PDA

View Full Version : My minimoto needs transport!

Aero165
19th November 2007, 19:58
Hey guys!

I'll be coming to the Mount wellington race this weekend. I was wondering if there would be anyone passing through Taupo who could transport my bike up there for me as I'll be taking up my bike. I was planning in putting it on my packrack but I'm not sure if that would work after thinking about it.

Thanks,

Aero

skidMark
19th November 2007, 20:10
just shove it on packrack or pillion seat man....it's small enough!
then use bungy cords or tie downs...light as hell anyways and would look rather funny :rockon:

speights_bud
19th November 2007, 20:12
Failing coming up with anything this weekend dude as i'll going the wrong direction, we may be able to produce a carry system for it :)

quallman1234
19th November 2007, 22:30
Dont forget to take pics!

Crisis management
20th November 2007, 11:45
Tie it on to the bike and go for it. As long as it is securely tied down it will be fine, its only if it is loose and can move that you will have any problems.
I have carried 4 cyl car engines on the back of bikes before (long story but when the car is stuffed and you need a new motor...) and haven't had any problems and they are a lot heavier than a minimoto.

Aero165
20th November 2007, 17:29
Thanks for the great advice guys! (idiots:angry:) I've just found out it's my friends stag party this weekend in Palmy so I might be going down there instead now.

Gadgit
20th November 2007, 19:03
O dam Aero if I was closer I would have taken it up in the bus. There are a few other meets coming up if your keen tho... Napier 1st weekend of next month edgcoumbe same weekend and PlamyNorth on the 27th of Jan

speights_bud
20th November 2007, 19:47
O dam Aero if I was closer I would have taken it up in the bus. There are a few other meets coming up if your keen tho... Napier 1st weekend of next month edgcoumbe same weekend and PlamyNorth on the 27th of Jan

Woukld Napier 1st weekend of dec be out at the Kart track? coz the track looks nice and they wouldnt let us race buckets outs there :crybaby: i might have to see if i can make my way over there :yes:

Gadgit
20th November 2007, 20:25
Yip thats right there is a Hawks Bay Pocket bike club now running at the kart track at Fern Hill.. it's a great track... been on it 3 times so far, heres a link for a look... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-2wk-KTWQE

speights_bud
20th November 2007, 20:39
The stupid network im on while im on block course in Aucks wont let me on youtube :crybaby: its rubbish :(. But considering i now who of some people who may be attending i'll have to make the effort to go and have a look :D. i wish i had spare $$ around to buy a pocket bike, whether it came before or after the Motard i want would be another story alltogether though :( Aaron you shoulda gifted me the WR ;)

Aero165
21st November 2007, 07:27
First of Dec is my mates wedding so thats outa the question :(. I miss my motard too man! You should sell my sister and buy us both one :D

dirtybomb
21st November 2007, 14:47
Gidday Aero, Im down on business in napier and am going back to Auckland tomorow arvo. Give me a bell on 0212836018 and I can do it!

Meekey_Mouse
21st November 2007, 16:50
First of Dec is my mates wedding so thats outa the question :(. I miss my motard too man! You should sell my sister and buy us both one :D

Woo! You're saying I'm worth two motards :2thumbsup :banana:

Oh, err... I mean... :girlfight:

speights_bud
21st November 2007, 17:08

No comment :whistle: ;)

She's all mine :D

Worth 2 Motards alright :D

Aero165
27th November 2007, 17:50
Biiiiig thanks to Dirtybomb who took my bike up to Auckland and dropped it off after the race to my friends house to be brought back down. Thanks man!

dirtybomb
27th November 2007, 21:24
No problem bro! Looking foward to the next track day, with a bit more power hopefully.. I'l learn how to ride THEN get a b1rep.