PDA

View Full Version : RG150 Barrel pull

Jase W
14th November 2007, 17:31
Ive just brought myself an RG150 for streetstock and have started pulling it apart so I can inspect the powervalves/piston and clean/adjust/replace where necessary. However im having a little trouble getting the barrel off... the head came off easy as but I just cant get the barrel to budge (much... it kinda moves a tiny wee bit, but not in the direction I want - UP).

Anyone got any tips for removing the barrel easily?

Cheers

FilthyLuka
17th November 2007, 19:18
give it a gentle tap with a very large hammer, If the RG150 is anything like some other suzuki singles, there will be some bolts on the top end that need undoing, search around the sides, if not resort to hammer

VF AAR
17th November 2007, 19:52
if not resort to hammer

hammer.......

FilthyLuka
17th November 2007, 20:36
hammer.......

Yep, a big one :-) But if by barrel you mean top end then its ze bolts, take em out then it will come of. Or if by barrel you mean the actual metal bore you are trying to remove you so have a metal sleave that you can play with, use as a cup holder ect (dont know why you would bother) then you will need someone who has a clue and a press.

Jase W
18th November 2007, 14:54
Cheers for that. Just needed a rubber mallet and alot of whacking to get it loose. First top-end rebuild at 32000k so it was pretty firmly stuck.