if you want a copy of the CD.

MidnightMike
20th November 2007, 07:54
Good to see you passed there Mr Carbacca,

ok it was a combination of:

- i had to wait for his cager ass to pull up hence pulling out a bit slower than i had expected
- the gap and i had selected that wouldve been ok for me on a bike was suddenly not big enough anymore, not for a bike + a cage
- i was quite happy in traffic but he had to leg it to catch up

I almost failed my test due to gap selection, all I wanted to do was have enough room for me and the testers POS van, but according to him you should just ignore that and just find a gap, use it, and wait for him further up the road. Meh, ah well.

rphenix
21st November 2007, 14:45

Belated Congrats :clap:

discotex
21st November 2007, 15:51

Ahhh but how good is it knowing you don't need the L plate?