PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecutter petition

Sanx
1st November 2007, 16:50
Ladies and gentlemen,

We have made a petition sheet that can be printed out and used to collect signatures. You can find it here (http://www.cheesecutter.co.nz/CheesecutterPetition.pdf). Please do not change the wording or use blank sheets to collect additional signatures; the format of the sheet has been tailored to meet the official Parliament requirements.

Please print out copies and collect as many signatures as you can. Along with media interest, this is our best weapon as it goes straight to Parliament. Give copies to your local bike dealers and place them in biker-run or biker-friendly establishments.

When the sheets are full, please post them to:

Attention: Cheese Cutter Petition
PO Box 105 005
Auckland City Post Shop
Auckland City
New Zealand, 1143.

Thanks,

Dan.

Hitcher
1st November 2007, 18:03
When getting people to complete a petition you need to ensure that they don't sign more than once, and put their real name and address legibly on the sheet together with their signature. Petitions are all checked rigorously by the Office of the Clerk of the House, and will be invalidated if there are duplicates and discrepancies with signatures.

RiderInBlack
7th November 2007, 12:13
Have gone around the bike shops here (Whangarei) with copies of the petition. Planet Honda and Maunders Suzuki have been good, and are at least aware of the Campaign and it's issues (well done Dudes and Dudettes).
One road bike shop up here was totally unaware of the issue and didn't even know of Dan's death in part due to the Wire Rope Barriers (Cheesecutters), even though Blue Babe had dropped off a flier for the Protest Ride last week. This saddens me that a shop selling road bikes could take so little interest in the safely issues that effect their customers.

Fub@r
7th November 2007, 12:17
Ok I have filled 10 sheets so far using 2 lunchbreaks to wander around local businesses. Only had 5 people I've approached say no for various reasons.

A few of the larger businesses have asked for copies to leave in their lunchrooms so I will drop those off tomorrow where possible.

Also wasn't going to mention this but I will. Its "nice" to see a fellow KB member doing his best to sabotage a thread I started on another website to promote the campaign with comments like these:

"what say some kid is riding on a bike too big for him, he does a wheelie, falls over and lands on a wire rope median there are double yellow lines, no police officers and the loony toons are doing star jumps in your glove box., do you pass on the left?"

"it was the wheelie that caused the accident...."

ManDownUnder
7th November 2007, 12:33
Colemans and Red Baron will receive copies today