PDA

View Full Version : Wtb: Vfr400

Kwaka-Kid
30th July 2003, 13:31
i know there is a post here of one, but its done 70,000km :S

looking around hte $3000 mark, but i really would like somthing near 50/sub50,000km.  or if over that, proof of a valve grind/new valves or somthing.

Possibly asking too much, maybe i need to pay more, ill see how it goes, anybody? ALL vfr400's considerd/RVF400's (but like one would be that cheap :P)

Motoracer
30th July 2003, 14:38
And yet another bike kk? What are you going to do with all of em?

Do you just like to line them up in the garage to get the satisfaction like a bike collector or is this one going to be a spare bike in case you bin the rvf during a race? :)

bikerboy
30th July 2003, 17:28
Alright, somebody go over to that boy's house and slap some sense into him!!!!:argh:

KK, do you want this bike working so you can take it apart and have another broken bike or are you going to use it to ( and I'll believe it when I see it) get one of your other "projects" road going?

Why do I suddenly think of the old expression " a fool and his money...."?:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

bluninja
30th July 2003, 18:06
BB, that expression would only be correct if KK had some money :D

SPman
30th July 2003, 19:00
Well ....he has some money....

perhaps the idea is to flick the ZXR and get a 2nd VFR so he has a road bike and a race bike(?) the same....all the better to practice..cannabilise....whatever.....:confused:

Kwaka-Kid
30th July 2003, 22:20
SPman hit the nail on the head!

I am gonig to train myself to be the hell-ass VFR mechanic etc. jsut focus only on them, and therefore, if i sell up etc, and just have the RVF track bike, and a RVF/VFR (NC30 only) as a commuter, if i bin hte racebike and need aprts etc i can swap over, then if i get a 2nd 17" rim for the NC30 (they have 18") then i can switch tyres/rims etc and have best stuff on racebike and just keep using all the bad shit on the street, EVERYthing is interchangable, aside from rear tyre. pretty much, so you know what i mean? may aswell, if i bin the RVF400, and loose my current fairing, i could put the VFR (soon to own oneday) one on and id at least have a fairing, then id have the VFR as a street fdighter or somthing, id just keep the racebike best, and run the streetbike into a dog looker but hopefully keep up maintanence :)

EDIT: AS well as the fact that i aint never ridding a RVF/VFR in my life, letalone my own one :) so i figure it would be even better getting used to feeling on road/power, even if its different, its bound to be closer then anything i have now :)

oh but btw i never will sell the GPZ750turbo :) so dont ever speak of taht, its derego'd anyways, ill get onto it oneday.

bikerboy
31st July 2003, 09:16
....Tune in tomorrow for the next adventure of Kwakakid and RFVwonder,
...same kwaka time.......same kwaka channel.....dada dada dada Kwaka-kid.....:rockon: :p

Kwaka-Kid
31st July 2003, 12:06
ITS ALIVE! A - F-ING -LIVE!!!

EVERYBODY REJOCE! the mad ZXR400 is back to play!

after finding that after i let my dad clean carbs, he didnt screw no3 carby intermediate jet back in properly and it had fallen out! ROFL!

and 21x absolutly DEADspark plug, and 1x vague one. ITS ALL GOOD! NEW SPARKS ALL ROUND, new improved carbs :P  one problem... 2nd time i let him whilst im @ work open carbsw up and cleanout/check out,m this time he pouts back on, and throttle has a clunky part, whe nopen past about 1/10th the throttle, it goes "click" and the other 3 cylanders open! wtf has he done this time? im thinking the throttle thingy along the back of the carbs is getting caught? dunno.

but who cares! it actually runs on all 4 and smoothly! new plugs set me back $20 each orwhatever... it gets worse, they tell me the plugs for my rvf cost $45 EACH! jesus christ i could buy a new bike for that!

anyways yay, and i am still after a VFR400

Coldkiwi
31st July 2003, 12:48
"...but hopefully keep up maintanence "

you are freakin kidding aren't you!? How the heck are you going to race these things if you never actually go riding them because they're in bits? Get your sorry backside out of your garage of biking despair and go riding!!

Kwaka-Kid
31st July 2003, 13:21
do i need an air filter to ride? does the tank need to be properly mounted to ride? does the exhaust need to be mounted aside rom hte headers to ride?  oh wait, ive previously answerd most of these questions with the state the ZXR hit the track on last time :P jhahahaha!

yeah yeah im almost there coldkiwi, the RVF is a while away tho, but ZXR is basically done, fairings are not lining up the way they shud, all bracketry is poked, nothing the old micky hammer aint never seen before tho :)

bikerboy
31st July 2003, 14:44
Go riding on what?, CK :eek: