PDA

View Full Version : How much$ to re-register a bike?

sweetas
6th November 2007, 19:34
Hey, i have just bought a cbr 250rr :niceone: but it is de registed. so just wondering how much to re register them?

Cheers.

aer0
7th November 2007, 08:46
Hey, i have just bought a cbr 250rr :niceone: but it is de registed. so just wondering how much to re register them?

Cheers.

just did my cbr250 about a year ago..
it was about $350 all up.

its just like a WOF check but a bit harder.. they get strict on things like brakes and stuff.

EDIT:
that included a years rego and a 6month WOF

p.s. Welcome

sprag
7th November 2007, 09:30
just did my cbr250 about a year ago..
it was about $350 all up.

its just like a WOF check but a bit harder.. they get strict on things like brakes and stuff.

EDIT:
that included a years rego and a 6month WOF

p.s. Welcome

Ah you got to love how cheap bikes are :pinch: (not)

sweetas
7th November 2007, 17:24
cool cheers, yea i really hope the disks pass, that would set me back a bit. All part of having a bike i guess:rolleyes:

sweetas
7th November 2007, 19:25
i also heard that by new law u have to replace the brake lines, does anybody no that for sure? And also would like to no wat the disk thickness has to be to fail? cheers.

McDuck
7th November 2007, 21:33
i also heard that by new law u have to replace the brake lines, does anybody no that for sure? And also would like to no wat the disk thickness has to be to fail? cheers.

You dont have to replace brake lines (well i did not a few months ago) and there will be a thickness stamped on the inside of the disk on one side, mine was 4 mm. And i did have to replace mine. It is a lot cheeper than a car to vin etc.

wildcat_lgf
8th November 2007, 07:55
It is a lot cheeper than a car to vin etc.

Except that I just got a car vinned for $320 +gst = $360. Not incl replacing brake pads etc.

There's alot more competition in the car market for everything...parts, repairs etc, so the prices seem to be a little more competitive

McDuck
8th November 2007, 09:05
so it is about the same...........