PDA

View Full Version : '05 HORNET 900, Just plain fun

Drew
6th November 2007, 19:11
Well, skelstar and I did a wee deal, to get ourselves on something we can both have some more fun on. He got the '99 RSV1000 from me, and I got the mighty Hornet from him.

So I've had it out a couple of times now, once over the Paikakariki hill road, and tonight over the Rimutakas. And what an absolute ball I had both times!

Unfortunately the front tyre is real triangular, and the rear is squared off and has a slow leak, so I haven't given it much of a push, but it's great fun even with the front end tucking, and the rear wollowing cos it's soft as. The upside to a soft rear tyre is how much traction is on hand when it's almost upright, so you can wheelie out of every corner:cool::2thumbsup

Speaking of wheelies...YAHOOOOOOOOOOO does it hoist mint! Back to third gear at 100k's, stand up, give a bounce on the pegs and twist the go thingy, and it's away on the rear wheel as far as ya like. Real smooth power delivery right through the rev range, so wicked control for these kinda games.

Thanks heaps to Sean for...well...wanting the Aprilia really, and thanks to my gorgeous girl for making it all possible:love:

Look forward to gettin it out more, will be haunting the Rapps this Saturday, so keep your eyes peeled for a black Hornet with a real poser onboard.

Str8 Jacket
6th November 2007, 19:15
Nice one man. I actually quite like those ol Hornets. Was even thinking of maybe like getting one myself, that is if I wasnt going to try and race next year..... Its a fucken mint bike as well!

WickedOne
6th November 2007, 19:16
Nice one mate and welcome to the Hornet Nest, many happy kilometers!!!

Coyote
6th November 2007, 19:21
Honda have a competition going for test rides on new bikes. I was planning to test ride a Hornet tomorrow

merv
6th November 2007, 19:22
Go the mighty Honda!!!:done: :eek:

Drew
6th November 2007, 19:23
Honda have a competition going for test rides on new bikes. I was planning to test ride a Hornet tomorrow

Mines got aftermarket bars on it, Sean reckons the standard ones were horrible to ride with.

Other mods are de-baffled pipes, and a set of Buell headlights to give it the double hard look.:Punk:

WickedOne
6th November 2007, 19:23

Two words: Do it.

Drew
6th November 2007, 19:24
Go the mighty Honda!!!:done: :eek:

Someone had to mention that...
For sale, another fuggin Honda.

Trudes
6th November 2007, 19:29
Look forward to gettin it out more, will be haunting the Rapps this Saturday, so keep your eyes peeled for a black Hornet with a real poser onboard.

As opposed to the black Hornet with the Nanna onboard!!:baby:

Well done to both of you!! :niceone:
Good to hear also that my baby will do good wheelies once Flame shows me how:cool:

Coyote
6th November 2007, 19:31
Two words: Do it.
Will do

$3000 insurance excess (since I'm young) is a bit worrying though. Oh well, didn't stop me test riding a ZX10R :p

Mines got aftermarket bars on it, Sean reckons the standard ones were horrible to ride with.

Other mods are de-baffled pipes, and a set of Buell headlights to give it the double hard look.:Punk:
If I was to get one it wouldn't be stock for long

merv
6th November 2007, 19:32
Someone had to mention that...
For sale, another fuggin Honda.

Nah mate now you really are going to look much better than your poser brothers now you're riding the right sort of bike.

Str8 Jacket
If I was to get one it wouldn't be stock for long

IM not so sure that crash damage counts as modifications though dude!

skelstar
Mint... I'm so glad you like it Drew cause your'e not getting the RSV back ...

I'm going to quote myself from my RSV review:

...had the pleasure of seeing my old bike being ridden by its new master tonight. Have to say its a weird sensation watching it being ridden better than you, by a more capable rider... kinda like seeing your best mate with you ex g/f and she has an enormous smile on her face and is having trouble walking straight

ps - you're awesome Vick my Aprilisister :niceone:

Coyote
6th November 2007, 19:39
IM not so sure that crash damage counts as modifications though dude!
<_<

I was more thinking of upside down forks and a small LED headlight mounted to the front mudguard, exposing the triple clamps

Kendog
6th November 2007, 20:24
Well I would not have picked you for the Hornet type, but they really are great bikes.

Can't wait to see you doing the business on it.

flame
6th November 2007, 20:27
And now there's a Hoe livin in the garrage that Drew thinks is 'one tough bitch' and wants to ride every day:buggerd:

limbimtimwim
6th November 2007, 20:35
Hondas are gay.

This guy rides one.

skelstar
6th November 2007, 20:35
LOL good shit. YOu told me yourself that it was a cool looking bike V!

Kendog
6th November 2007, 21:25
This guy rides one.

Wait a minute, you been playing in photo shop again?

slowpoke
6th November 2007, 23:10
Awwwwww, ain't that just the sweetest thang....our lil' Droozy Woozy is all growed up!!!

Nah, seriously underrated bike mate, and Skels thing looks mint. Now it's time to fit the cams etc to turn the donk into the Fireblade motor it should have been.

Str8 Jacket
7th November 2007, 06:51
Wait a minute, you been playing in photo shop again?

No, he really does own that T shirt. I think that that photo was taken at the last round of racing at Taupo. LBTW is/was the man for wearing that!

Kendog
7th November 2007, 11:00
No, he really does own that T shirt. I think that that photo was taken at the last round of racing at Taupo. LBTW is/was the man for wearing that!

No way, it was Rossi (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=73219&d=1192440224).

gijoe1313
7th November 2007, 15:27
Ahh so this is where the mint Hornet ended up! All class! On ya for getting yourself a pearler! :niceone:

Bonez
7th November 2007, 15:50
Fuck those chicken strips are big!!!!!

Drew
7th November 2007, 16:00

Fair call, I'll se if I can do better at getting rid of them when it got a decent tyre on there. You're welcome to come for a ride if you think you can point out where I'm going wrong.

Bonez
7th November 2007, 16:06
Didn't want to dissapoint a well known Welly KBer by not pointing it out ;). Is the bike still up for grabs?

Drew
7th November 2007, 16:16
Didn't want to dissapoint a well known Welly KBer by not pointing it out ;). Is the bike still up for grabs?

Ok then...

It aint for sale anymore sorry. Way too much fun, and will make an excelent stunt bike when I can afford another Gixxer for the road.

Bonez
7th November 2007, 16:24
Ok then...

It aint for sale anymore sorry. Way too much fun, and will make an excelent stunt bike when I can afford another Gixxer for the road.Good to see you are enjoying it. Hornets have to be the best bang for your buck bike out there at the moment.

Sanx
7th November 2007, 18:03
A Mair on a Honda.

Heheh.

Sparky Bills
7th November 2007, 18:06
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!! !

Thats all im saying:innocent:

Riff Raff
7th November 2007, 18:18
A Mair on a Honda.

Heheh.
It seems he is no longer a Mair. His Dad and big brother have disowned him.

flame
7th November 2007, 18:29

...I said a lot more than that:shutup:

merv
7th November 2007, 18:32

What was Jimmy's surname when he threw a leg over a Honda? Hmmmmm wasn't that long ago the old CBR600 graced these pages.

Drew
7th November 2007, 18:40

Next track day then eh Martin, 954 verses 919. You game?

Deano
7th November 2007, 18:42
A Mair on a Honda.

Heheh.

...I said a lot more than that:shutup:

:rofl: :shutup:

I have nothing to add, other than that he thought quite highly of the Repsol.

Drew
7th November 2007, 18:44
:rofl: :shutup:

I have nothing to add, other than that he thought quite highly of the Repsol.

And your race bike. That's great fun.

merv
7th November 2007, 18:45
... and the Hornet has a nice tough real man's steel frame.

Drew
7th November 2007, 18:48
... and the Hornet has a nice tough real man's steel frame.

Yep, with a steel hinge in the middle an' all.

merv
7th November 2007, 18:53
Yep, with a steel hinge in the middle an' all.

She been a bit flexy for ya then?

Bonez
7th November 2007, 19:04
All Honda riders are ghey.

White trash
7th November 2007, 19:07
A Mair on a Honda.

Heheh.
What's so funny fatty?

Drew
7th November 2007, 22:10
She been a bit flexy for ya then?

I think it's more the flat rear tyre, guess I'll know tomorrow.

If that's a "come on", you're shit out of luck buddy.

Sanx
8th November 2007, 00:20

Couldn't agree more. One touch of a Honda, and it's man love from there on in. Still, according to Boomer, buying a Gixxer does fade the Gay Pride tattoo somewhat.

What's so funny fatty?

Shush, or I'll have to give you the learn around Taupo again.

skelstar
8th November 2007, 08:42

I'll forget you said that cause you were kind enough to give me that sheep-skin way back ;)

Bonez
8th November 2007, 15:35
I'll forget you said that cause you were kind enough to give me that sheep-skin way back ;)Lol...........................