PDA

View Full Version : Tide going a touring...

tide
14th November 2007, 14:01
Hi All

Well I've been forced to take some leave at work... something about having too many days owing blah blah etc... so I've decided to do a tour of the North Island...

Rough plans are as follows

Leave Auckland to Tauranga 3rd Dec
Tauranga to Napier 4rd Dec
Napier to Wellington 5th Dec
Wellington to New Plymouth 6th Dec
New Plymouth to Auckland 7th Dec

What I am looking for is to meet some of the KB folk around the north island, possible places to stay or a couch if not asking too much... :)

woo hoo... can't wait... :scooter:

Seeya all soon...

Stickchick
14th November 2007, 14:04
I would offer you place in Napier but unfortunately I won't have a flat. Pm Mstrs and Tart though I'm sure they will put up with you for one night hehehehe.

janno
14th November 2007, 14:08
You're welcome to stay chez O'Connor for the New Plymouth leg. There's a small chance I'll be offshore, but looking likely I'll be home.

As long as you are not allergic to the barking bookends.

tide
14th November 2007, 14:20
I would offer you place in Napier but unfortunately I won't have a flat. Pm Mstrs and Tart though I'm sure they will put up with you for one night hehehehe.

thanks... yeah something about you moving to auckland... will get in touch with Mstrs and Tart...

You're welcome to stay chez O'Connor for the New Plymouth leg. There's a small chance I'll be offshore, but looking likely I'll be home.

As long as you are not allergic to the barking bookends.

Cool... and nope not allergic... :)

McDuck
15th November 2007, 21:40
We should catch up :)

DMNTD
15th November 2007, 21:43
You'd be welcome to stay here when ya come through but we got some strange mofo staying here that night! :eek:
Might make him leave his bike outside too so ours don't catch anything :devil2:

McDuck
go to taupo on the 4th of december and catch up witht he main CC protest ride (well more awerness ride)

Mom
Hi All

:wari: :scooter: :love:
Seeya all soon...

Sounds like a cool trip Tide.......Hope you have a great time! check your tyre pressures I learned that tip recently...:o
travel safe mate!

Lucy
16th November 2007, 00:21
Hey! What's wrong with the Cental North Island???? Doing it the way you have planned you will miss some of the best roads. Turn right at Wanganui and come for a pie at Raetihi - and if you want to stay at the airport I'll waive the landing charges seeing as we have already met!

tide
16th November 2007, 12:10
Sounds like a cool trip Tide.......Hope you have a great time! check your tyre pressures I learned that tip recently...:o
travel safe mate!

Yeah looking forward to it... bike goes in for a service etc on Monday so should be all tip top for the trip... :)

go to taupo on the 4th of december and catch up witht he main CC protest ride (well more awerness ride)

Yeah After chatting to Mstrs I will be going to Taupo then traveling back to Napier with them.

Hey! What's wrong with the Cental North Island???? Doing it the way you have planned you will miss some of the best roads. Turn right at Wanganui and come for a pie at Raetihi - and if you want to stay at the airport I'll waive the landing charges seeing as we have already met!

mmm those are just the end points doesn't matter how I get there... :) so might just do that... :)

2 and a bit weeks :woohoo: to go...

Mom
16th November 2007, 17:05
Hi All

Seeya all soon...

Better arrange a stop over chez Maha/Mom styles......lool..........you are heading souf not norf, so better plan a norf trip soon!

tide
24th November 2007, 14:31

Yeah am going to be going to Taupo for the "CC ride"... then ride on the the Napier Crowd...

Are you keen to meet along the way to Taupo and ride together or what is your route and will meet along the way.

Tide...

tide
24th November 2007, 14:33
Better arrange a stop over chez Maha/Mom styles......lool..........you are heading souf not norf, so better plan a norf trip soon!

yeah will... haha... thinking about the North Exposure trip... but believe you'll not be on it... :no:

will have to think about something early Jan... if you are around...

McDuck
24th November 2007, 15:11
Yeah am going to be going to Taupo for the "CC ride"... then ride on the the Napier Crowd...

Are you keen to meet along the way to Taupo and ride together or what is your route and will meet along the way.

Tide...

Depends. If you want to meet in roto then maby? (we could even backtrack into the BOP and go down back roads). Can you handle gravel roads?

tide
25th November 2007, 19:13
Depends. If you want to meet in roto then maby? (we could even backtrack into the BOP and go down back roads). Can you handle gravel roads?

mmm have very limited experience on Gravel... so not too keen but if it is not too bad may give it a try... will be in Tauranga so will either follow the coast then to Roto or goto Roto... via Pyas Pa... so am open to various options...

Disco Dan
25th November 2007, 19:20
Got a spare room in my place... if you get tired near Ranui :niceone: hehe

Good luck with your trip dude!