PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Christchurch got a pipe bender

JMemonic
14th November 2007, 20:52
Can anyone lend me the use of a pipe bender suitable for 19mm OD pipe with a 1.2 mm wall, the partner got her self a helmet and I though I might make a pack frame/back rest for her to use and a guide as she has not been on a bike before and I really want her to feel safe.

I know I could possibly go out and buy a pre built rack but I have pipe here time on my hands, and little funds.

JMemonic
20th November 2007, 14:16
Guess not thanks to all al looked at the post though

imdying
20th November 2007, 14:47
If you are totally stuck I'll consult my neighbour... he's a HVAC technician, I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a 3/4" one. 1.2mm wall is reasonably weighty though... he's got a few torches though, between the two of you he might be able to figure it out. Would probably cost you a bottle of Jimmy though... would be worth checking out George Henry to see what a bender is worth, might not actually cost you any more than that anyway!

cruza
30th November 2007, 09:39
Gas and some round bar to bend it round? supose it depends how flash its got to be..... but you can make a reasonable job if not in a rush.

The Lone Rider
30th November 2007, 14:43
If you draw out a semi accurate drawing with measurements, I can take it to the engineer at my work while I am on evening shift (means no management people around haha). I can give it to him and see what he says. He's done bike related work for me before. Sometimes does my bosses car during work hours even haha.

Wouldn't cost you anything either

JMemonic
30th November 2007, 19:16
Cheers guys, I have had to put this project on the back burner due to time constraints :(