PDA

View Full Version : Northland: Maha Meander 390

Maha
31st October 2007, 17:47
Date....Saturday Nov' 10th.....:2thumbsup
Leaving Warkworth Mobil at 10.00 am
Heading north to Kaikohe thru 'Twin Bridges' onto Haruru/Paihia. Lunch at Haruru Pub. Back thru' Kawakawa/Whangarei....stop for Gas! Then thru' Waipu and Mangawhai where i plan to stop for a dwink and bum reblooding.
Round trip from Warkworth about 390 kms

Attendance thingy in the link below

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2007-11-10&e=1437&c=1

Maha
3rd November 2007, 07:57
So Maha! are you going to be aloner, nope! Tide is coming dork, oh, ok thats two then...Mom will be there toooooo dont forget!...:yes:

Some pic's of when we were last up at the Bridges....:yes:

Fat Tony
3rd November 2007, 08:31
I'd like to come!

:doh:

nallac
3rd November 2007, 08:38
i'd love to come for a ride with you(s) but workin

Laava
3rd November 2007, 21:58
If my current plan changes, I'm in, but I am booked to install a shower for my favourite Auntie in Milford! Guess what I'd rather be doing!:whistle:

Maha
4th November 2007, 08:40
If my current plan changes, I'm in, but I am booked to install a shower for my favourite Auntie in Milford! Guess what I'd rather be doing!:whistle:

Getting wet behind your ears??........:bleh:

Laava
4th November 2007, 09:18
LOL! Got to get rid of the crusty wax buildup sometime!:sick:

Maha
4th November 2007, 09:24
LOL! Got to get rid of the crusty wax buildup sometime!:sick:

Yeah Doug said something about that yesterday....:eek:... did he see ya yesterday to watch the pretty fireworks?

Laava
4th November 2007, 10:10
No, he didn't make it. Had to eat all the fresh whitebait, crayfish and snapper ourselves! We did have to share tho as it is traditional for us to have a houseful on fireworks night!

WickedOne
4th November 2007, 10:16
Sounds like a bloody good ride, I'll be in touch closer to the time but I am pretty keen at the moment!!!!

Bren
4th November 2007, 14:19
Bugger guys....would be a good ride....I miss that part of the country...Ma and Pa are living back up in Leigh, but my life is like down here in Canterbury....(I sure do miss home though, clicking heels together sayin "theres no place like Leigh, theres no place like Leigh")

Be sure to take some pics guys and post em on the site so I can get homesick all over again!

Unit
4th November 2007, 14:29
Well it just so happen Mr Nedwin the Third that I will be in Norfland this coming weekend. Wont be able to do the whole ride with you, but will certainly hook up with you guys for a wee bit along the way. Are you planning to do SH1 to Whangarei or will you do the Paparoa Road instead

Maha
4th November 2007, 15:26
Well it just so happen Mr Nedwin the Third that I will be in Norfland this coming weekend. Wont be able to do the whole ride with you, but will certainly hook up with you guys for a wee bit along the way. Are you planning to do SH1 to Whangarei or will you do the Paparoa Road instead

Plan A is to head straight up to Otaika Valley rd (opposite that big green portland sign ) then accross to the Daggyville/Whanga' rd coming out where at the start of Twin Bridges rd. Then up to Kaikohe and over to Haruru for KAI. I will leave the Paparoa/Oakleigh rd out of this one...knee's get a bit sore! if ya' know what i mean....:shifty:

nodrog
5th November 2007, 10:55
....bum reblooding.

..knee's get a bit sore! if ya' know what i mean....:shifty:

Carpet Burn?

MadDuck
5th November 2007, 11:17
If the weathers ok...you know I will tag along as per usual

ArcherWC
5th November 2007, 11:45
im up for a nana ride if the weather is ok

Maha
5th November 2007, 15:57
Carpet Burn?

I wear knee pads.....:eek:

Yeah dont want the rain....i shrink!...i have changed the start time too...:niceone:

im up for a nana ride if the weather is ok

I will Google search a Devonshire Tea place then aye?....:devil2:

Unit
5th November 2007, 16:46
OK will most likely join you guys on your way back through (I like the sound of pizza and beer) ;)

Toaster
5th November 2007, 21:30
Have a great ride!

I wish I could make it but I have a precommitment that afternoon.

trump-lady
5th November 2007, 22:31
Id like to come :) if someones heading up from my way

Maha
6th November 2007, 06:22

You two could meet up in Orewa at a given time, Archer might be along too so you could make it a three way....:devil2:
Check the New start time also!

Mountlocal1
6th November 2007, 11:48

Im keen if the weather is sweet... Il be coming up from Hams.

ArcherWC
6th November 2007, 12:12
i like threeways

Donor
6th November 2007, 13:42
I'd love to come, but it'd mean going over 90kph and if we get carried away I might end up riding after 10pm and I only have a 700 to ride and...

...FUCK!

With this bloody licence upgrade, I am *SO* out of excuses...

Will see how it pans out, may have a small pootle happening out this way, but if not then I shall see if I can get an advance on my next allotment of brownie points.

MadDuck
6th November 2007, 14:53
i like threeways

So I hear big boy :shifty:....

Happy to meet up with the lady in pink somewhere near Orewa. Will maybe organise something closer the day.

hospitalfood
6th November 2007, 15:38
will try to make it if I'm not working

trump-lady
6th November 2007, 20:47
Sounds good all........theres a few so Im sure we can make something happen closer to the day. Im classic for getting lost so whoever is closer....going through Panmure (preferably Panmure roundabout) Im all over it. I wouldnt ever want to be accused of limiting my options to a 3some....as many who want too.... can join :)

trump-lady
6th November 2007, 20:48
I do know how to get to the Puhoi Pub though!...........

Laava
6th November 2007, 21:00
Right, so I'm in now and will prob meet you at Otaika Rd.

Maha
6th November 2007, 21:03
I do know how to get to the Puhoi Pub though!...........

We are 10-15 mins north of that...easy peasy, but pm MadDuck and arrange something for Saturday morning, the Mobil here in Warworth is too easy to find....Mark

Laava
6th November 2007, 21:31
If you get to Waipukemoanatitotare you have gone too far, turn round , turnoff at the 2nd concrete bridge, check to make sure you have enough fuel, continue on exactly 314.7km, etc, etc

terbang
7th November 2007, 00:27
I'd like to come!

:doh:

Same here but still in saudi. Have fun Maha and company .

Maha
7th November 2007, 15:16
Im keen if the weather is sweet... Il be coming up from Hams.

It will be a very big day for you Mountlocal....we have a KB sleepover room downstairs if you dont feel you want to ride anymore when we get back to Warkworth.....

Mountlocal1
7th November 2007, 16:59
It will be a very big day for you Mountlocal....we have a KB sleepover room downstairs if you dont feel you want to ride anymore when we get back to Warkworth.....

Hmmm... Just looking at the map... :yes:

WickedOne
7th November 2007, 19:17
Anyone going on the ride is welcome to meet me at the Albany Pub (NOT the Speights Ale house) before heading up to Warkworth. I'll be leaving the pub carpark at 9am at the latest. PM me if you are going to meet up so that I don't leave without you!!!

Laava
7th November 2007, 20:43
I'm going to flop out of the old farter at 10.00, scratch a bit, slide an egg or two in with some coffee and meet you at the Maungatapere end of the Kai Goose Rd, by the old machinery at 11.00ish. I think Mrs Laava is coming too at this stage. I'll see if I can get some of the locals interested:argue:

Mountlocal1
7th November 2007, 20:47

Thanks heaps for the offer MM. After staring at the map blankly I may give it a miss this time... Think Il just head out local and catch up with the family.

Have a sweet ride guys!

Cheers! :2thumbsup

Maha
7th November 2007, 20:48
Anyone going on the ride is welcome to meet me at the Albany Pub before heading up to Warkworth. I'll be leaving the pub carpark at 9am at the latest. PM me if you are going to meet up so that I don't leave without you!!!

Yay ya comin'....all the pretty bikes will make for a great pic at the odd stop...

I'm going to flop out of the old farter at 10.00, scratch a bit, slide an egg or two in with some coffee and meet you at the Maungatapere end of the Kai Goose Rd, by the old machinery at 11.00ish. I think Mrs Laava is coming too at this stage. I'll see if I can get some of the locals interested:argue:

That will be our first stop Al, see ya there, must remember to look out for cows up through to Kaikohe....:sweatdrop

Maha
7th November 2007, 20:52
Thanks heaps for the offer MM. After staring at the map blankly I may give it a miss this time... Think Il just head out local and catch up with the family.

Have a sweet ride guys!

Cheers! :2thumbsup

No worries...thought it would have been about a 800 km+ for you if you were to head back Hammy after...understand the rethink, catch ya on a ride south sometime, has ben known for us to head that way from time to time...

Laava
7th November 2007, 20:57
must remember to look out for cows up through to Kaikohe....:sweatdrop
Freezer a bit empty?:2guns:

Maha
7th November 2007, 21:00
Freezer a bit empty?:2guns:

I ride with a crossbow, well Mom points and pulls, better eye sight too. This is a 'Meanderthol' ride aye?...ugh ugh....:bash:

Laava
7th November 2007, 21:48
This is a 'Meanderthol' ride aye?...ugh ugh....:bash:
LOL!:niceone:

oldguy
7th November 2007, 21:51
I could make a guest appearance, all be it if I can found a way to tie the Buell down on me trailer. Im heading up to me Dads on Friday night, got the whanau with me, so have to take the Pajero, thinking can chuck the trailer on back load the Buell on, depending what time you think you'll get to the twin bridges, can hookup with you's there.
Does anyone have any idea how to tie the Buell down???

Kwaka14
7th November 2007, 21:54
I might tag along, sounds like a good break in ride for the 14, depends on how fast it's likely to go though, break in= relatively slow.....

Maha
8th November 2007, 06:25
I could make a guest appearance, all be it if I can found a way to tie the Buell down on me trailer. Im heading up to me Dads on Friday night, got the whanau with me, so have to take the Pajero, thinking can chuck the trailer on back load the Buell on, depending what time you think you'll get to the twin bridges, can hookup with you's there.
Does anyone have any idea how to tie the Buell down???

Twin bridges will a stop point John at about...11.45?...12.00?

I might tag along, sounds like a good break in ride for the 14, depends on how fast it's likely to go though, break in= relatively slow.....

Its a Maha ride...NOT relatively fast....:eek:... in saying that, anyone who wants to 'give it a bit' is most welcome. There will be a few of us that are happy take in the smells of the country side...Translation? my rides suit all...:niceone:

ArcherWC
8th November 2007, 06:32
Hahahahahaha, have you never ridden with Maha???????

Breakin wont be a problem

ArcherWC
8th November 2007, 06:34
I will be there, meeting a couple of others at 9-9:15 in Silverdale town center. if anyone else want to meet us there for the cruise up to Warkworth, all welcome

Grahameeboy
8th November 2007, 06:39
Plan A is to head straight up to Otaika Valley rd (opposite that big green portland sign ) then accross to the Daggyville/Whanga' rd coming out where at the start of Twin Bridges rd. Then up to Kaikohe and over to Haruru for KAI. I will leave the Paparoa/Oakleigh rd out of this one...knee's get a bit sore! if ya' know what i mean....:shifty:

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...............cause your rides are the best...........so next time, pretty please.....

Maha
8th November 2007, 06:42
Hahahahahaha, have you never ridden with Maha???????
Breakin wont be a problem

See, now you got me beleiving that.....:whistle:

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...............cause your rides are the best...........so next time, pretty please.....

Next time sunday...just for you GB.....:hug:

Grahameeboy
8th November 2007, 06:43
See, now you got me beleiving that.....:whistle:

Next time sunday...just for you GB.....:hug:

Oh and not the first Sunday of month as I have extra Nats time......that's all:niceone:

MadDuck
8th November 2007, 07:37
I will be there, meeting a couple of others at 9-9:15 in Silverdale town center. if anyone else want to meet us there for the cruise up to Warkworth, all welcome

Will see you there Mr Archer.....Silverdale township aint that big so I am sure I will find you

EDIT: The saturday markets will be on dont forget

SlowHand
8th November 2007, 11:48
Tempting. Are gixxer pilots allowed in? :D

jrandom
8th November 2007, 11:49

I'm not coming unless it's a race.

MadDuck
8th November 2007, 13:35

Only if they behave badly :shit:

ArcherWC
8th November 2007, 14:12
Its allways a race with the Maha's

nodrog
8th November 2007, 14:16

agreed :niceone: goodluck keeping up :scooter:

Maha
8th November 2007, 14:17

The fine print in my Maha Ride Contract reads....First one to the the pub shouts...:

Scouse
8th November 2007, 14:33
Does anyone have any idea how to tie the Buell down???Try some tiedowns or if you dont have them rope will do.

T.I.E
8th November 2007, 14:34
agreed :niceone: goodluck keeping up :scooter:

we will wait for you..................

hmmmmm a bit too tempting. i can't come....... must do work.......... its too hard........ i cant give in...........

so what time ya passing through kaiwaka?

Maha
8th November 2007, 14:35
Try some tiedowns or if you dont have them rope will do.

So what are you saying...Blue Tak is no good?....:cool:

Scouse
8th November 2007, 14:38
So what are you saying...Blue Tak is no good?....:cool:No

Now are you coming on my Coro ride next weekend?

Maha
8th November 2007, 14:39
we will wait for you..................

hmmmmm a bit too tempting. i can't come....... must do work.......... its too hard........ i cant give in...........

so what time ya passing through kaiwaka?

On the way up?....10.30 coming back we will ride through Waipu to Mangawhai where i dear say, i will need a wee rest....:whistle:
Im working down Onoriri rd tomorrow...at that new sub-division

Maha
8th November 2007, 14:40
No

Now are you coming on my Coro ride next weekend?

8am start?.... im still scratching my arse at the time on Saturdays.....:baby:

T.I.E
8th November 2007, 14:44
On the way up?....10.30 coming back we will ride through Waipu to Mangawhai where i dear say, i will need a wee rest....:whistle:
Im working down Onoriri rd tomorrow...at that new sub-division

which sub division? the flash one and what ya doing down there?

Maha
8th November 2007, 14:48
which sub division? the flash one and what ya doing down there?

Yes the flash one with the Gate that you have code in. Um we are making the floor look all pretty, its a showhome, carpets been layed we are laying tiles in the Kitchen/Ensuite....

nodrog
8th November 2007, 14:55
Yes the flash one with the Gate that you have code in. Um we are making the floor look all pretty, its a showhome, carpets been layed we are laying tiles in the Kitcken/Ensuite....

you went out on the tiles and got layed in the kitchen and ensuite? standard thursday lunch in Warkwood?

Maha
8th November 2007, 15:00
you went out on the tiles and got layed in the kitchen and ensuite? standard thursday lunch in Warkwood?

Spelling now corrected Oh Great Designer Of Kitckens....:niceone:

Mom
8th November 2007, 16:31

Shhhhhhh noddy, else everyone will want to live here.:eek5:

Unit
8th November 2007, 18:26
Are you sleeping our room around on us now Nedwin the Third :nono:

Anyone going on the ride is welcome to meet me at the Albany Pub before heading up to Warkworth. I'll be leaving the pub carpark at 9am at the latest. PM me if you are going to meet up so that I don't leave without you!!!
Yea dont let the WickedOne (or two) leave without you, be afraid, be very afriad :shit:

In the true spirit of a Norflander, :Punk:

Umm, well, your bike will do 180km in first gear, standard out of the box, your worried about what? :blank:

Norfland boasts the G zone, Gixxers are welcome but beware, these norfland road are narsty. With the Mahas, so long as your riding its all good. :Punk:

WickedOne
8th November 2007, 18:44

I am leaving Albany at 9:00 so could meet up with you guys on my way through

Maha
8th November 2007, 19:17
Are you sleeping our room around on us now Nedwin the Third :nono:

Well, the bourbons are running out so.......rents due....:shifty:

SlowHand
8th November 2007, 19:30
Norfland boasts the G zone, Gixxers are welcome but beware, these norfland road are narsty. With the Mahas, so long as your riding its all good. :Punk:

Maybe I'm not supposed to be going to norfland. G Zone sounds very vague. I need a spot to recognise..

I'll see you at Albany I think, coming in from Kumeu way. If I'm not there by 9.00, leave without me.

Only if they behave badly

Let's see some rules for this race, so I can put in an effort.

Laava
8th November 2007, 20:06
. G Zone sounds very vague. I need a spot to recognise...
Mate, I know what you mean! But keep looking for it, the rewards can be great!:devil2: Maybe you need to speed the hand up a bit for this one!:clap:

Mountlocal1
8th November 2007, 20:20
[QUOTE=Unit;1285042]Are you sleeping our room around on us now Nedwin the Third :nono:

Aww crap Im in trouble aren't I?....... :shutup: Sorry Unit...

Lucky I changed my mind. If Im ever up your way I will bring a tent... :yes:

Laava
8th November 2007, 20:33
[QUOTE=Unit;1285042]If Im ever up your way I will bring a tent... :yes:
I tried that. They won't let you do it!;)

Mountlocal1
8th November 2007, 20:35
[QUOTE;1285278]
I tried that. They won't let you do it!;)

Dog Kennel?

Maha
8th November 2007, 20:58
i'd love to come for a ride with you(s) but workin

Saturday is looking to be a stunner....pity ya have to work nallac

Well thats one less.....:hug:

There are two ways to ride on one of my Rides...Race does not even come into the equation....the two ways are....dont piss anybody off and most importantly....you own your bit of road, ride it how you see fit. I dont know you and not sure how to take your comment, but it would great to have join us, yes there will be some who take off at some point but a race?... na!....wrong thread for that word..:spanking:
PS:...im not pissed just stating a fact

SlowHand
8th November 2007, 21:16
Hehe. Take my comments with a grain of salt Mr Hama Sir.
If I'm slow, I'm slow, if I'm not, I'm not. I've ridden with some of the people on this thread, and can expect the pace. I'm happy with that.

ps. will there be a race and a bet to eat the food quickest? cos im not comin if there is!!

nodrog
8th November 2007, 21:19
...im not pissed just starting a fart

would be good to ride the old home roads again, but alas i am busy, will have to head up soon though for a gentle putt. :woohoo:

p.s. watch out for the Taniwha.

Maha
8th November 2007, 21:23
Hehe. Take my comments with a grain of salt Mr Hama Sir.
If I'm slow, I'm slow, if I'm not, I'm not. I've ridden with some of the people on this thread, and can expect the pace. I'm happy with that.

ps. will there be a race and a bet to eat the food quickest? cos im not comin if there is!!

Tis all good Mr WolshDan....looking forward to meeting ya

would be good to ride the old home roads again, but alas i am busy, will have to head up soon though for a gentle putt. :woohoo:

p.s. watch out for the Taniwha.

Told you what i would do at the Bridge aye?...well Tani gets the same...:eek: treatment...

Mom
8th November 2007, 21:41
Well, I am cracking out the blue lovely this weekend for a bit of an attempt at the twin bridges road. Will need heaps of space to practise my mooves and grooves..I am leaving 2 hours before you lot so should be able to catch you up for a feed at Haruru no worries. Bring on the weekend!!!

MadDuck
9th November 2007, 07:22

The rules of the race are ....NO ONE PASSES ME! Now you know the rules you sure you still wanna come along Mr Master Chef :bleh:

Mrs Busa Pete
9th November 2007, 07:55
The rules of the race are ....NO ONE PASSES ME! Now you know the rules you sure you still wanna come along Mr Master Chef :bleh:

That's ok guy. Arn't you TEC for this ride

Unit
9th November 2007, 08:06
Ooo goodie I love these no one passes me races, I like to get out the front then stay in 1st gear :niceone: (shit thats right, my bike does over 150ks in first :doh:)
Looking forward to riding with ya Mrs MadDuck, and with Moms blue lovey :scooter:

trump-lady
9th November 2007, 10:23

K its getting closer.... can I meet up with you guyz in the morning some where obvious round Panmure Area :)

Or someone post up how long it will take from Panmure to meet point at a nanna pace?

Ty Ty and see you all 2morrow

ArcherWC
9th November 2007, 10:28
Sweet, see you in the morning

hospitalfood
9th November 2007, 12:23
starting to think I might make this one.

Kwaka14
9th November 2007, 12:32
Damn, now discover I can't come due to work commitments... Sux

trump-lady
9th November 2007, 14:09
k looked at the map...havent heard of anyone coming my way so Im thinking leave Panmure Mobil at the big roundabout after filling up at 9am I should have plenty of time to get to the meet point.

C you all there

If anyone wants to ride with me there
027 410 2048

Scouse
9th November 2007, 14:18
8am start?.... im still scratching my arse at the time on Saturdays.....:baby:Tell you what if your at the Autobhann for 08:00am I'll let you scratch my arse now I cant be any fairer than that

Maha
9th November 2007, 14:19

See!...now ya starting to sound like the Whacky Race's...will the real Penelope Pitstop please stand up....:woohoo:

nodrog
9th November 2007, 14:25
See!...now ya starting to sound like the Whacky Race's...will the real Penelope Pitstop please stand up....:woohoo:

you rang darling?

Maha
9th November 2007, 14:26
you rang darling?

Ah there she is...does look like someone tho'.....:confused:

Maha
9th November 2007, 14:31
Ooo goodie I love these no one passes me races, I like to get out the front then stay in 1st gear :niceone: (shit thats right, my bike does over 150ks in first :doh:)

Hey Prunit.....you look after those chicken strips please, they are highly valued around these here parts....:cool:

SlowHand
9th November 2007, 15:09
k looked at the map...havent heard of anyone coming my way so Im thinking leave Panmure Mobil at the big roundabout after filling up at 9am I should have plenty of time to get to the meet point.

C you all there

027 410 2048

Uhh, we're leaving Albany @ 0900 . Don't you mean earlier?

Maha
9th November 2007, 15:18

C you all there

027 410 2048

starting to think I might make this one.

Saweeeet... the bike pics will loo even better with the Buell tucked in there somewhere...

Every coming up from Aucks way...look out for the Pink Trump Lady...shouldn't be too hard to spot...:confused:

Scouse
9th November 2007, 16:10
Unfortunately I wont be able to make it tomorrow as I have to get me dog pruned it is getting too humid for the old fella so have a great ride yall other wise I woulda escorted ya to Warkworth Tania

trump-lady
9th November 2007, 16:13
Uhh, we're leaving Albany @ 0900 . Don't you mean earlier?

I looked at the map for mobil....
Im leaving from Panmure
I have no idea where Albany is so Im leaving from Panmure to reach Mobil at 10am........ I figured this would be plenty of time....
am I wrong?
Ur making me think I should leave earlier.........

Grahameeboy
9th November 2007, 16:15
Has it been changed to Sunday yet??

Mom
9th November 2007, 16:18
That's ok guy. Arn't you TEC for this ride

No, that would be me! Really looking forward to actually finding out what this little bike of mine can and cant handle, so the back is the best place for me really.

C you all there

027 410 2048

Hey girl!

Just head north on the motorway, get to Orewa and keep coming north. When you get to Warkworth, at the first set of lights turn right, the Mobil is 300m from the intersection. You should easy get to us in an hour. See you tomorrow! :banana: Lets hope weather is like it has been today.

Mom
9th November 2007, 16:21
Has it been changed to Sunday yet??

He is a shit like that GB! NO tis Saturday, but........you wanna come up Sunday? If I have not totally disgraced myself, we could do lunch at Mangawhai?

Grahameeboy
9th November 2007, 16:28
He is a shit like that GB! NO tis Saturday, but........you wanna come up Sunday? If I have not totally disgraced myself, we could do lunch at Mangawhai?

Will have to let you know on the day as I need to go through my Affidavit for defending ex's application for full custody of Nats with a Lawyer friend this weekend but would be keen to pop up if I can??

Mom
9th November 2007, 16:30
Will have to let you know on the day as I need to go through my Affidavit for defending ex's application for full custody of Nats with a Lawyer friend this weekend but would be keen to pop up if I can??

You know where we are!

Grahameeboy
9th November 2007, 16:36
You know where we are!

Warkworth.................

Harry the Barstard
9th November 2007, 17:20
What time do you reckon we will be back?

It's just that i have put some Buell headlights an shield on my Hornet and i havent had time to aim them up yet. All ive done is set them on the low side as not to p!ss anyone off.

I wuuld like to get them just right before doing to much night riding. Just a rough estimate, im not going to hold anyone to it.

Harry the Barstard
9th November 2007, 17:21
For the Albany lot that is........my bad

Maha
9th November 2007, 17:28
What time do you reckon we will be back?

It's just that i have put some Buell headlights an shield on my Hornet and i havent had time to aim them up yet. All ive done is set them on the low side as not to p!ss anyone off.

I wuuld like to get them just right before doing to much night riding. Just a rough estimate, im not going to hold anyone to it.

Late afternoon maybe...we are going to stop at Mangawhai (last stop of the day) but if you want to head on back at anytime feel free. Lunch stop at Haruru pub then back down through Paihia/Whangarei (gas stop)...then peel off at Waipu, and thats where you can keep going on SH1 if you want, back to Aucks.

Unit
9th November 2007, 17:59
Hey Prunit.....you look after those chicken strips please, they are highly valued around these here parts....:cool:

Oh you would be so proud of me right now. Ive got at least 8,000ks out of the centre of my rear tyre, almost dont need the sidestand now, so Im not quite there yet. Thats why I thought I would only join in for the Whangarei/Waipu leg, no corners :whistle:

WickedOne
9th November 2007, 18:01
Weather is going to be AWESOME tomorrow!!!!!!! WWWOOO HHHHOOOO!!! :headbang::headbang:

Mom
9th November 2007, 18:02
Oh you would be so proud of me right now. Ive got at least 8,000ks out of the centre of my rear tyre, almost dont need the sidestand now, so Im not quite there yet. Thats why I thought I would only join in for the Whangarei/Waipu leg, no corners :whistle:

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Has anyone told you that you may be a big fat porky teller.........the big and fat relating to the porkies of course......not you, you gorgeous thang!

Harry the Barstard
9th November 2007, 18:03
Hey just to let people know, I will be turning back probably about mangauhwai. Just for those people who need to get back to auckland early.

Will do the full ride next time for sure.

Unit
9th November 2007, 18:10
who you calling porky Mrs Mom?

Mom
9th November 2007, 19:36
who you calling porky Mrs Mom?

I think I love you! Pigs are my fav of all time animals...........slap Nodgroggy for me, I know where his mind wandered just then, tell him my pigs hate honey!

Yay! feeling excited about tomorrow. Big ride for my unfit, usually pillion bod :baby:

Really looking forward to the down change/slow down, throttle on, lean over corners! Opps, I forgot brakes!......LOL.

Maha
9th November 2007, 20:34
Weather is going to be AWESOME tomorrow!!!!!!! WWWOOO HHHHOOOO!!! :headbang::headbang:

Yeah looking good from up here 'D'.....i had a look at another way to get form Kaikohe to Haruru...i wrote the road names down, so somebody stop me if start to wave my arms around...ya know how i am with giving directions....:(

trump-lady
9th November 2007, 21:42
grrrrrrrr just put my new rego on and tried to fix my number plate....
I recently took the brace off and on my last ride a rider noted the back end was bouncing around, Thought it was an easy fix but where I need to screw I cant reach with out what looks like I gotta take the bike apart. Doesnt help its to dark in the garage and the tourches are flat...theres not one battery in the house and I prob had 2 many Jim Beans :)
So....it was fine with a bungy cord but thats kinda hooreyyyyy so ima have a look tomorrow morning but I might have to miss.......... crap

Maha
10th November 2007, 06:25
grrrrrrrr just put my new rego on and tried to fix my number plate....
I recently took the brace off and on my last ride a rider noted the back end was bouncing around, Thought it was an easy fix but where I need to screw I cant reach with out what looks like I gotta take the bike apart.

What brace are you talking about Tania?...Is it for your panniers/top box? i had trouble with mine a while back, ended up taking it off all together and now have a pack rack/tank bag

WickedOne
10th November 2007, 06:27
Weather looks AWESOME, it's gonna be a damn good day!!!!!! See you guys shortly...... :scooter::sunny::scooter::sunny::scooter:

Unit
10th November 2007, 06:42
Looking out the window there is not a cloud in the sky right now. Some soft cloud building, but its still and you guys are going to have an awesome day.
Take ya sunscreen :2thumbsup
Not sure if I will be able to join in guys sorry, pennys getting really thin in the wallet and still need to make it home tomorrow.
Mark/Anne give me a txt anyway as you get closer to Whangarei on your way back, but pretty sure will have to give this one a miss darn it :weep:

Mom
10th November 2007, 06:50
Looking out the window there is not a cloud in the sky right now. Some soft cloud building, but its still and you guys are going to have an awesome day.
Take ya sunscreen :2thumbsup
Not sure if I will be able to join in guys sorry, pennys getting really thin in the wallet and still need to make it home tomorrow.
Mark/Anne give me a txt anyway as you get closer to Whangarei on your way back, but pretty sure will have to give this one a miss darn it :weep:

Bum, bum! Perhaps a quick coffee at ours on your way back home instead?

Will be in touch today though, no worries.

And yeah!! the weather is mint here too. Cant wait.

Laava
10th November 2007, 07:07
The met forecast has improved since last night so looks like it will be awesome as it is at the mo! See you all around 11.00 then.

Mom
10th November 2007, 07:35
See you soon!

oldguy
10th November 2007, 07:36
weather is great up here, there is a few roadworks on the main highway, but Mangakahia Rd is excellent.
Will see you lot at the twins, or may ride down to Mangatapere, have a safe ride up.

cheers john

Maha
10th November 2007, 07:46
weather is great up here, there is a few roadworks on the main highway, but Mangakahia Rd is excellent.
Will see you lot at the twins, or may ride down to Mangatapere, have a safe ride up.

cheers john

Yeah saw some road works at Topuni yesterday 30k area but it aint that bad, dont know what its like over the Brynderwyns..see ya there John

trump-lady
10th November 2007, 07:48
I cant reach the back where I need to put the screws to secure the number plate. I just bungyed it last ride so Ima do it again and seek advice from all you master bikers. If apon meeting it looks dangerous Ill come home....... running tad bit late :)

Maha
10th November 2007, 07:50
I cant reach the back where I need to put the screws to secure the number plate. I just bungyed it last ride so Ima do it again and seek advice from all you master bikers. If apon meeting it looks dangerous Ill come home....... running tad bit late :)

I will bring my spanner....:banana:....or a screwdriver

Maha
10th November 2007, 08:01
We have a 'special' guest rider turning up...just got a call from the lone stranger....:cool:

T.I.E
10th November 2007, 09:11
We have a 'special' guest rider turning up...just got a call from the lone stranger....:cool:

ohhhh goody special guest yay. who is it who is it.
and see yall at kaiwaka. ride safe.

Korumba
10th November 2007, 15:31
Fantastic ride Guys and Gurls, here's a photo of the "Maha Few' going past us in Hikurangi 2 min ago.

hospitalfood
10th November 2007, 19:06
maha, wish i had stuck with you.

Maha
10th November 2007, 19:15
The day was awesome...one out of the bag really...11 ended up doing the whole ride...WickedOne/Korumba/Laava/Oldguy/MadDuck/Trump Lady/SPB/Maha/Mom/Yellow Streak/T.I.E/...oh and T.I.E? those roadworker fullas didnt really need the help digging trenches, but good effort anyway mate...:yes:....The roads were in top condition apart from the 'get off ya bike and have a smoke road works before Kaiwaka'....:zzzz:

Maha
10th November 2007, 19:17
maha, wish i had stuck with you.

There were fast guys with us Adam, we had regroups at every turn. Stunning day...Paihia was just mmmmmmm, Haruru stink arse was closed...next time mate...:niceone:

Maha
10th November 2007, 19:23
Lunch at Paihia....that Haruru place was closed...:oi-grr:

Maha
10th November 2007, 19:24
Fantastic ride Guys and Gurls, here's a photo of the "Maha Few' going past us in Hikurangi 2 min ago.

Is that like the 'Filthy Few'...Brendon?....:girlfight:

Maha
10th November 2007, 19:29
Trough time!!!!!.......:wari:

trump-lady
10th November 2007, 19:32
What a wonderful day :) Left home at 9am...got home 8pm.....11 hours of riding in perfect weather with perfect company and amazing scenery

LIFE WAS EXCEPTIONAL TODAY

Thanks all and great to meet so many new people....
so ahhhhhhh whens the next one?

Maha
10th November 2007, 19:37
Archer/Hospitalfood/Harrythebastard and some others went on ahead from Warkworth to do Paparoa/Oakleigh rd....as we ended up doing also to miss the roadworks through Ruakaka...
Mangawhai pub was our last stop....

trump-lady
10th November 2007, 19:42

R u from Hika? I saw u turn off and thought I might follow you. I was born there. Timoko is my mums maiden name (12 brothers and sisters on her side from that area)

Maha
10th November 2007, 19:43
ohhhh goody special guest yay. who is it who is it.

It was Andrew Andrew....he rang at 8.45 this morning...he couldn't figure out how nobody turned up for his ride today....until it was pointed out that his ride was in fact.....TOMORROW!.....:clap:

What a wonderful day :) Left home at 9am...got home 8pm.....11 hours of riding in perfect weather with perfect company and amazing scenery

LIFE WAS EXCEPTIONAL TODAY

Thanks all and great to meet so many new people....
so ahhhhhhh whens the next one?

Totally agree Tania...apart from the soggy road bit on the way home was all good!....aint that Twin Bridges road the bomb?....just watch out for low flying birds, and here i was, thinking it was cows we had to look out for?...:whistle:

Laava
10th November 2007, 21:41
Definately a good day! Nice to meet new people, sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to ya'all but days are short aren't they! I'm up for anothery anytime! Won't bother to post my photo's as they are the same as Maha's. Hope Mangawhai was a good stop for you that made it there. Couldn't decide if my bike of the day was the nuclear red Trump Lady's ride or the very horny Buell of Oldguy!

Laava
10th November 2007, 21:43
Did 300km by the way.

Mom
10th November 2007, 21:52
Couldn't decide if my bike of the day was the nuclear red Trump Lady's ride or the very horny Buell of Oldguy!

As long as you dont tell anyone........I vote Buell!!! Have you seen hospitalfoods red/black one :drool: Mind you the oldguy version looks good too........Maha man will cry when he sees what I have said, sorry lovely man :cool:

Maha
10th November 2007, 22:02
Did 300km by the way.

Awesome LaavaLaava....435km for us....those Auckland dwellers can add on another 80-100 km for their effort....:first:

Laava
10th November 2007, 22:06
As long as you dont tell anyone........I vote Buell!!! Have you seen hospitalfoods red/black one :drool: Mind you the oldguy version looks good too........Maha man will cry when he sees what I have said, sorry lovely man :cool:

No doubt he's blocked your posts now!:lol:

Mom
10th November 2007, 22:29
No doubt he's blocked your posts now!:lol:

You know what they say aLaava.........family that plays together, stays together...LOL......we share :niceone:

Scouse
10th November 2007, 22:41
Ok so how many of youse are coming on the Coro Loop next Saturday?

Laava
11th November 2007, 07:43
Sorry.....no Coro loop for me........ Here are my photo's[I changed my mind!] slightly different, look what choice weather we had!

Laava
11th November 2007, 07:44
And a couple more.......

Unit
11th November 2007, 07:49
Im gutted, I definitely missed a great day out. Oh well, my mums garden is looking a lot better. And again today the weather is premo. Jay and I are going to have a short pootle over Mt Tiger Road out at Whangarei heads then find a pool table where the little buggar can whip me again. Would have come yesterday but Jay is still getting used to distance, although todays ride I planned he said wasnt long enough so had to lengthen it, and finances didnt permit this time.
Looking forward to your next ride Maha, nice size group you had, awesome bikes and looks like you guys didnt go hungry either. :2thumbsup

Maha
11th November 2007, 07:57
Im gutted, I definitely missed a great day out. Oh well, my mums garden is looking a lot better. And again today the weather is premo. Jay and I are going to have a short pootle over Mt Tiger Road out at Whangarei heads then find a pool table where the little buggar can whip me again. Would have come yesterday but Jay is still getting used to distance, although todays ride I planned he said wasnt long enough so had to lengthen it, and finances didnt permit this time.
Looking forward to your next ride Maha, nice size group you had, awesome bikes and looks like you guys didnt go hungry either. :2thumbsup

I was pretty knackered when i got home, we didnt go thru' Whangas till about 4 oclock, thought it was a bit late to contact you Unit. I like the 10-12 bike size group, seems just about right (you know, not to heavy not to light bla bla)....wash the bike day today...cememt splashes make it look unloved....:(

Maha
11th November 2007, 07:59
And a couple more.......

I gotta ask Al....did you have enough tissue's yesterday?....and good on Jo for coming out feeling like that.

Unit
11th November 2007, 08:08
I was pretty knackered when i got home, we didnt go thru' Whangas till about 4 oclock, thought it was a bit late to contact you Unit. I like the 10-12 bike size group, seems just about right (you know, not to heavy not to light bla bla)....wash the bike day today...cememt splashes make it look unloved....:(
Yea sorry Mark forgot to warn you guys about those road works. Had to clean down the 14 yesterday also the boss wont be impressed :spanking: its shit stuff to get off. Yea that is a nice sized group and looks like they were all sensible and mature riders who care about each other on the road, bling to you for your successful event, yet another Kiwibiker win :2thumbsup what its all about

Laava
11th November 2007, 08:53
I gotta ask Al....did you have enough tissue's yesterday?....and good on Jo for coming out feeling like that.
Nope! We ran out of tissues! Snuffalupagus was made to wait till 10.00 before we got home tho, with her neices fireworks extravaganza at Ruakaka and all. Will need to spend some time today scrubbing the rancid dried sneezes off the back of my jacket!:yes:

Mom
11th November 2007, 08:55
Nope! We ran out of tissues! Snuffalupagus was made to wait till 10.00 before we got home tho, with her neices fireworks extravaganza at Ruakaka and all. Will need to spend some time today scrubbing the rancid dried sneezes off the back of my jacket!:yes:

You should have gone with the spare ear plugs afterall :pinch:

Sorry Jo, you really did well feeling like that yesterday!

Krusti
11th November 2007, 09:11
That Twin bridges rd certainly is a good ride, I came down through there from Okaihau on Friday arvo.

Korumba
11th November 2007, 15:03
Is that like the 'Filthy Few'...Brendon?....:girlfight:

Thats where I was coming from...or Maybe the "Maha Mob"???

Korumba
11th November 2007, 15:15
R u from Hika? I saw u turn off and thought I might follow you. I was born there. Timoko is my mums maiden name (12 brothers and sisters on her side from that area)

Just Live in Hika, Im a Southern Boy.. Know Pam Timoko she taught my kids at school her hubby must be you Uncle he has a Aped Harly , He helps run the toy run up here at the Kamo Xmas parade , Will get the date maybe we can get a few up for it this year. I have done it last two years.

trump-lady
11th November 2007, 17:27
Just Live in Hika, Im a Southern Boy.. Know Pam Timoko she taught my kids at school her hubby must be you Uncle he has a Aped Harly , He helps run the toy run up here at the Kamo Xmas parade , Will get the date maybe we can get a few up for it this year. I have done it last two years.

Yup Pete is my uncle....we look funny his ape bars and my pink bike :)

oldguy
11th November 2007, 20:39
Well what can I say, Ive just got home, Mark another excellent ride mate, I really enjoyed that, but then I enjoyed all your rides, and what great company, you couldn't ask for better group of people to ride with, think there was only two Kbers I hadn't met before, out of the group that turned up at the twin bridges.:2thumbsup
Nice to meet you Laava, mate the Vstorm would rock on some of the roads I came back home on today. had me thinking about getting an adventure type bike.
I would like to say sorry to trump-lady for not introducing my self, that pink trumpy rocks :niceone:
Mom :2thumbsup:niceone: that was excellent riding, I thought the ride may have been a bit long for you, but you handle it no problem, well done.

Mark, I only take pictures, I don't like being in them, as you can see, that is one scary pic, need a warning sign Don't approach while feeding,

Maha
11th November 2007, 21:05
Well what can I say, Ive just got home, Mark another excellent ride mate, I really enjoyed that, but then I enjoyed all your rides, and what great company, you couldn't ask for better group of people to ride with, think there was only two Kbers I hadn't met before, out of the group that turned up at the twin bridges.:2thumbsup
Nice to meet you Laava, mate the Vstorm would rock on some of the roads I came back home on today. had me thinking about getting an adventure type bike.
I would like to say sorry to trump-lady for not introducing my self, that pink trumpy rocks :niceone:
Mom :2thumbsup:niceone: that was excellent riding, I thought the ride may have been a bit long for you, but you handle it no problem, well done.

Mark, I only take pictures, I don't like being in them, as you can see, that is one scary pic, need a warning sign Don't approach while feeding,

All good john....we enjoy having around when we are riding mate, and what i admire most is that the quicker boys can go play and dont bitch and moan when the rest turn up in thier own good time. The chain on my bike needs replacing, noticed it today when cleaning that i can move up and down about 6 inches, when relaxed it almost sits on the center stand, how it got me home is beyond me but will deal to that this week....

Mom
11th November 2007, 21:29

Mark, I only take pictures, I don't like being in them....

Thanks John, its been a while since I have been out and about, I really enjoyed myself yesterday. Took it easy, getting used to the bike. Been asking for a bit of advice here today about a couple of things that I found out. Enjoy your company immensely!

Blame Korumba for those pics! I am useless with a camera, he set it up for me :whistle: Best you get yours sorted asap. Your pics are the best!

Mom
11th November 2007, 21:31
That Twin bridges rd certainly is a good ride, I came down through there from Okaihau on Friday arvo.

Next time you are up this way, shoot us a PM! We are a good coffee stop or something a bit cooler :shifty:

trump-lady
11th November 2007, 21:45

No need to say sorry......
I felt like I knew and had been riding for years with everyone on that ride. That day didnt need any introductions we rode like we were all one :)
It was amazing to watch us all like a snake along the roads.....me being at the back saw just how in tune we were. No hard braking, smooth, consistant space that weaved in tune....we all looked like one.

So we didnt need introductions at all :)

MadDuck
12th November 2007, 07:20
Just to add like the others...great day thanks Maha and Mom. Nice pace and bloody good weather.

Next time though - lunch before 2.30pm would be good and MORE roadworks would be even better :devil2:

Maha
12th November 2007, 15:21
Just to add like the others...great day thanks Maha and Mom. Nice pace and bloody good weather.

Next time though - lunch before 2.30pm would be good and MORE roadworks would be even better :devil2:

Yeah i would have been happy with a Subway at Kaikohe, but i had this dream of the Haruru pub.....fucker was closed!....ah well, burger at Paihia hit the spot....and you did get a free drink....:yes:

WickedOne
12th November 2007, 17:36
Where to start......

Once again Mark and Anne, you guys pulled it out of the bag!!! Bloody awesome weather, great company and some very good riding. It's always a pleasure to ride with you guys and meeting some new, like minded, people was excellent. Had an absolute blast, about 510km all up for me.

Bring on the next one, and please make sure you place the same order for the weather, was a trully great day!!!!!

T.I.E
12th November 2007, 17:41
Yeah i would have been happy with a Subway at Kaikohe, but i had this dream of the Haruru pub.....fucker was closed!....ah well, burger at Paihia hit the spot....and you did get a free drink....:yes:

free drink??????

thanks heaps, do excuse the late post just got to a pc now.
the ride was great had alot of fun, pace set by all was excellent.
cruised through twin bridges, its amazing what ya see when ya take it easy.
view was very nice, and im glad i was following as so many turns i certainly would have lost my way after kaikohe. bloody good leading by all. except that lovely round about near paihia. :chase::(
but my digging on the road works didnt stick out too much did it?
:blink:

Maha
12th November 2007, 17:43
Where to start......

Once again Mark and Anne, you guys pulled it out of the bag!!! Bloody awesome weather, great company and some very good riding. It's always a pleasure to ride with you guys and meeting some new, like minded, people was excellent. Had an absolute blast, about 510km all up for me.

Bring on the next one, and please make sure you place the same order for the weather, was a trully great day!!!!!

Was awesome riding with ya 'D'....i think you and i stuck together most of the time....sorry about that stone in the mid region thing, hope the chest handled it ok. Looks like im up a new chain/sprockets....it was stretched so bad when i looked at on Sunday...its in the bike shop now....all the new bits on it, i could sell it as an 06'.....:banana:

ArcherWC
12th November 2007, 19:54
Looks like you guys had a typicaly great day on the road

Even though I wish I could have stuck with you guys for the whole day (had to be back in Aucks by 3), It was good to bump inta ya's

Was a good cruzy paced ride for us, up through Paparoa to Whangarai for lunch, then back down through Waipu cove, finished off with a beer at the Pohoi.

Hopefully I will have a bit more time next time

Unit
13th November 2007, 19:10
Next time you are up this way, shoot us a PM! We are a good coffee stop or something a bit cooler :shifty:
I can vouch for that. Thanks for the beer on my way home Sunday, always good to stop in a catch up with you guys. Looking forward to the next ride. Im back up north 30th Nov, then again 15th Dec and 20th Dec so lots of chances. The weather has been awesome since last Thursday, and you guys definitely had a great day in that respect. :niceone: