PDA

View Full Version : BBC deny Fogarty ‘Fixed’ claim

Bob
21st October 2004, 23:49
Claims by Carl Fogarty that the annual Sports Personality of the Year competition was ‘fixed’ have been denied by the BBC.

Fogarty claims a "BBC source" told him he had polled more votes than Sports Personality of the Year winner Lennox Lewis in 1999. But he reckons he did not win because boxing and not motorcycling was on the BBC at the time.

The BBC said: "There is absolutely no truth in this story. The award is decided by a public vote and Carl Fogarty was not placed in the top three."

Motu
22nd October 2004, 06:30
That's not fair - Carl had told all his mates to vote for him,even voted for himself in as many ailiases as he could think up (one or two) maybe they didn't really vote for him,pricks!

merv
22nd October 2004, 11:40
Did you vote for him Bob?

750Y
22nd October 2004, 12:25
what a puller...

vifferman
22nd October 2004, 12:44
Claims by Carl Fogarty that the annual Sports Personality of the Year competition was ‘fixed’ have been denied by the BBC. :baby: :disapint: :( :weep: :crybaby:

Cajun
22nd October 2004, 12:53
:baby: :disapint: :( :weep: :crybaby:

and its taken him this long to speak out, just trying to gethimself in the news cause he got a shit bike dc:<

Bob
23rd October 2004, 00:18
"merv: Did you vote for him Bob?"

Come to think of it, I did - after all, he WAS a world champion. And we do not have many of those. Back around then I also recall writing in to say Phase One should be team of the year as they won the World Endurance Championship... but I think it went to the FA Cup footy winners or something.

"cajun: and its taken him this long to speak out, just trying to get himself in the news cause he got a shit bike"

Actually, I think it is more to do with getting in the news to help publicise the new book he has out (he was doing a signing very near to work this week... no I did not go along and really don't want a copy, after reading his truly dire autobiography).

Marknz
23rd October 2004, 06:13
and its taken him this long to speak out, just trying to gethimself in the news cause he got a shit bike dc:<

and no riders for that shite bike!

White trash
23rd October 2004, 14:33
The day "No Fear" chose his eyes for an image, was the day I stopped buying No Fear.