PDA

View Full Version : Failed my restricted today!

Hadley
12th November 2007, 17:57
Hi fullas and fullettes.
Sat my 6r test today, should have been a piece of cake. I knew the route I was going to go on, bike was all good, riding all good.
I had a bad feeling bout the tester from the word go. He seemed like he never wanted to be there.
Anyway, did a couple of turn lefts, turn rights, and a roundabout or two (Queenstown has no lights but quite a few roundabouts...) then came to an intersection beside a ped crossing.
I guess the test guy thought I didnt give him enough room to follow me through after the right hand turn and radio'd me to pull over.
Gave me a spiel how I failed to give way at the intersection, and then said "test terminated". He said my riding was good, but he couldnt continue cos of the breach of the road rules etc.
So I guess to all out there about to sit their test, make sure you wait for a real big gap when pulling out!.
Have to wait 3 or so weeks before I can sit again cos he is the only licence guy in the whole area and he's fully booked. I cant even request someone else cos there isnt anyone!
Anyway, ya live ya learn. I guess I'll be on the L for, well hopefully only 3 more weeks.

Cheers

BMW
12th November 2007, 17:58
I would make a complaint

or go else where!

NighthawkNZ
12th November 2007, 18:07
Anyway, ya live ya learn. I guess I'll be on the L for, well hopefully only 3 more weeks.

As BMW says... There is always someone higher up the chain, if you truely believe you gave way and did the 3 second thing I would complain...

Else go to Cromwell, Alexandra, Dunedin...

crashe
12th November 2007, 18:12
After slowing down at the GIVE WAY intersection and you saw the way was clear to go, you then proceded throu the intersection.

Did you pull over as soon as possible and wait for the tester to come throu the intersection once you realised that he didn't follow you?

If you did, then lay a complaint.

The way I see it is that you waited for him to come throu and then you both continued on your way..... all legal.

Is there any police on the site who can put there viewpoint across.
Particulary Scumdog who is from a smallish town......

A GIVE WAY sign means slow down and check and proceed if the way is clear to do so, but stop if necessary.

A STOP sign means STOP.

You came up to a GIVE WAY sign

Check out this thread: Sitting your "Restricted License"
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=30570

Hadley
12th November 2007, 18:18
Yeah, would love to go to somwhere else, but this guy covers Cromwell, Alex and wanaka unfortunatly. Cant really be justify trying Invercargill (2 hrs away) or Dun (3 hrs). probably has a tricky time of the day, just after school finishes when all the mothers are picking up their young in their "rangies"...

Northpoint
12th November 2007, 19:05
Some testing officers are just pricks...

discotex
12th November 2007, 19:35
If he said you failed to give way then he probably thought the gap was too small for you to get up to speed. Car drivers forget how quickly bikes can get to 50km/h so he may have been judging you as if you were a car.

Make sure don't jump into a small gap but also don't wait forever for a massive gap and you'll be sweet. Just pretend you're driving a car for the duration of the test.

... or he was just a wanker ...

Xaria
12th November 2007, 19:36
Bugger. Good luck for next time

mbazza
12th November 2007, 19:37
Smile, smile, smile and do it all formally next time. Crisp, clean and open. Then congratulations. Cheers.

homer
12th November 2007, 19:44
Id be telling him next time to keep up ....
after all its not your problem to wait for him
When i di dmy ride the cop followed and indicated quite early so i knew where to go and i still only did about half the course and then stoped at the police station
i told him i wasnt sure where he wanted me to go
and it was the next turn
i passed .most of it is all about looking

homer
12th November 2007, 19:45
If he said you failed to give way then he probably thought the gap was too small for you to get up to speed. Car drivers forget how quickly bikes can get to 50km/h so he may have been judging you as if you were a car.

Make sure don't jump into a small gap but also don't wait forever for a massive gap and you'll be sweet. Just pretend you're driving a car for the duration of the test.

... or he was just a wanker ...

id go with the wanker part ....guess he would have passed that test himself

smoky
12th November 2007, 19:57

You shouldn’t judge a gap in traffic based on how quickly you can get up to speed, it pays to think about how much room the approaching traffic needs to stop if things don’t work out as you plan. Ever stalled your bike getting off the line, back wheel slip out, or for what ever reason your bike don’t do as you expect – it happens. :doh:
Just my opinion – for what it’s worth
Good luck next time

Solarwind
12th November 2007, 21:17
That sucks! I ran a stop sign and still passed my test... :Oops:

boomer
12th November 2007, 21:27
the only way to fail ya bike test over here is to fall of. So come on.. fess up!

Mom
12th November 2007, 21:39
the only way to fail ya bike test over here is to fall of. So come on.. fess up!

Meany boomer.......:p

Bummer for you mate to fail, I guess this testing officer did not see things the same way you did. Put it behind you, dont argue, just re-book the test and do it again.

You were failed, it happens, try again. You were told why he/she failed you, learn from it. Nothing to be gained arguing the point, bastard or not he may be, failed you he did.

Go back out, practise some more, ride all you can. Then re-do the test!

Good luck!

*mutters something about the society that automatically assumes the tester is at fault for failing someone...wonders if it occurs to them that perhaps this fella made a mistake and was failed for a good reason, God forbid that we should allow someone out on the road who does not have the skills....oh, but of course when he comes to grief we can all get stuck in cos he is a dickhead!*

Edbear
13th November 2007, 05:58
...*mutters something about the society that automatically assumes the tester is at fault for failing someone...

You mean like it's the Cops fault for ticketting someone or chasing someone...?:shutup:

Sorry to hear, Hadley, still, I like your attitude, hope you get it next time!:sunny:

NighthawkNZ
13th November 2007, 06:42
God forbid that we should allow someone out on the road who does not have the skills....

ummm but but... :mellow: <_< looks out the window and the many people in cages with out the skill and shouldn't be on the road :crazy:

:laugh:

ManDownUnder
13th November 2007, 06:46
*mutters something about the society that automatically assumes the tester is at fault for failing someone...wonders if it occurs to them that perhaps this fella made a mistake and was failed for a good reason, God forbid that we should allow someone out on the road who does not have the skills....oh, but of course when he comes to grief we can all get stuck in cos he is a dickhead!*

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap:

The Pastor
13th November 2007, 14:51
sounds like he was bit of a dick, theres not much you can do im afraid.

Jantar
13th November 2007, 17:52
The tester for Queenstown / Alexandra is a prick. He isn't a motorcyclist himself and tests riders as though they are in a car. He almost failed one of the guys at work (for his restricted) for using his mirrors to check behind rather than turning his head.

sprag
13th November 2007, 19:38
Sorry to hear about you not passing, and real bummer about being the only tester around your area.

Hadley
13th November 2007, 20:30
The tester for Queenstown / Alexandra is a prick. He isn't a motorcyclist himself and tests riders as though they are in a car. He almost failed one of the guys at work (for his restricted) for using his mirrors to check behind rather than turning his head.

Yes Ive heard from a few he is a prick. I got told he refused to do a car restricted test because the car was too messy. It had WOF etc just a bit messy inside. Even the AA chick warned me about him...

hayden123
12th April 2009, 16:54
I got pulled over by a Queenstown cop for no reason at all (probably for driving a shitty car and having a penis) and he then proceeded to examine my car with his torch and got me to empty my pockets for him. Then he gave up and told me to drive safely and left. It was probably a good thing too because I had a fair bit of weed in the car. Glad I don't live there anymore to be honest. Not a bad town when you umm...leave.

hayd3n
20th June 2009, 22:19
Yes Ive heard from a few he is a prick. I got told he refused to do a car restricted test because the car was too messy. It had WOF etc just a bit messy inside. Even the AA chick warned me about him...

come to dunners and do the tests theres a spare bed here if you need to stay over

p.dath
20th June 2009, 22:26
Mate it's not worth complaining over. Just sit your three weeks out and move on.

Trying to fight the system will just by you more agro than it is worth. Especially if you only have to wait three weeks.

breakaway
21st June 2009, 10:06
I got pulled over by a Queenstown cop for no reason at all (probably for driving a shitty car and having a penis) and he then proceeded to examine my car with his torch and got me to empty my pockets for him. Then he gave up and told me to drive safely and left. It was probably a good thing too because I had a fair bit of weed in the car. Glad I don't live there anymore to be honest. Not a bad town when you umm...leave.

How the hell did he get to search your car without a warrant unless you gave him a reason!

CookMySock
21st June 2009, 12:31
Good on ya for posting that. It's a good reminder to folks doing riding tests - obey the law to the letter. That's mainly what they want to see. Reference also a recent thread here about riding to SLOW and almost failing.

Steve

Lurch
21st June 2009, 20:07
Sounds like he's just a wank but it's impressive to see your upbeat attitude regarding it. :2thumbsup

Maybe it's a good idea to plan a holiday to take your full somewhere nice (and away from that guy)

Danae
21st June 2009, 21:32
Wtf necroed...

Lurch
21st June 2009, 22:28
Wtf necroed...

lol, I got sucker punched there. Nice necro Hayden123...:bash:

Northsyde
22nd June 2009, 23:12
I recently failed my test because my brake light didn't work. Fair enough to be honest. Then I got home and had a poke around to see what the problem was, 1 of the contacts had moved about 1mm... Pushed it back with my finger, been working ever since. I also know for a fact that it had been working 2 days prior to the test...

Breed777
23rd June 2009, 11:56
Well I'd say guy back to the same guy and just ride a little faster.... whats the chances of him failing you twice? (I failed my car restricted the first time and I went back to the same guy) I doubt he will fail you again otherwise he starts to look dodgy....

Luker
24th June 2009, 16:22
Passed my 1R today, after reading this forum was a tad worried, but all ok. Tester was a real good dude, even went on the motor way, just said go as far as you feel safe.

Go Go North Shore Testers

PeteMun
25th June 2009, 13:36
Passed my 1R today, after reading this forum was a tad worried, but all ok. Tester was a real good dude, even went on the motor way, just said go as far as you feel safe.

Go Go North Shore Testers

1R or 6R ? Congrats dude.. Im thinking about booking my bike restricted soon

ready4whatever
20th July 2009, 14:57
That sucks man, iv booked my test too. can somebody tell me whats involved, i hear a U turn? anything else? cheers

DarkLord
20th July 2009, 17:54
A U turn and possibly some riding in a 70kmph zone.

A few things to note -

Wear a hi-vis vest
Exaggerate your head movements to make it REALLY obvious you are looking around
Show up early, be polite and courteous
Keep a close eye on your speed and indicating

Keep an eye on all of those things and you should do just fine.

CookMySock
20th July 2009, 17:56
You need to be able to ride around town for 20 minutes without breaking any laws and without wobbling like a fool. Thats it. The last six months on your learners should have got you expert at doing U turns, as well as everything else you will need - thats what it's or.

The 6R test is a complete doddle. I got half way through it and he terminated the test and wrote my license out, but then my riding is godlike lol.

Steve

BiK3RChiK
20th July 2009, 19:19
That sucks man, iv booked my test too. can somebody tell me whats involved, i hear a U turn? anything else? cheers

Make sure your bikes legal. Both testers in Whakatane are cool. Yes, for the full you need to do a u-turn. There are a number of routes they take bikers on, so don't listen to those who try to tell you 'the route'. I had to do a u-turn on Nelson Street on my GT250R! Go down some of those narrower streets and practice.

All the best...

carver
20th July 2009, 21:22
I recently failed my test because my brake light didn't work. Fair enough to be honest. Then I got home and had a poke around to see what the problem was, 1 of the contacts had moved about 1mm... Pushed it back with my finger, been working ever since. I also know for a fact that it had been working 2 days prior to the test...

hahaha......

ready4whatever
23rd July 2009, 16:53
good to know the whakatane testers are cool. and yeah for my restricted car licence i failed to giveway but he said "your lucky im in a good mood" and i passed

Cheshire Cat
23rd July 2009, 17:06
That guy sounds like a prick full stop.jeeezz:crazy:

Aaron_newrider
24th July 2009, 22:16
You didn't give way?

I thought if you don't give way - it usually results in a crash? and there is nothing about a crash :)

chef
17th August 2009, 23:48
what a tosser should of kicked his arse