PDA

View Full Version : so i got pulled over tonight.....

motorbyclist
9th November 2007, 01:42
riding the FXR on my way to my mate's place at midnight, i passed on double yellow lines doing 75ish in a 50:innocent:, and sure enough a cop in a sidestreet saw the whole thing:shit: - and didnt pull me up on it:first:

:woohoo:

was riding the FXR home from doing "stuff" :shifty: with some mates at about 1:30 this morning. doing about 75ish in a 50, as you do....

out of nowhere i hear what sounds like a siren, i check the useless FXR mirrors to see those dreaded blue and red flashing lights:shit:

so being the awesome getaway vehicle the FXR is, i pulled over. cop checked the bike to make sure i hadn't stolen it, gave my licence a good hard look at (i've got my full), asked my address etc, and then returned my licence and let me go:done:

:woohoo::Punk::banana:

must be my lucky day or something!

Drum
9th November 2007, 05:00
Let's hope that it's also a lucky day for everyone else on the road around you.

Blackbird
9th November 2007, 06:05

Someone else that thinks he's a biker, but is just a twat.

Pex Adams
9th November 2007, 06:36
Get a lotto ticket NOW!!!

Macstar
9th November 2007, 08:23
Why don't you vent some of your energy on the track? Pukekohe has a track today for example. I know Chris and that other guy from Cycle Treads were heading over.

scumdog
9th November 2007, 08:32
Another yong idiot is on our roads so it seems.

Or is he a troll??

sunhuntin
9th November 2007, 08:54
yanno how so many of us want to make it compulsory that cagers spend at least a year on a bike? maybe we should make it compulsory for new young male members here to read every single one of skidmarks threads [and our responses] :girlfight:

ehab2weelr
9th November 2007, 10:39
yanno how so many of us want to make it compulsory that cagers spend at least a year on a bike? maybe we should make it compulsory for new young male members here to read every single one of skidmarks threads [and our responses] :girlfight:

true dat....

HungusMaximist
9th November 2007, 10:44
Man, I never knew the FXR can go over 70 km!

OMG ! hahaha..

motorbyclist
9th November 2007, 13:19
ok, now i know i may sound like an idiot, but the double yellow lines was on a straight bit of suburban road, only double yellow due to day traffic, and doing 75 after midnight on a weeknight up a hill (and losing speed fast) isn't what i'd call dangerous. obviously the cops agree, or dont think it's enough of a problem to pull me up on it. was is lunch time obviously i would get, and deserve a ticket. they were more interested in my licence and my being out after 10pm, and i have no issue with them pulling me over to check that

for the record i am yet to have a road bike accident, always ride insured, and have no issue with speeding tickets as i am breaking the rules i signed up to when i got my learners. i would go to the track days, actually i plan on it, but i need to organise money(broke) and spare fairings (done!) in the event of a slip up as i will not be insured

so no i'm not an idiot, though i can be hoon at times when i'm on the vfr, and would concede my "traffic negotiation" can be a bit "aggressive" at times

motorbyclist
9th November 2007, 13:24
and the only reason "yet to have a raod bike accident" means anything is that in almost 4 years on the road i have been able to anticipate and avoid all accidents. ie, i'm not one of those guys who write off a bike every other week, i'm on a 400cc bike so i can't be an absolute idiot and kill myself doing a wheelie and intend to stay that way until a cager decides they're going to buy me a 600cc

bomma
11th November 2007, 09:15
speeding = not cool

60kph = speeding

hey wait i ride at 60kph......and pretty sure most bikers around me do the same or faster speeds....

there4 me = not cool

aww man stupid logic....i gotta make me a logic tree to test the above logic statement....im gonna be a while...

and andrew not all cops are that lenient and at 75 crossin double lines, you're attention is undoubtedly divided and it's also a lot harder to stop quickly should anything happen....

it's not a matter of if, its a matter of when :dodge:

motorbyclist
11th November 2007, 10:09
and andrew not all cops are that lenient and at 75 crossin double lines, you're attention is undoubtedly divided and it's also a lot harder to stop quickly should anything happen....

it's not a matter of if, its a matter of when :dodge:

yes i'm well aware, but comon! midnight, straight road, one car, weeknight! i don't blame the cops for being lenient, eternally grateful of course.

and attention was not divided, was wholly on passing car at time - only thing to go wrong bar mechanical failure would be a car without headlights jumping out of the hedges onto road immediately infront of me, or car i'm passing trying to turn into said hedges :laugh:

i know what speed i am doing and will not moan and bitch about consequences. i will however, celebrate when i get off scott free :D:banana:

WarlockNZ
11th November 2007, 16:59
Another yong idiot is on our roads so it seems.

Or is he a troll??

Could be Skidmark in disguise ??? ... LOL

motorbyclist
11th November 2007, 17:27
lol no, i had it on both wheels :laugh:

Pancakes
12th November 2007, 21:10
........................ i would go to the track days, actually i plan on it, but i need to organise money(broke) and spare fairings (done!) in the event of a slip up as i will not be insured..............

Lets go backwards. If you've got no accidents in 4 years of paying full insurance tell your company to cover you for a trackday (non timed event, ra ra ra) or that you'll swap to Kiwibike who will. Either way your covered for the same $$'s your paying now. Problem #1 gone.

When I'm speeding or whatever I know that say 125K's = X demerits and X $'s and if I get stopped no matter what the situation is, no-one around etc I could well be ticketed and it's only one person's fault.

In your case you were on a 400 on your learners by the sounds of their interest in the time speeding on the wrong side of a double yellow line. Thats roughly 3 trackdays of fines right there. By doing that stuff you have already spent the coin so if you don't get snapped or you get let off it's luck not anything else!

I'm not trying to be a hater but your happy to cost yourselt $500 + for a minute at most of speed on the road but not $200 for a day on the track? Whats up dude? Look to the big picture.

jafar
12th November 2007, 21:23
Lets go backwards. If you've got no accidents in 4 years of paying full insurance tell your company to cover you for a trackday (non timed event, ra ra ra) or that you'll swap to Kiwibike who will. Either way your covered for the same $$'s your paying now. Problem #1 gone.

When I'm speeding or whatever I know that say 125K's = X demerits and X $'s and if I get stopped no matter what the situation is, no-one around etc I could well be ticketed and it's only one person's fault.

In your case you were on a 400 on your learners by the sounds of their interest in the time speeding on the wrong side of a double yellow line. Thats roughly 3 trackdays of fines right there. By doing that stuff you have already spent the coin so if you don't get snapped or you get let off it's luck not anything else!

I'm not trying to be a hater but your happy to cost yourselt $500 + for a minute at most of speed on the road but not $200 for a day on the track? Whats up dude? Look to the big picture.

He was on a 150 not a 400 & he has his full licence !!

carver
12th November 2007, 21:24
riding the FXR on my way to my mate's place at midnight, i passed on double yellow lines doing 75ish in a 50:innocent:, and sure enough a cop in a sidestreet saw the whole thing:shit: - and didnt pull me up on it:first:

:woohoo:

was riding the FXR home from doing "stuff" :shifty: with some mates at about 1:30 this morning. doing about 75ish in a 50, as you do....

out of nowhere i hear what sounds like a siren, i check the useless FXR mirrors to see those dreaded blue and red flashing lights:shit:

so being the awesome getaway vehicle the FXR is, i pulled over. cop checked the bike to make sure i hadn't stolen it, gave my licence a good hard look at (i've got my full), asked my address etc, and then returned my licence and let me go:done:

:woohoo::Punk::banana:

its the bike

i had a similar exp on my FXR...
you just cant run!

motorbyclist
12th November 2007, 21:44

will do when they send the next bill

absolutely right

He was on a 150 not a 400 & he has his full licence !!
exactly, read the post people! i'm grateful that i got let off on a speeding ticket which i should legally have got, as the cop used some common sense.

why are all you old guys calling me an idiot!? it was 1AM on a weeknight for christs sake! i was perfectly safe (well, safer than if it was 1PM and i was doing 50kph, i would never call a bike safe), and they thought so to.

its the bike

i had a similar exp on my FXR...
you just cant run!

lol i wouldn't run anyway - a dangerous driving charge looks very bad to insurers

and i don't blame the cop for checking my licence

Pancakes
13th November 2007, 12:54
..........they were more interested in my licence and my being out after 10pm, and i have no issue with them pulling me over to check that...........

Yeah sorry bro, it says got your full and FXR in the first post but this bit above made me wonder and you only have two 400's listed in your bikes, also somewhere in your posts you say you ride a 400? My bad, and yeah not hating on ya. I got done for 61 (in a 50) on a 4 lane road with no driveways or anything and a median strip. No other traffic at all and middle of the day. I didn't argue cos the guy seemed like he was going to pop at any moment and I was over 50 but was suprised to be stopped none the less. Was just pointing out more my attitude to being aware of the cost of speeding and thought if money was an issue you could probably afford a track day still? Can't pay a track day off interest free $5 a week tho eh? :msn-wink:

motorbyclist
13th November 2007, 13:05
Yeah sorry bro, it says got your full and FXR in the first post but this bit above made me wonder and you only have two 400's listed in your bikes, also somewhere in your posts you say you ride a 400? My bad, and yeah not hating on ya. I got done for 61 (in a 50) on a 4 lane road with no driveways or anything and a median strip. No other traffic at all and middle of the day. I didn't argue cos the guy seemed like he was going to pop at any moment and I was over 50 but was suprised to be stopped none the less. Was just pointing out more my attitude to being aware of the cost of speeding and thought if money was an issue you could probably afford a track day still? Can't pay a track day off interest free $5 a week tho eh? :msn-wink:

haha, yeah i know what you mean; my last ticket got me to take out that interest free overdraft banks offer tertiary students:doh:
i deserved it, and didn't argue (hell if i nailed it rather than pulling over i dunno if he would've caught up). they did me for 129 on an empty straight bit of motorway - lets just say i was happy with that figure - reasonable cop asked where i was going before writing the ticket, and i was running late for uni, so he chose an amount that wouldn't completely broke me.

the FXR is technically my littlest brother's, on the papers it's my dad's, but my brother isn't 15 till july so right now it's used to charge the battery or when any of the bigger bikes go into the shop/shed for work

Macstar
13th November 2007, 15:02
the FXR is technically my littlest brother's, on the papers it's my dad's, but my brother isn't 15 till july

Shit does that mean there's gonna be another one of your clan riding bikes around?!:msn-wink:

motorbyclist
13th November 2007, 15:54
hehe, sure does!

bomma
17th November 2007, 20:13
better warn that lady that owns the oyster farm :rofl:

klyong82
17th November 2007, 20:33
better warn that lady that owns the oyster farm :rofl:

:laugh::laugh::killingme:killingme:rofl::rofl: