PDA

View Full Version : CC petition: get it signed

SpankMe
16th November 2007, 17:52
Cheese Cutter petition: get it signed

Went to Cycletreads today for tyres and while I was waiting I thought I may as well wonder over to the bike shops to sign the petition myself. A bit disappointed to find that not only do none of the three bike shops there not have the petition, but they've never heard of it. :shit:

Come on guys, we need to get this to all bike shops.

So, pick a bike shop, put your name here to take responsibility to get the petition (http://www.cheesecutter.co.nz/CheesecutterPetition.pdf) to them and make sure they put it somewhere where everyone will see it.

Returned to Cycletreads to find that had it, so signed. :)

Also if someone could put a doc up that could be used as a "Sign the CC petition inside" that the shops can put up on their front window.

crashe
16th November 2007, 17:59
Cheese Cutter petition: get it signed

Come on guys, we need to get this to all bike shops.

So, pick a bike shop, put your name here to take responsibility to get the petition to them and make sure they put it somewhere where everyone will see it.

I have dropped off the petition over at Henderson Motorcycles on View Road, Henderson, West Auckland.
I go in to check, as to how it is going twice a week.

When I was in last there was a young fella standing around waiting to pick up a part..... So I got him over to sign the petition.

So all you Westie's that haven't signed up online or at the protest ride..... get your tush down to Henderson bike shop and sign it.
The petition is sitting up on the counter.

nadroj
16th November 2007, 19:12
I delivered master copies of petition and explanatory to most Taranaki motorcycle shops last monday & also left them at the New Plymouth Vehicle Testing Station. Patrick picked up masters last night to put in the cop shop and most signed at last night's PienPint.

_Shrek_
16th November 2007, 19:39
will take to town monday Spank just printed a copy

Fub@r
16th November 2007, 20:12
I have given it to:

Motomail (Main Shop)

Motomail (Outlet Shop)

Motohaus

Experience Motorcycles

sunhuntin
16th November 2007, 20:42
forgot to take mine into the mechanics today, but will see if they are open tomorrow. if not, i will slip a petition and explanation under the door. [they love me there, so will sign]

crashe
17th November 2007, 21:06
Can someone please drop off a few copies of the petition, off at AMPs on Kyber Pass to Lou over in HD accessories.
I was in there today and he said they haven't had any copies dropped off there.

Plus: Can someone also check in at Mt Eden Bikes to see if they have any petition copies there, while you are in that area.

Hey can we also get the petition out at Pukekohe tomorrow (sunday) as it is a race day... ideal time to get more signatures.

Thanks.

I cant print off any copies as my damned printer is out of toner.

MSTRS
19th November 2007, 13:05
I have taken copies in to the 3 Napier bike shops and am checking progress from time to time.
There are at least 2 shops in Hastings but I don't get over there very often. Someone ???
Yungatart got 9 pages signed at PMCC day at Taupo yesterday. Would have been more but that was all we took with us:crybaby:

SpankMe
19th November 2007, 16:31
Can anyone volunteer to get the petitions to the three bike shops ob Barrys Point Rd. Again there no point them having it if no one knows its there. Need something visible for the shops to put up saying the partition is there.

HungusMaximist
19th November 2007, 20:16
Can anyone volunteer to get the petitions to the three bike shops ob Barrys Point Rd. Again there no point them having it if no one knows its there. Need something visible for the shops to put up saying the partition is there.

Hey bro I am happy to deliver some petitions to Mt Eden, Red Baron or Colemans Suzuki.

If any of you have templates/master copies or whatever can you please email it to me or PM me so I can print them out!

On the note of SpankMe's last post, it would be good if somebody can type something up so we can paste it on the window or counter so everybody knows it's there.

Cheers.

Mrs Busa Pete
20th November 2007, 05:21
We have got some up at the puhoi pub have manage to get about 20 pages from there.

But i'm still waiting to be told when the cut of date for the petition is.

If no one has offered i will take some down to barrys point road

Holy Roller
19th February 2008, 14:06
I have been around our local bike shops collecting sponsorship giveaways for our up comming ride and all have asked when the cut off date for the petition is...

Any one have an idea when this date is?

WelshWizard
24th February 2008, 02:48
Can someone please drop off a few copies of the petition, off at AMPs on Kyber Pass to Lou over in HD accessories.
I was in there today and he said they haven't had any copies dropped off there.

Plus: Can someone also check in at Mt Eden Bikes to see if they have any petition copies there, while you are in that area.

Hey can we also get the petition out at Pukekohe tomorrow (sunday) as it is a race day... ideal time to get more signatures.

Thanks.

I cant print off any copies as my damned printer is out of toner.

Dropped of a pile to them weeks ago, Asked Mike how it was going and no one could find them, Will drop more off, hopefully this time they won't lose them,

As for cut off date .

Yes
WHEN IS IT
as we need to get as many done as possible

RiderInBlack
5th March 2008, 06:40
As for cut off date .

Yes
WHEN IS IT
as we need to get as many done as possibleUpdate please guys and girls. What the fu*k is happening?

WelshWizard
14th March 2008, 16:49
We have all these petition signed , so what do we do with them, who do we send them to, and who is colateing them, and when is the cut off date?

Hello is any body out there?

Ixion
14th March 2008, 16:58
Zaph, Draco , Gremlin are you still coordinating this ?

If not I can offer a PO box to send the petition forms to, and I can collate and count them.

But then we need to organise delivery. MDU was going to slip John Key a Mickey Finn ?

Basically if we don't get that petition sent in SOON it will be a waste of time, because once Parliament goes into pre election mode in a few months nothing else matters.

MSTRS
17th March 2008, 10:31
It seems that the 'original' organisers of this campaign are being remarkably quiet on the whole affair. I'm not sure what this actually means, but maybe the vocal few need to take over?? Not easy, when we are spread geographically.

Nick from the nick
18th March 2008, 19:39
Not sure if it will help
I have just email MAG UK which is Motorcycle Action Group UK, they ran a campain about 3 years ago to get rid of cheese cutter barriers in the UK and it worked
I have asked if they have any information from safety studies about the effects of these horrible barriers which they can email to me so i can forward it along.
What i need is a contact of the orgainsers of the petition so if i get the information i can forward it to them

Thanks in advance

Ixion
27th March 2008, 12:47
So, what is happening with all those petition forms out there . Such as haven't already been lost? If they're not collected in the next few weeks, there'll be no point in bothering ?

They need to be rounded up (hopefully those who distributed them are still around and can remember where they left them), and posted to a central point for counting and stuff.

I can supply a PO Box number to send them to if there is not already provision.

It just needs someone (WHO ?) to say the word "Send them in !".

Otherwise, forget the campaign, it's just preaching to the choir.

RiderInBlack
27th March 2008, 13:50
So, what is happening with all those petition forms out there . Such as haven't already been lost? If they're not collected in the next few weeks, there'll be no point in bothering ?

They need to be rounded up (hopefully those who distributed them are still around and can remember where they left them), and posted to a central point for counting and stuff.

I can supply a PO Box number to send them to if there is not already provision.Have been sending them ta the address on the form. That better be the right one.

WelshWizard
27th March 2008, 17:26
hopefully they are getting to the right place

Attention: Cheese Cutter Petition
PO Box 105 005
Auckland City Post Shop
Auckland City
New Zealand, 1143.

from the CCwebsite