which side of the road do you guys ride on?:Oops:
The same side as you :blank:

iand
10th November 2007, 04:29
nice one, just checking!!!
never riden on the wrong side, yet!

Harry33
10th November 2007, 05:03
It doesn't take to long to get use to if you ever do. The only thing I find is sometimes I walk to the wrong side of the car.:clap:

Bren
10th November 2007, 05:31
It doesn't take to long to get use to if you ever do. The only thing I find is sometimes I walk to the wrong side of the car.:clap:

Haha...reminds me of when I went to USA, I was there for a while and did not have a full NZ license so I went to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles to get a Texas license. Well anyway the first day that I went in to apply and sit the written I went to the front desk where a big (no HUGE) negro security guy was. He asked me what I wanted and I explained, and in a deep accent he simply stated "Ya aint from around here are ya boy?"...made me laugh.

Anyways I passed that and went back a few days later to sit the practical. The female officer:Police: was a real looker and her voice was so sweet (oh, how I love women in uniform, and I love the southern belle accent), but thats beside the point. Went out on a test drive, pulled outta the DMV onto a sidestreet only to go onto the left hand side. I noticed my mistake and promptly moved to the right hand side.:Oops: She asked me why I did that and I just said to her " Did ya see that semi parked on the side? I was just being overly cautious as i am not used to driving in LHD cars."
Anyway I passed all right and spent the rest of my visit driving a 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo...loved that car.

James Deuce
10th November 2007, 05:50
We drive on the same side of the road except when there are corners. Then we drift across the centre line at will and abuse people who point out our mistakes.

Sometimes we'll even stop and turn around and chase the people who don't like us driving on the "wrong" side of the road (I'll drive wherever I want and up yours!) and smash their car windows with the tyre iron we keep under the seat.

Of course if we're a motorcyclist lane discipline doesn't apply so we dangle our entire bike and upper body into the opposite lane on blind corners because it is our right to ride however we want.

Trudes
10th November 2007, 05:56
OMG, you're not the guy I saw yesterday riding through Johnsonville who thought the Red light means go and that the 50 sign was really 70???:mad:
(only kidding mate, just you see some really bad riding sometimes)

James Deuce
10th November 2007, 05:58
That was me. Sometimes I stop and do feet up doughnuts in the middle of the Johnsonville roundabout.

paturoa
10th November 2007, 06:41
I prefer the top side, sometimes I do get to the edge.

homer
10th November 2007, 06:54
speaking for a car...

If you aint sitting near the middle of the road ....
YOUR ON THE WRONG SIDE

Think of it that way
:bash:

scumdog
10th November 2007, 08:57
On motorbikes it may be trickier if you don't pay attention.

Last month two members of the same motorcycle tour group on the West Coast crashed head on and burst into flames 'cos the guy from Canada forgot which side of the road he was meant to be on.

Both survived but will be a tad scarred-up.

NZsarge
10th November 2007, 09:40
That was me. Sometimes I stop and do feet up doughnuts in the middle of the Johnsonville roundabout.

He he...next time I see you I want to see that!

yungatart
10th November 2007, 10:12

Pics please!!!!
Oh, and when I have mastered the art of U turns can you teach me that skill too???????

klingon
10th November 2007, 11:43
On motorbikes it may be trickier if you don't pay attention.

Last month two members of the same motorcycle tour group on the West Coast crashed head on and burst into flames 'cos the guy from Canada forgot which side of the road he was meant to be on.

Both survived but will be a tad scarred-up.

OUCH! :(

When I was driving in the USA and Canada I quickly got used to driving on the other side of the road. The one time I got it wrong was when I was turning left at an intersection in the middle of nowhere in the dusk and a deer jumped out in front of me. I swerved to miss the deer, carried on through the intersection and found myself on the wrong side of the road.

Very scary to think that the time when you really need to get it right is the time when you're most likely to panic and get it wrong! :wacko:

breakaway
10th November 2007, 11:56
On the center line, on one wheel

Swoop
10th November 2007, 12:42
If in doubt in any country...

Take a bottle of Twink/tippex/whiteout/whateveryou call correction fluid, and paint an arrow on the speedometer. An instant reminder!

homer
10th November 2007, 16:32
surely the worst bit to actually remember would be that you turn left at a round about

Now how would that work :wacko:

indicate left no right, indicate in, indicate out of the round about
all while remembering i have to turn right give way to the left.
:blink:

Hitcher
11th November 2007, 19:06
which side of the road do you guys ride on?

That depends...

RAMMIREZ
17th November 2007, 08:13
nice one, just checking!!!
never riden on the wrong side, yet!

First of all I salute you from continental Europe, fellows!

The part with "wrong side" seems questionable for me... Personal, I intended to come in Ch-ch in a near future, and I'm really terrified about this "wrong side" issue.

With apologies about my poor english skills, I hope to "ride" more safely on this forum, for the moment.
:scooter:

klingon
19th November 2007, 10:48
Welcome, RAMMIREZ. Enjoy hanging out on the forums with us... it is just a little bit safer than being on the road.

MSTRS
19th November 2007, 11:03
I believe one can tell the correct side to be on by observing whether most of the vehicles coming towards you are on your side of the road centreline, or not. The clue here is 'most'....

RAMMIREZ
19th November 2007, 22:23
Welcome, RAMMIREZ. Enjoy hanging out on the forums with us... it is just a little bit safer than being on the road.

Thanks for the tip! :hug:
I'll hope to ride on the correct side of the road, in real life and in this "virtual" one.