PDA

View Full Version : 2 hr Bucket Endurance Meet, 24th/25th Nov.

SHELRACING
14th November 2007, 20:50
Saturday 24th, Mt Wellington Go-Kart Track, 8.30am sign on.
Practice day for Buckets.
Free practice for AMCC members.

Sunday 25th,Mt Wgtn Kart Track, sign on 8.30am.
2 hr Endurance racing.
teams of two riders, one bike.
Ironman,(if your brave) do the 2hrs yourself.
$50 per bike.

Every rider must have an MNZ Race Licence.
Day licences are available.
Leathers, back protector, boots, full face helmet and gloves are compulsory.

Macstar
14th November 2007, 21:16
Can I ride my KTM 520? If not, can I go for a burn on the track sometime too? Who can I contact? Cheers.

SHELRACING
21st November 2007, 20:09
Macstar.

If you come down on practiice day (Saturday) certainly do a few laps. There was talk of a motard race on Sunday depending on numbers.

There is also a fun day (Sunday) coming up which will be over 2 days 15th 16th December. You would be welcome to that too.

Cheers

CHOPPA
22nd November 2007, 08:49
could i ride an aprillia rs50 in any on the classes?

SHELRACING
22nd November 2007, 20:58
could i ride an aprillia rs50 in any on the classes?

Hi,
Yes you can ride a RS50. The 2hr is an 'all in race'. So all classes race together. It is a LeMans start. Bikes are scrutineered before you take the track.

You will need to prepare the bike; wire up the sump bolt, take off any indicators, tape up all other lights, take off wing mirrors. Cover all metal parts
that may damage the track in an accident, eg footpegs, handle bar ends.

You also need to bring a stop watch + someone not riding, who can do lap timing.

It is a lot of fun too.

SHELRACING
22nd November 2007, 21:03
Sorry everyone i forgot to mention that the start is a Le Mans Start, and you need to be able to start your bike under your own steam.
You are not allowed anyone to help push your bike.

That is unless you are a Granma like me and start 1/2 a lap behind everyone else cause you cant get your bike started. :banana:

Granma

Supermoto Junkie
22nd November 2007, 21:06
Sorry everyone i forgot to mention that the start is a Le Mans Start, and you need to be able to start your bike under your own steam.
You are not allowed anyone to help push your bike.

That is unless you are a Granma like me and start 1/2 a lap behind everyone else cause you cant get your bike started. :banana:

Granma

What time on what day should a spectator turn up mto have a watch?

SHELRACING
22nd November 2007, 21:33
What time on what day should a spectator turn up mto have a watch?

The main racing starts after lunch on Sunday, so if your after some good racing, then this is the best time.

Saturday is practise day, so there is no racing. But you are more than welcome to come down both days if you want, even bring your bike down for a go...if you dare.

Supermoto Junkie
23rd November 2007, 08:12
The main racing starts after lunch on Sunday, so if your after some good racing, then this is the best time.

Saturday is practise day, so there is no racing. But you are more than welcome to come down both days if you want, even bring your bike down for a go...if you dare.

Would I be allowed to run my Motard? I thought 660cc would be too big?

Sully60
23rd November 2007, 08:24
Would I be allowed to run my Motard? I thought 660cc would be too big?

I think you'll be okay from a riding standpoint, Stephen Briggs and co seemed to have no problems.
Do know about the track rules though, it didn't take long for the jumped up GO-KART (they hate that term)wankers to put a stop to our fun down here.

Supermoto Junkie
23rd November 2007, 08:30
I think you'll be okay from a riding standpoint, Stephen Briggs and co seemed to have no problems.
Do know about the track rules though, it didn't take long for the jumped up GO-KART (they hate that term)wankers to put a stop to our fun down here.

I could be keen to get it on a tight track, I have riden it at Puke but it is to long anf fast which is not a lot of fun,

Does someone have a list of what I need to do to it to get it track worthy, i heard something about covering the foot pegs????

SHELRACING
26th November 2007, 21:57
I could be keen to get it on a tight track, I have riden it at Puke but it is to long anf fast which is not a lot of fun,

Does someone have a list of what I need to do to it to get it track worthy, i heard something about covering the foot pegs????

Yes you need to cover any metal that may damage the track if you come off. Footpegs and handle bar ends.
Wire up the sump plug.(if you have one).
Take off all lights(or tape up the headlight), take off indicators, wing mirrors, take off your number plate and plastic surround. They will be smashed if you have an off.

We are having a fun weekend on 15th/16th December,so please come down if you want.

Supermoto Junkie
27th November 2007, 10:10
Yes you need to cover any metal that may damage the track if you come off. Footpegs and handle bar ends.
Wire up the sump plug.(if you have one).
Take off all lights(or tape up the headlight), take off indicators, wing mirrors, take off your number plate and plastic surround. They will be smashed if you have an off.

We are having a fun weekend on 15th/16th December,so please come down if you want.

Thanks, I might start getting the old girl ready this weekend.

SHELRACING
28th November 2007, 20:37
Thanks, I might start getting the old girl ready this weekend.

We took these on the weekend.

Will give you some idea of what goes on.

SHELRACING
28th November 2007, 21:13
Some more pic's on 'Bucket update' thread.