http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfojJRPe2qs

Zuki Bandit
3rd November 2007, 11:27
What a great vid! I found myself tilting my head at each corner.:niceone:

Her_C4
3rd November 2007, 11:49
What a great vid! I found myself tilting my head at each corner.:niceone:

ha ha ha - me too!!:laugh:

Great video Jim... so do you just go up and down the hill for fun?? Excellent stuff... :eek:

Ocean1
3rd November 2007, 12:10
Noice.

Used to do most of that every morning.:scooter:

While ago though, and a bit different on an XL175. :rolleyes:

quallman1234
3rd November 2007, 13:32
I taught my self to ride around that area.

Great little hills them :).

2fst4u
3rd November 2007, 14:05
great video, but how come it looked like you were turning into the corners as opposed to counter steering?

Deviant Esq
3rd November 2007, 14:33
If you value your nice twisty commute... don't move to Christchurch / Canterbury: The land of the squared off commuter's tyre. Having said that the weekend rides make up for it, less traffic and less of those funny white cars with disco lights on the top, too... :whistle:

nudemetalz
3rd November 2007, 15:30
Good stuff Jim. :yes:

Makes me wonder if the big Z will ever be used again..... ;)

James Deuce
3rd November 2007, 16:09
great video, but how come it looked like you were turning into the corners as opposed to counter steering?

Probably because I was. The Katana has an 18" front wheel and compared to a sprotsbike, a lot more trail. Its lazy geometry means that the speed where it changes from turn left to go left to push left to go left is a lot higher than something with less rake and trail. I was travelling between 40 and 50 km/hr for the duration of the vid too.

You notice the same effect on something like a V-Rod where it feels like the front wheel is flopping about at 50 km/hr.

Fatjim
3rd November 2007, 16:11
Well that bit made no sense to me. I better go and visit some knitting sites.....

James Deuce
3rd November 2007, 16:11
Good stuff Jim. :yes:

Makes me wonder if the big Z will ever be used again..... ;)

The Zed's being used alright. Just not every day, especially days where it looks like it might rain.

riffer
4th November 2007, 12:56
Hey nice stuff Jim.

Just goes to show you don't have to exceed 50 km/hr to have a good time AND wipe out the chicken strips.

That bike is looking nice. You know, when I was coming back to bikes (and bought the FZR) it was a toss-up between that bike and a GSX400S just like you're riding there.

I'd like to think the bike I test rode was the one in that video. You never know...

James Deuce
4th November 2007, 13:15
I'd like to think the bike I test rode was the one in that video. You never know...

Was it at Motorcycle City and had 7000kms on the clock? Because if it did, it is.

xwhatsit
4th November 2007, 13:20
Mmm great video. Very jealous. I've got a very short (1-2km or so) stretch of corners that I go through on my commute; requires a slight detour but it's worth it so the bike doesn't feel sad and neglected. It's 50kph all the way too; I like to see if I can hold it at 50kph the whole way (a couple of 25kph-marked corners). Not as good as what you've got there, though.

Either that's a very smooth road or you've done a very good job of rebuilding your suspenders.

2fst4u
4th November 2007, 14:09
Probably because I was. The Katana has an 18" front wheel and compared to a sprotsbike, a lot more trail. Its lazy geometry means that the speed where it changes from turn left to go left to push left to go left is a lot higher than something with less rake and trail. I was travelling between 40 and 50 km/hr for the duration of the vid too.

You notice the same effect on something like a V-Rod where it feels like the front wheel is flopping about at 50 km/hr.

oh, right. thanks for clearing that up :2thumbsup

riffer
4th November 2007, 14:15
Was it at Motorcycle City and had 7000kms on the clock? Because if it did, it is.

Well bugger me. Gidday again to the little Katana that could.

It is the same bike!

James Deuce
4th November 2007, 15:16
It's lucky to still be alive. It's single NZ owner did everything he could to kill it.

nudemetalz
4th November 2007, 15:24
It's lucky to still be alive. It's single NZ owner did everything he could to kill it.

But what a beautiful machine it turned out to be in the end :)

Hitcher
4th November 2007, 19:25
I have a feeling I should know where that stretch of road is...

quallman1234
4th November 2007, 19:27
I have a feeling I should know where that stretch of road is...

Korokoro great little roads them.

I once took RWH and some girl on a bandit - Belmont, Sweet Acres road, Down towards belmont trig track then all the way over to korokoro. When it was completely pouring down!

All at about 10kmh the whole way man that was funny. :apint:

Smoggy
4th November 2007, 19:31
Nice video Jim. Where were the start and finish points? Was trying to pick out a landmark

Hitcher
4th November 2007, 19:41
It needed a soundtrack...

She stood there bright as the sun on that Wainuiomata coast
He was an Upper Hutt boy on his own
She looked at him with those soft eyes,
So innocent and blue
He knew right then he was too far from home he was too far from home

She took his hand and she led him along that rocky beach
They watched the waves tumble over the sand
They rode for miles and miles
Up those twisting turning roads
Higher and higher and higher they climbed

And those Lower Hutt nights
In those Lower Hutt hills
She was looking so right
In her nose-stud and frills
All those big city nights
In those high rolling hills
Above all the lights
She had all of the skills...

James Deuce
4th November 2007, 19:41
Started about where Oakleigh St turns into Maungaraki Rd and finished halfway down London Rd.

I put up a longer one with music and no "Jeebus" credits on the local "Concerned Citizens" Website.

http://flyingpickle.co.nz/2007/11/03/november-7-nearly-here