PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecutter website launch

Sanx
2nd November 2007, 09:52
Ladies and Gentlemen

The 'official' cheesecutter website is now up and running at www.cheesecutter.co.nz (http://www.cheesecutter.co.nz)

You can sign an online version of the petition, download the printable petition form, find out details of the protest rides, find out who to contact to make your concerns known and get in touch with the ride organisers. There'll also be details about the barriers going up as soon as the information has been collated and sorted.

If you're going to sign the paper version of the petition, please don't sign the online version, and vice versa. The Parliament Clerk responsible will check for sugnature duplicates and we want to avoid any chance of the petition being voided on a technicality.

If anyone has any content-related suggestions for the site, or if you see any errors that'd make Hitcher mad, please let me know via PM.

Regards,

D.

UberRhys
2nd November 2007, 10:38
Ladies and Gentlemen

The 'official' cheesecutter website is now up and running at www.cheesecutter.co.nz (http://www.cheesecutter.co.nz)

You can sign an online version of the petition

Done and done. :niceone: See you Saturday at Ramarama.

Hitcher
2nd November 2007, 11:24
Apart from my usual reservations about who "us" is and what "getting involved" means or entails, what Bronz or "Kiwi Biker" (one is a legal entity, the other isn't) are indeed supporting, that Cheesecutter web site looks just fine. Good effort all round.

Fub@r
2nd November 2007, 11:54
One of the research report links doesn't work. Might pay to replace with another one or check the link address

Also PM sent Sanx

car
2nd November 2007, 12:26
Apart from my usual reservations about who "us" is and what "getting involved" means or entails, what Bronz or "Kiwi Biker" (one is a legal entity, the other isn't) are indeed supporting

Or what constitutes "use" of WRBs. It might be splitting hairs, but the initial aim was to prevent any further installations and modify existing barriers. To some, a moratorium on "use" might constitute "removal".

Sanx
2nd November 2007, 12:34
I see you fail to mention the speeds at which he was going when he hit the cheesecutter?

That's been subject to speculation, I believe. The Police stated what they 'thought' without having waited for the accident investigation team to complete their findings.

One of the research report links doesn't work. Might pay to replace with another one or check the link address

Thanks for the heads up. Now fixed.

Or what constitutes "use" of WRBs. It might be splitting hairs, but the initial aim was to prevent any further installations and modify existing barriers. To some, a moratorium on "use" might constitute "removal".

The petition is calling for a moratorium on the use of such barriers (bit to late now but maybe 'installation' would have been a better term until the completion of a review investigating WRB safety, particularly to motorcyclists. We're not calling for them all to be dug out of the ground (as good as that would be) but for an investigation to be done intohow dangerous they are and various ways in which the current situation can be rectified - and one option may well be to dig them all up.

Hitcher
2nd November 2007, 12:45
We're not calling...

As I said, it's not clear who "we" or "us" is. Bronz is a legal entity with paid-up members, a charter, elected officers and mechanisms for determining if its members support (or not) issues that may or may not be relevant to motorcyclists. I have difficulty understanding "who" the Cheesecutter campaign is and what mandate it carries, other than the support of a bunch of likeminded individuals who want to ride in protest.

These comments should not be taken as lack of support for the "campaign" or its objective to get unsafe road barriers removed or remedied.

DMNTD
2nd November 2007, 12:48
Signed and link forwarded to all in my address book asking for them to forward to all in their address books.

Sanx
2nd November 2007, 15:15
As I said, it's not clear who "we" or "us" is. Bronz is a legal entity with paid-up members, a charter, elected officers and mechanisms for determining if its members support (or not) issues that may or may not be relevant to motorcyclists. I have difficulty understanding "who" the Cheesecutter campaign is and what mandate it carries, other than the support of a bunch of likeminded individuals who want to ride in protest.

These comments should not be taken as lack of support for the "campaign" or its objective to get unsafe road barriers removed or remedied.

"We, the undersigned, ..."

Therefore 'we' is the people who sign the petition.

"D" FZ1
2nd November 2007, 15:17
I have signed the Petition. The bloody things should be banned :no:

That's been subject to speculation, I believe. The Police stated what they 'thought' without having waited for the accident investigation team to complete their findings.

So have you.

TRAINING WHEELS
2nd November 2007, 20:12
Read, signed and sent link around in my network ...

Sanx
3rd November 2007, 22:57
300 signatures on the online petition as of midnight tonight (this morning?).

shafty
4th November 2007, 00:13
Signed and forwarded

WarlockNZ
4th November 2007, 00:21
well done that man .... bling awarded!!

Fat Tony
4th November 2007, 04:48
I was just going to post a link to the cheescutter petition on www.gixerjunkies.net but before I did just wanted to check whether you thought signatories from outside NZ would weaken the strength of the number of names collected?

Krayy
4th November 2007, 06:57
I would say that anyone who administers a web site could link to it to get the google rating up.

Ralph
4th November 2007, 07:16
Signed and forwarded, good idea setting that up and not just for those that
could not attend the ride.

fireliv
4th November 2007, 07:43
Signed. Hope we cna make a difference.

Pity about the 1 fucker who had to go and enter a stupid name. Peoples lives are at stake and whoever it was is make a joke of it. What a idiot :mad:

TerminalAddict
4th November 2007, 09:48
err .. i signed it yesterday .. but now my name isn't on the list?

You sure the ASP guy (sanx I'm guessing) isn't taking drugs or summit?

Colapop
4th November 2007, 09:55
Please rectify the departure time error. The departure time should be 11am from both locations.

Sanx
4th November 2007, 10:35
Ride was a great success yesterday. I even got to play traffic cop and block oncoming cars for a few minutes to allow for a free right-turn. Woo. Go me!

Anyway ... a few changes made to the site, including a report of yesterday's ride (http://www.cheesecutter.co.nz/ride.asp), links to One News' report, changes to the Get Involved section to reflect the recent Cabinet reshuffle and a few other tidy up jobs. As of the time of posting, 364 people have signed the online petition. If you cannot get to where a physical petition is being distributed, please sign the online version.

Colapop - the Wellington ride departure times have been updated. Just a thought though, if the media's present, it might be an idea to have a minute's silence before leaving. The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month is traditionally the time on Armistice Day at which a minute's silence is observed to remember those who died during WW1.

Terminal Addict - can you PM me your real name to make sure things aren't getting lost somewhere... if when you signed, you got a pop-up message saying your signature was recorded, it should have registered into the database there and then.

Thanks,

D.

Edit: Oh, and the View Petition page has now been changed to show ALL signatures, not every other one. Names and details haven't been lost - they just weren't being displayed. My bad.

Colapop
4th November 2007, 10:54
Colapop - the Wellington ride departure times have been updated. Just a thought though, if the media's present, it might be an idea to have a minute's silence before leaving. The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month is traditionally the time on Armistice Day at which a minute's silence is observed to remember those who died during WW1.
True. I should have realised. Lest we forget.

TerminalAddict
4th November 2007, 11:31
Terminal Addict - can you PM me your real name to make sure things aren't getting lost somewhere... if when you signed, you got a pop-up message saying your signature was recorded, it should have registered into the database there and then.

Thanks,

D.

Edit: Oh, and the View Petition page has now been changed to show ALL signatures, not every other one. Names and details haven't been lost - they just weren't being displayed. My bad.

ahh maybe its me on drugs :)
My name is there now .. top work dude :banana:

Sanx
5th November 2007, 19:51
1063 signatures online as of the time of posting. Not a bad effort people. Keep on spreading the word.

Skyryder
6th November 2007, 17:44
Just put my monicker to the petition.

Skyryder

El Dopa
6th November 2007, 17:50
I was just going to post a link to the cheescutter petition on www.gixerjunkies.net but before I did just wanted to check whether you thought signatories from outside NZ would weaken the strength of the number of names collected?

I suspect only siggies from NZ residents/citizens count.

Fat Tony
6th November 2007, 21:16
I suspect only siggies from NZ residents/citizens count.

Yeah, I suspected that might be the case. I signed it anyway with a .com email address so fingers crossed it'll slip through the net :msn-wink:

Sanx
7th November 2007, 15:01
1685 signatures online, so far.

Sanx
8th November 2007, 13:38
Hi All,

If anyone has anything they want to have posted on the CC website, please let me know. If it's buried in a topic somewhere , I may miss it. Things that would be useful include:

Details of any rides or gatherings
Details of any press photo ops
Links to research reports
Horrific images (preferably blood-free, though) of chesecutter damage. The one Death posted is a good example
Letters from MPS supporting the cause
and so on...

We're getting really good traffic to the site and 1891 people have signed the petition so far. 1892 if you count the comedy prize-winner who gave his/her name as 'kissmy smellyarse'.

MSTRS
8th November 2007, 14:25
These links from another thread

http://www.nmcu.org/av/rider_no_protection_right_view.mpg
http://www.nmcu.org/av/rider_with_protection_right_view.mpg

Sanx
8th November 2007, 14:55
Already added those ;)

But thank you - that's the sort of info we need.

Fub@r
8th November 2007, 14:59
Sanx have you thought about contacting other countries groups who are persusing this issue?

Like the one in the UK etc and pool our knowledge?

sinned
8th November 2007, 15:08

Colapop - The Armistice occasion should be well managed otherwise goodwill could be lost in bad PR. There will be many who are unaware so I suggest some information would help. Here is a link to basic info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice_Day

crashe
8th November 2007, 15:10
sanx - pm sent to you re the website.

Colapop
8th November 2007, 17:27
Armistice day will be remembered with an appropriate 1 minute's silence at both ride start locations.

DEATH_INC.
10th November 2007, 21:08
Sanx have you thought about contacting other countries groups who are persusing this issue?

Like the one in the UK etc and pool our knowledge?
I emailed the Aussies, but have never heard back from them......

MSTRS
19th November 2007, 13:21
There is so much info scattered through the cheesecutter forum that I can't find info on when to post the filled petition pages to the PO Box at the bottom of the pages. Anyone ?

Holy Roller
22nd November 2007, 08:44
Looking at the Cheese Cutter website I find that there is NO info regarding the Taupo Protest Ride.