PDA

View Full Version : What an awesome day !

sedge
25th October 2004, 17:33
Dropped bubby off at grans and me and the other half wobbled over to Martinbourough for lunch... Saw a few bikers at the top of the Rimutakas as we headed back and a couple of bikes at the flying fish... but not that many around, where is everyone ?... First long ride I've had with a pillion, the ZZR handles it quite well, no complaints from behind and it still lifts the wheel nicely in second ;).

Have to do some more, all I need are more grandparents...

Ah well, if I saw ya I waved, so howdy... Anyone else out and about today ?

Sedge.

jimbo600
25th October 2004, 20:11
Dropped bubby off at grans and me and the other half wobbled over to Martinbourough for lunch... Saw a few bikers at the top of the Rimutakas as we headed back and a couple of bikes at the flying fish... but not that many around, where is everyone ?... First long ride I've had with a pillion, the ZZR handles it quite well, no complaints from behind and it still lifts the wheel nicely in second ;).

Have to do some more, all I need are more grandparents...

Ah well, if I saw ya I waved, so howdy... Anyone else out and about today ?

Sedge.

Yeah mate I was out and about today. Is your ZZR Blue? I think I passed you on the way to the 'Takas in the afternoon.

Storm
25th October 2004, 20:33
I was just out and about in a different part of the country, but it was my first ride in 3 days and I have to say it was bloddy awesome. MY bike was smoother than silk undies, powered away like a dream and the road was clear and temperature just right. It was why I ride :first:

Hitcher
25th October 2004, 20:59
Saturday was damned fine as well. Mrs H and I went over the 'takas to Lake Ferry (via the East West road) for a shandy. We then rocked back up the valley to Martinborough, through to the mushroom factory, round the back of Carterton and then another stop for coffee and cake at Greytown (I fight anorexia daily) before heading home.

Today I got to practice a bit of two-up riding this morning -- up the Hutt to Haywards, coffee etc at Pauatahanui, over the Paekak hill and back home.

I've just got home after my second ride of the day -- I went out to my folks at Waikanae for dinner. 40,000km wound over on the way home, so I'm well on target to do about 45,000km on the Zrex for the year.

LB
26th October 2004, 04:46
Yeah mate I was out and about today. Is your ZZR Blue? I think I passed you on the way to the 'Takas in the afternoon.
Jimbo: did I see you at the bottom of Maungaraki in the carpark Monday avo, around 1.30/45pm-ish? We were two-up on Hamish's yellow R1100S, heading north on our way back from the ferry. I waved, it looked like you were manouvering your bike to park, you may not have been looking towards the m/way.

jimbo600
26th October 2004, 06:46
Jimbo: did I see you at the bottom of Maungaraki in the carpark Monday avo, around 1.30/45pm-ish? We were two-up on Hamish's yellow R1100S, heading north on our way back from the ferry. I waved, it looked like you were manouvering your bike to park, you may not have been looking towards the m/way.

Yeah that was me alright. Didn't see you though sorry

sedge
26th October 2004, 09:48
Yup, that was me... blue ZZR... rear mounted speed limiter... (well, yesterday anyway ;) ) We shot over about lunchtime, you probably caught me on the way home heading to the Haywards and Paekak hill (again) sans missus.

So nice to have some time to ourselves for a change... Although I reckon the little guy would like one of those minimotos... One of the only times he sits still is when the MotoGP is on the telly... (heh heh, that and Hi-five)

Sedge.