PDA

View Full Version : Spokesperson for Welington CC ride?

Colapop
7th November 2007, 17:11
Anyone have any ideas who this person might be? Anyone have any constructive suggestions? I have put the feelers out but have had a minimal response as yet - ok, none...

yungatart
7th November 2007, 17:36
Apparently Zukin, who has said he will be going, has done toastmasters etc...pm him

Colapop
7th November 2007, 17:54
Hmm will do...

sweetp
7th November 2007, 20:13
what about Grub? He has done a lot of research on this (and been quoted in the papers). He is also very articulate and would make a great spokespereson.

Nasty
7th November 2007, 20:14
what about Grub? He has done a lot of research on this (and been quoted in the papers). He is also very articulate and would make a great spokespereson.

Not sure that is a good idea .... :cool:

Disco Dan
7th November 2007, 20:16
If she's attractive and singe she gets my vote. :wari:

sels1
7th November 2007, 20:19

And could almost pass as being respectable looking.....could be a good choice

Nasty
7th November 2007, 20:19
If she's attractive and singe she gets my vote. :wari:

Crikey .. all people put forward so far are blokes .. will they do?

Colapop
7th November 2007, 20:38
Anything will do for Desparate Dan!

sunhuntin
7th November 2007, 20:42

im with you on this... grub would be one of the best choices... actually, since i dont know who else... grub is it, LOL.

xgnr
8th November 2007, 06:42
so might be happy to speak again in addition to Grub eh.

Grub
8th November 2007, 06:55
I can't be the spokesperson, I really am sorry, I'm passionate about this cause.

I can't go into the reasons except to say that it could pose a threat to my personal safety. Mock me if you like, but you won't know whats behind it.

sels1
8th November 2007, 07:05
I can't be the spokesperson, I really am sorry, I'm passionate about this cause.

I can't go into the reasons except to say that it could pose a threat to my personal safety. Mock me if you like, but you won't know whats behind it.

Ok mate, fair enough, we'll repect your wishes.
Zapf may be happy to do it, and someone else may yet come to the fore.

Paul in NZ
8th November 2007, 08:13
Its not hard - you just need someone who's not too excitable but will still give the media their 'quote' / 'headline'....

However, said person would have to actually have a clue what the campaign is actually trying to do and no - removing all barriers now won't do it... A Q & A or Fact sheet for the media is always a good idea..

Cheers

Joni
8th November 2007, 08:17
Its not hard - you just need someone who's not too excitable but will still give the media their 'quote' / 'headline'....

However, said person would have to actually have a clue what the campaign is actually trying to do and no - removing all barriers now won't do it... A Q & A or Fact sheet for the media is always a good idea..

CheersStrange you pop up in this thread, as i thought you would be perfect for the job :yes: (if you were feeling better and up to it that is)

Hitcher
8th November 2007, 08:19
Col, may I suggest that you act as a "shepherd" on the day. The media will be interested in doing two things: gathering vox pops and "expert" comment. The former will take care of itself, but as Camp Mother you should advise people at the pre-ride briefing that just because media may approach them for comment doesn't mean that they have to provide any. If you do a quick stocktake of what "experts" are on hand and willing to comment, you can then steer media people in the right direction. A bit of cooperation goes a long way when dealing with our friends from the fourth estate.

sunhuntin
8th November 2007, 08:32
fair enough grub.

Paul in NZ
8th November 2007, 08:53
Strange you pop up in this thread, as i thought you would be perfect for the job :yes: (if you were feeling better and up to it that is)

Feeling a LOT better today Joni - check the 'other' thread... Besides - I'm as ugly as a turnip - Cols way prettier...

Trudes
8th November 2007, 09:25
I'm way too excitable to do it, as well as being as thick as a plank.

007XX
8th November 2007, 09:38
I'm way too excitable to do it, as well as being as thick as a plank.

Utter and complete rubbish , woman!!:oi-grr:

Way too excitable maybe so, but certainly not the latter...

Sorry, I'll keep my nose out of this thread now...But I would have thought that maybe a combined effort between Hitcher and Col would get a nice result?