PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 1983 virago 500

sunhuntin
12th November 2007, 16:48
wanting to buy a right hand side cover for an 83 virago 500. lost mine on the way back from the welly cheese cutter ride, somewhere on the welly motorway.

would also like to buy a second set as well, so ive got some spares. condition and color are not that important, as i can get them repainted the right color.

pm me if you can help.

thanks in advance

Grub
12th November 2007, 19:48
That sux big time. I hope Welly motorway riders keep a lookout on the motorway between Johnsonville and Paremata roundybout - even if it's all scratched up.

I think the 535 side covers will fit too, don't know about hte bigger bikes ... wouldn't be surprised though.

sunhuntin
12th November 2007, 20:58
cheers grub. have got a wreckers to check out tomorrow, and will continue to haunt ebay.

on the up side... she has a name already! "drama queen". after the side cover, the running out of gas and then being told last night the tail light was on, despite the bike being off [park light?] lmfao.

chanceyy
12th November 2007, 21:07
good to meet you properly over weekend sun ..

bugger bout the side cover .. thats normally betsy's trick to strip her bits off

good luck in sourcing another one

HTFU
12th November 2007, 21:57
got a 500 now aye. Is cool to see the bike upgrades people go through on KB. GN to virago 250, now a 500 :clap:.

janno
13th November 2007, 07:13
Oh poos on loosing bits already. Is your bike trying to emulate a Harley . . . :laugh:?

Nice to meet you over the weekend, I bet you haven't stopped smiling yet from your new pride and joy! It's a great looking bike.

Paul in NZ
13th November 2007, 08:05
cheers grub. have got a wreckers to check out tomorrow, and will continue to haunt ebay.

on the up side... she has a name already! "drama queen". after the side cover, the running out of gas and then being told last night the tail light was on, despite the bike being off [park light?] lmfao.

Try....

http://www.motoringmarketplace.co.nz/

There could be a key position for park lights. Many europeans don't have garages so the bike sits in the street at night - daft idea I know but 'ign off' is not always the last position for the key.

crashe
13th November 2007, 08:40
Side cover - Sorry, but in the box of all my aquired Virago bits and pieces, I don't have a side cover.

See if the 250 side cover will fit it....... as most Virago bits in pieces will fit all the Virago bikes. So then from there you will have more options.

Parking lights - Yep as Paul said double check the key switch re the parking lights.....
The 500 will be a buggar to push to crash start her.

Nasty
13th November 2007, 09:00

I found that you need to switch it not all the way around to have the tail light off ... there are multiple settings on the key.

sunhuntin
13th November 2007, 19:42
cheers everyone. janno... good to meet you as well!

i think i have a pair coming from ebay... if i win the auctions. took her in and showed her off to my mechanics... they are impressed! yay!

crashe... the 500/535 covers are a weird shape, totally different to the 250. [who is crying in the lean too from being ignored all weekend!]

Daffyd
13th November 2007, 19:52
Mmmmmmmm, might have to keep a close eye on mine over the next few weeks. :Oi:

sunhuntin
13th November 2007, 19:56
check em to make sure the bungs are popped in... i will also be drilling and cable tying mine.

crashe
13th November 2007, 20:02
crashe... the 500/535 covers are a weird shape, totally different to the 250. [who is crying in the lean too from being ignored all weekend!]

Right well, go out there and pat her (the 250) and start her up.....:whistle: