PDA

View Full Version : It's all over!!!!!

Ms Piggy
31st October 2007, 18:52
Today I finished university and my social work degree! I don't have my results yet but I'm fairly confident I've passed.

Those of you who know me, know it's been a looooooong journey. I began my degree in 2003, did my 2nd and 3rd year in the following years and then took a break in 2005 and went back finished my degree this year.

Thanks so much to those of you who have helped and supported me through this time! Let the celebrations begin!!!!

Supermoto Junkie
31st October 2007, 18:57
good on ya mate.......huge effort

Supermoto Junkie
31st October 2007, 18:58
good on ya mate.......huge effort:niceone::niceone:

dino3310
31st October 2007, 18:59
:woohoo:congratulations mate:niceone:

Paul in NZ
31st October 2007, 19:01
Good onya Cathy... Well done mate

Big Dan
31st October 2007, 19:06
Today I finished university and my social work degree! I don't have my results yet but I'm fairly confident I've passed.

Those of you who know me, know it's been a looooooong journey. I began my degree in 2003, did my 2nd and 3rd year in the following years and then took a break in 2005 and went back finished my degree this year.

Thanks so much to those of you who have helped and supported me through this time! Let the celebrations begin!!!!

Congrats and good luck in your future endevouers

Trudes
31st October 2007, 19:17
Yahhhhhhhh you!!!!! Good on you gurl!!:rockon:
Can I come and do my work placements with you??

trump-lady
31st October 2007, 19:19

not sure if your interested but where I work right now is offering 40k to 47 k for qualified social workers.....free car and gas card....mon ta fri 37.5 hour week start from 7.30-9 do ya 7.5 hours and roll out..........

The Pastor
31st October 2007, 19:23
Nice one! congratulations of ditchn the uni.!

Can't wait till i say goodbye to the uni.

Trudes
31st October 2007, 19:24
not sure if your interested but where I work right now is offering 40k to 47 k for qualified social workers.....free car and gas card....mon ta fri 37.5 hour week start from 7.30-9 do ya 7.5 hours and roll out..........

Holy crap, can I get a job there in oh 3 years when I finally finish my hell???

trump-lady
31st October 2007, 19:31
Holy crap, can I get a job there in oh 3 years when I finally finish my hell???

its pretty cushy....car allowed for personal use and work cell phone up 2 100 dollars a month so I use that as personal too......16 case load

WEEKENDS OFF TO RIDE ;)

Youll be done before u know it.......im about to start mine 2 next year so we can bitch about it together.....

hmmmm actually and Im getting 30,000 to finish degree and time off work to study (2 days a week) I have psyc but not social so they are offering NGO award.

U should aproach them they may hire and pay for ur schoollng if you have already started

Let me know Ill pm details

Trudes
31st October 2007, 19:33
its pretty cushy....car allowed for personal use and work cell phone up 2 100 dollars a month so I use that as personal too......16 case load

WEEKENDS OFF TO RIDE ;)

Youll be done before u know it.......im about to start mine 2 next year so we can bitch about it together.....

hmmmm actually and Im getting 30,000 to finish degree and time off work to study (2 days a week) I have psyc but not social so they are offering NGO award.

U should aproach them they may hire and pay for ur schoollng if you have already started

Let me know Ill pm details

How COOL!!!
Do they want anyone in Wellington? Or would I have to move to Auckland?

007XX
31st October 2007, 19:39
Awesome news!!!! Huge respect to you for your long journey...:banana::2thumbsup:

Wish you all the best for your next career move! :sunny:

trump-lady
31st October 2007, 19:41
How COOL!!!
Do they want anyone in Wellington? Or would I have to move to Auckland?

Crap thats right....didnt think bout where u live....presume everyone lives where I do.... trump-lady...self centered

Sorry Mrs Kendog :(

Theres more than likely a Family Start (name of programme) down there but pay and cars etc depend on the organisation that landed the contract. You could check it out though.....see if theres one down by you. With this programme you would be entittled to the study award (social work students only working in the field) and the NGO award which is for students like yourself who have already begun to study.

Pay not be as good but free school and time off and a lower wage would still be cool......plus experience

Trudes
31st October 2007, 19:44
Crap thats right....didnt think bout where u live....presume everyone lives where I do.... trump-lady...self centered

Sorry Mrs Kendog :(

Theres more than likely a Family Start (name of programme) down there but pay and cars etc depend on the organisation that landed the contract. You could check it out though.....see if theres one down by you. With this programme you would be entittled to the study award (social work students only working in the field) and the NGO award which is for students like yourself who have already begun to study.

Pay not be as good but free school and time off and a lower wage would still be cool......plus experience

Awesome, thanks!! Will look into it.
Anyway..... back to you Cathy, "Celebrate good times, oh yeah":woohoo:

RantyDave
31st October 2007, 19:45
Today I finished university and my social work degree!
Yay, well done. F*cking HUGE amount of work!

Dave

Storm
31st October 2007, 19:48
Well done lass. Heres to having more time to ride eh? Be sure to celebrate long and loud :D

Phil W
31st October 2007, 20:14
Congrats and welcome to the high paying, publicly supported, media adored, world of social work. Next step competency then registration. Well done and good luck.
:banana:

fireliv
31st October 2007, 20:17
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

THere is nothing like completing something like that!!!!! When I completed my degree it was just awesome. Make sure you go to graduation its worth it!

I am just thinking about starting a social work degree (Have a psyc and crim one currently) so watch this space!

Sollyboy
31st October 2007, 20:36

Yaaa just what we need another social worker

James Deuce
31st October 2007, 20:38
Oh shutup sollyboy.

Well done Cathy, I'm POSITIVE you've passed.

Now get a job you bum!

Lissa
31st October 2007, 20:52
Well done! Enjoy the fact you passed, time to celebrate! :2thumbsup

merv
31st October 2007, 21:29
Good on ya for finishing the degree. Does that mean more time to relax and ride Black Betty or more time to work and earn more money to buy nice new bike?

Ms Piggy
1st November 2007, 06:58
Congrats and welcome to the high paying, publicly supported, media adored, world of social work.
Yeah right.... ;)

Next step competency then registration. Well done and good luck. :banana: Yup indeed! Gotta get me a job 1st.

Ms Piggy
1st November 2007, 06:59
Yaaa just what we need another social worker Yes, I think so.

Str8 Jacket
1st November 2007, 07:12
Awesome chick! You've worked sooo hard and your not just gonna be änother" Social Worker you're gona be great! :2thumbsup

Ms Piggy
1st November 2007, 07:29

Cheers! But, between you & Mrs Kendog you answered all the questions I was gonna ask ya. I'm in Wgtn, so that would be a no go.

jrandom
1st November 2007, 07:35
Congratulations, Cathy!

:grouphug:

It has been a long haul, hasn't it?

You rock!

Her_C4
1st November 2007, 07:36
Yes, I think so.

Yes so do I - well done Cathy!!! :rockon: That is fantastic news.... I TOLD you that light at the end of the tunnel wasn't a train!!! :gob:

:sunny: :first:

vifferman
1st November 2007, 08:01
Well done!! :niceone:

jazbug5
1st November 2007, 10:02
Yay!!!!! Well done- we all know just how hard you've worked, and how many sacrifices you've made to get through this. You're going to be fantastic at it ('it' being whichever of the many jobs you will have people battering down your door to give you)... ;)

Your G&T's in the post...

XXX

Lteejay
1st November 2007, 11:16
Congrats chick - nothing like the feeling of finishing something. Now for the rest of my degree :blink: ..............