PDA

View Full Version : Coromandel Loop

NiggleC
10th November 2007, 13:56
i wll be up that way next March - do i allow the best part of a day to ride from Thames to Tauranga via the Coro Loop or is it just considered a morning ride at legal / tourist type speeds. (it'll be a week day so i won't be getting in too many locals way)

Thanks

Scouse
10th November 2007, 13:58
i wll be up that way next March - do i allow the best part of a day to ride from Thames to Tauranga via the Coro Loop or is it just considered a morning ride at legal / tourist type speeds. (it'll be a week day so i won't be getting in too many locals way)

ThanksAllow yourself a good part of the day to do the full coro loop

Swoop
10th November 2007, 14:08
You can do it twice in one day if you are really interested - especially midweek!

MidnightMike
10th November 2007, 14:10
Sheesh, now thats planning it early eh?

I might be able to make it.

Might even have an SV by then. :rockon:

NiggleC
10th November 2007, 19:39
yes t is early planning but Mrs C has to catch a plane back to ChCh so need to work out where from as the fares will never be cheaper

What?
12th November 2007, 08:29
Assuming that you will be wanting to stop for photos, eats, and detour down side-roads to places like Hot Water Beach, Hahei, Cooks Beach, Onemana etc etc, you should plan on at least 6 hours, maybe even 8. T'would be silly to just ride the main road and not see the peninsula.