PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Keen for a spin this saturday (17th)

ital916
14th November 2007, 17:10
Hey guys, unfortunately the monday ride was cancelled due to rain but anyone keen for a ride saturday morning? Prob leave at like midday or something. Anyone know any good routes easy for beginners but still challenging for the more experienced riders. Did my first long distance run in heavy traffic yesterday:clap: was a bit nerve racking since it was raining and the wind was blowing me the hell around on the motorway but still good practice. Did lots of clutch control practice haha. Anyway I would love to cruise saturday if anyone is keen. Hope the hols are treating you all well :rockon:.

Peace n ride safe

D

motorbyclist
15th November 2007, 17:21
ok, so here's where we put up a date in big red letters, get el presidente (squiggles) to send out emails, and tell everyone there's a "learners" ride this saturday 12pm, meeting on symonds st, all skills and sizes welcome - experienced riders to help new riders and teach 'em some tips/tricks of keeping the bike upright. no hooning and no motorway sections. route to be confirmed, but suggested cruise along the waterfront to mission bay, head up into the suburbs and have a muck around maybe?

Ragingrob
15th November 2007, 17:29
I'd be keen for a ride starting at 11 :bleh:, got a bit of free time...

Folcan
15th November 2007, 19:28
I will definately try come to this one if the weathers good. I know im not a learner. but a ride is a ride :P

MGST
15th November 2007, 19:34
I am keen to come and meet you guys. I am staff, not student, at the Uni, and got to do a job at Student Health on Sat morning, so I will try to nail it. Meeting in front of the Rec centre?

Ragingrob
15th November 2007, 19:48
Alright if it's fine I am so there, I'm sure my gf can wait till later to make the Grey Lynn festival :bash:. Outside Rec Centre sounds good. Midday or 11?

ital916
15th November 2007, 20:36
YAY! I will definately be there!! See you all on saturday in front of the Uni..I'm hoping the more experienced riders won't be put off as it would be awesome to meet you all and learn to ride better. :D :D

D

Squiggles
15th November 2007, 21:00
if i be there i be there on the 2t cx

come tomorrow to our friday thing (its in the other thread)

carbacca
15th November 2007, 21:00
i have an exam in the morning but will try and make it

motorbyclist
15th November 2007, 22:03
I am keen to come and meet you guys. I am staff, not student, at the Uni, and got to do a job at Student Health on Sat morning, so I will try to nail it. Meeting in front of the Rec centre?

sweet as, and yes

Alright if it's fine I am so there, I'm sure my gf can wait till later to make the Grey Lynn festival :bash:. Outside Rec Centre sounds good. Midday or 11?

12, but in true smc fashion we probably won't leave till 1245:laugh:

if i be there i be there on the 2t cx

fxr or vfr you reckon?

Squiggles
16th November 2007, 10:27
go with the fxr ;)

Kirill357
17th November 2007, 00:13
Keen to join guys, depends on weather though :) wanna meet some fellow bikers from the uni.

MGST
17th November 2007, 07:07
Fuck it. Its a perfect day for a ride, and I have to take the bloody car to work cos the fucken bike won't start! Turns over but won't fire. So it doesn't look like I will be able to join you guys, unless a miracle happens. Next time....

ital916
17th November 2007, 09:16
looks like beaut weather guys so ill see you all there at 12. :D

Ragingrob
17th November 2007, 09:21
Damn I can't make it, going to cycletreads for a new tyre soon but then I've been roped into heading into Grey Lynn festival about 1...so not really enough time!

carbacca
17th November 2007, 10:24
i have finished my 2 hour exam in 1 hours :) i am in now, heading out after some lunch

Folcan
17th November 2007, 10:44
see you all in a few mins. The hopefully we get many more days with weather this good

EJK
17th November 2007, 12:58
Damn it ya noobs! Why do I always miss a thread like this?!?!?! :argh:!!!!!!

bomma
17th November 2007, 15:48
Damn I can't make it, going to cycletreads for a new tyre soon but then I've been roped into heading into Grey Lynn festival about 1...so not really enough time!

do i hear a whip cracking?? :rofl:

carbacca
17th November 2007, 16:38
great little ride, glad i came cos the weather was bloody nice

damn i wanna two stroke now...oh and nish i think we found you a stunt double :P

Folcan
17th November 2007, 18:52
Yup it was a good ride with good weather.

bomma
17th November 2007, 20:08
great little ride, glad i came cos the weather was bloody nice

damn i wanna two stroke now...oh and nish i think we found you a stunt double :P

huh?? :eek5:

klyong82
17th November 2007, 20:31
What happened to the 2 stroke?

carbacca
17th November 2007, 20:55
nothing. just a comment that the rider looks a liddle bitty like nish

EJK
17th November 2007, 21:04
Whats this? did Hong got a 2-Stroke bike?

ital916
18th November 2007, 07:28
Haha carbacca means that nishs stunt double is me. Supposedly i look like a miniature version of him. I've never met him but when he comes back from his trip I will. lol I think Carbacca has been impressed with power to weight to freaking pocket rocket nature of my little two smoker.

HungusMaximist
18th November 2007, 10:17
Good ride bro, good meeting you yesterday!