PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Scary Moment

James Deuce
24th October 2004, 19:39
Went to Lower Hutt today with the whole family to have a look at the "sales". We went past the library along Queens Dr, and turned right to go to Westfield. There is a set of lights there and the lights were green, but the traffic in the left lane was stationary. Heather was driving and I could tell that her mental alarm had gone off, and I stopped playing with Jacob to look out the front. Heather slowed a little to negotiate the corner, when two idiot 10-11 year old boys sauntered out from in front of the stationary line of cars, obviously feeling pretty damn big that they were holding up the traffic.

It was wet. Very wet.

Our car doesn't have ABS.

They were 20 metres away and we were doing 40 km/hr.

Brake, lock, off a bit, can hear the tires chirping.

See one fat, ignorant little shit go from bravura to, "Oh F__K, I just crapped my pants in public". The other one moves like that blurred streak they use on Smallville to denote Super-angsty-boy running to save Lana. Cool, I think. I've just scouted Tana's replacement.

Heather stops before we even get to the double whites where you are supposed to stop if the light is red. We continue round the corner, and I eyeball the two little herberts from my possie in the backseat. They are actually very scared.

If it had been Heather's Dad driving, he wouldn't have stopped until someone had told him what those two really big bumps were. Oh, and that the head sticking through the windscreen from the outside isn't actually a option on this model of car.

Fekking kids.

Ms Piggy
24th October 2004, 19:43
Funny how those kids can "act" 10 feet tall and bullet proof until and actual danger comes their way. Excellent driving skills from Heather yet again! :yes:

Antallica
24th October 2004, 19:47
Shit mate, yeah you gotta be careful these days.

Paul in NZ
24th October 2004, 20:08
Shit mate, yeah you gotta be careful these days.

Shit yes.. I almost sobered up at the Guzzi rally... Phew! Luckily there was a decent pub nearby...

OK. I gotto go lie down now...

Paul N