PDA

View Full Version : Ride: Sun 11 Nov

Macstar
10th November 2007, 21:06
So who's keen on a ride tomorrow? Maybe early afternoon departure? I'm thinking of keeping it fairly local with West coast beaches (Piha, Bethels etc).

Chrislost
10th November 2007, 21:28
if its after 4 ill come

EJK
10th November 2007, 21:45
I wish to come lol

motorbyclist
11th November 2007, 08:39
i'm interested, chuck me a txt later today

now in the meantime, do i ride my dirtbike, or cut down that pine tree? both need to be done, both can take all day, i'd rather ride all day, my brother/neighbours are here to ride with me today, but if i postpone riding until the week then the neighbours aren't going to complain as much

bomma
11th November 2007, 09:02
ride your bike repeatedly into the tree in hopes that it topples!! why choose one when you can do both :2thumbsup

TIIIIIIIIMMMBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRR!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Macstar
11th November 2007, 17:33
Cheers for a good ride today Motobyclist, Klingon & Ewen (can't remember your KB name). After all my bitching and moaning about NZ, all you need is a sunny day like today and a ride with a bunch of mates and suddenly everything is all good again!

You can't beat those roads out West

motorbyclist
11th November 2007, 17:46
got some decent footage too :D

now to edit and post... step 1: learn to use windows movie maker or download better program

Supermoto Junkie
11th November 2007, 17:46
I was gutted I missed your ride, i logged of KB about 10mins before you posted it,

Oh well, I hooked up with another KBer on a 250 Bandit and headed up to WW and went through woodcocks/westcoast road and then back to Puhoi.

Macstar
11th November 2007, 17:48
I was gutted I missed your ride, i logged of KB about 10mins before you posted it,

Oh well, I hooked up with another KBer on a 250 Bandit and headed up to WW and went through woodcocks/westcoast road and then back to Puhoi.

Didn't you get my text message then? Sorry, I was sure I sent it to you as well mate (did a group text thingee).

Macstar
11th November 2007, 17:50
got some decent footage too :D

Yes, no license plates need appear.

klyong82
11th November 2007, 17:51
It was strange Auckland city was nice and sunny but at the petrol station in TItirangi the lady was saying it was pissing down and sure enough there was the occasional shower and cool breeze. But that did not stop us all from riding to Piha.....lovely roads.... cheers for the ride Macstar :niceone:

Supermoto Junkie
11th November 2007, 17:53
Didn't you get my text message then? Sorry, I was sure I sent it to you as well mate (did a group text thingee).

Yeah, i got it, but not till I got home about 2:30ish,

sounds like there is some good footage if no number plate need to be shown.....

Macstar
11th November 2007, 17:55
Yeah, i got it, but not till I got home about 2:30ish,

sounds like there is some good footage if no number plate need to be shown.....

Good, mobile phones do work. Footage was all legal, just value privacy...:2thumbsup. Right dinner time.

HungusMaximist
11th November 2007, 20:58
Haha Great ride today.

Thanks for taking my bike for a spin. Like I said, since my bike got hit, it hasn't been the same and that goes for my confidence level also.

Btw, I actually test rode the 2003/04 SV1000 today. Manage to get him down near 7000 bucks. Cosmetically, it's not mint but it's Good. If it had a little less mileage and a bit minter I would've picked her up straight away.

I have to say, the clutch is hydraulic I believe (somebody correct me here) and there's hardly any free play so it took quite a bit to get use to.

Anyway, I gotta get you, Kim or Stephen to check it out when you're free!

motorbyclist
11th November 2007, 22:15
sounds good!

and for footage i'm afraid i didn't have the camera running for that leg of scenic drive where the car crossed into our lane

Macstar
12th November 2007, 10:36
Haha Great ride today.

Thanks for taking my bike for a spin. Like I said, since my bike got hit, it hasn't been the same and that goes for my confidence level also.

Btw, I actually test rode the 2003/04 SV1000 today. Manage to get him down near 7000 bucks. Cosmetically, it's not mint but it's Good. If it had a little less mileage and a bit minter I would've picked her up straight away.

I have to say, the clutch is hydraulic I believe (somebody correct me here) and there's hardly any free play so it took quite a bit to get use to.

Anyway, I gotta get you, Kim or Stephen to check it out when you're free!

I recommend Stevo, he's more thorough and objective than me. I tend to get fixated on how fast it goes and how cool it looks and sounds! But if you want second or third best, than I'm happy to help.

Summer's coming too mate, the second hand bike market typically has a bit of a reversal from a 'buyers' to a 'sellers'. Buy some stickers for the scratches. As for mileage, you think you're going to keep it for more than two years i.e. when you're graduated and earning serious dough? My philosophy is as long as it gets you through that period with relatively few probs then don't worry too much about Kms... What was it 40Ks?

sounds good!

and for footage i'm afraid i didn't have the camera running for that leg of scenic drive where the car crossed into our lane

Ah well, watching that footage would have just made me angry at the stupid motorist anyway. Still could have been a good 'educational clip'.

motorbyclist
12th November 2007, 10:42
hoping to get a number plate. that plus video and the cops might have given a stern warning