PDA

View Full Version : another noob q

menace
26th October 2004, 15:18
Ok just also wnadering wat the diference between NSR and the CBR bikes is.... they seem similary priced...

I googeld it but came up with nothing... :S

Blakamin
26th October 2004, 15:20
Ok just also wnadering wat the diference between NSR and the CBR bikes is.... they seem similary priced...

I googeld it but came up with nothing... :S
Might not be right, but NSRs are 2 stroke and CBRs are 4 stroke.... but thats real basic

jrandom
26th October 2004, 15:20
One has strokes numbering twice, the other of four times.

Pay your money and take your choice, grasshopper.

NC
26th October 2004, 15:27
Try and get yah hands on a NSR500..Hehehee

vifferman
26th October 2004, 15:28
... and watch that wnadering - it can lead to impotence. :crazy:

NC
26th October 2004, 15:30
In seriousness

Go for the CBR, unless your a 2 stroke machanic.. they like to break down the ole 2 strokes. And it's hard to find a minter these days:)

Hitcher
26th October 2004, 16:01
... and watch that wnadering - it can lead to impotence.
Not in my gargre!

SPORK
26th October 2004, 17:19
Not in my gargre!
Somebody PLEASE explain everyone's obsession with 'gargre'! I am lost, and need help!

:confused:

Hitcher
26th October 2004, 17:26
Somebody PLEASE explain everyone's obsession with 'gargre'! I am lost, and need help!
Explanation as follows (for those who came in late):

The term "gargre" was coined by a twat called sc8r_boi (observe his rep on the home page) who had a tenuous grasp on both reality and literacy. However some of his numerous gaffes resonated, not least of which being the "gargre".

Subsequently the term "gargre" has been used to define any space appropriate to the storage, maintenance and discussion of things involving motorbikes. Note that certain norms of social etiquette prevail.

SPORK
26th October 2004, 17:37
Explanation as follows (for those who came in late):

The term "gargre" was coined by a twat called sc8r_boi (observe his rep on the home page) who had a tenuous grasp on both reality and literacy. However some of his numerous gaffes resonated, not least of which being the "gargre".

Subsequently the term "gargre" has been used to define any space appropriate to the storage, maintenance and discussion of things involving motorbikes. Note that certain norms of social etiquette prevail.
Ahhh, good, good...

Yep, I have read most of sk8r_boi_'s posts, and have seen him on the FXR forum as well.

I wonder what he is up to these days...

sAsLEX
26th October 2004, 17:38

:confused:

The famous Sk8r_boi left us with that memorable term.

Mr Skid
26th October 2004, 17:57
Ahhh, good, good...

Yep, I have read most of sk8r_boi_'s posts, and have seen him on the FXR forum as well.

I wonder what he is up to these days...

I'm guessing his mum found out he'd bought a motorbike and locked him in his bedroom until he turns 18.

Hitcher
26th October 2004, 18:00
I'm guessing his mum found out he'd bought a motorbike and locked him in his bedroom until he turns 18.
Hopefully that's a life sentence...

SPORK
26th October 2004, 18:03
Hopefully that's a life sentence...
Sheesh, lovely bloke aren't you! Easy to see why you have the fabled Double Green Boxy Things of Power :niceone:

Nah, JST JOSHIN LOL

menace
26th October 2004, 18:06
One has strokes numbering twice, the other of four times.

Pay your money and take your choice, grasshopper.

Oh you are so wise master... :P :2thumbsup

crazylittleshit
5th November 2004, 10:27
power values love to jump into your piston making big mess not worth the money, And they need rebuild every 10000 to 15000 or so.
go with the CBR much better. :crazy:

MrMelon
5th November 2004, 10:42
Hey there's nothing wrong with 2 strokes! (except for when they break ) :)

2_SL0
5th November 2004, 11:13
I :love2: 2 STROKES. But wouldnt buy one for the road. Well except for a Aprilla 250, or a ..., and a .... , and maybe turn a KDX220 into a roadie.

I always wondered what the hell 'gargre' was, lmao.

inlinefour
2nd December 2004, 12:51
Might not be right, but NSRs are 2 stroke and CBRs are 4 stroke.... but thats real basic

Both are high preformance aint they? :cool2:

Stinger
2nd December 2004, 14:02
Two strokes are great :love2:

aff-man
2nd December 2004, 14:21
the nsr will have more balls but then it will break down/ need engine rebuilds/ repairs a lot more. The cbr's are tough as nuts and are little demons. Also with it being a 4 stroke the power delivery will be more even which is good if you are learning :doh: :lol: :lol: