PDA

View Full Version : Transit's criminal negligence!

The Larch
19th November 2007, 22:04
If Transit NZ Were Proven To Have Ignored And Denied Overseas Evidence Of Cheesecutter Danger, Will We At Least Be Given A Reduction In Our ACC Levies?

H00dz
19th November 2007, 22:20
Norfland wont be holding our breath :bash:

jafar
19th November 2007, 22:39
If Transit NZ Were Proven To Have Ignored And Denied Overseas Evidence Of Cheesecutter Danger, Will We At Least Be Given A Reduction In Our ACC Levies?

:laugh: No , ACC levies are set as high as they are because so many bikers put in claims, now if we could get the actual claim ratio down then we may have a case for lower premiums.
A similar argument can be made for the excessive insurance premiums we have to pay.

darkwolf
20th November 2007, 05:38
I don't know how many other papers this was in but... ACC is raising their annual levy. This means it will be about $45 more to register a vehicle. It also increases ACC levies for employees by about $4 as well, but, lowers ACC levies by $.75 for self employed.

I've the article sitting around from the Saturday Waikato Times. Funny how I didn't hear anything about it on the news...

Blue Thunder
20th November 2007, 11:33
:laugh: No , ACC levies are set as high as they are because so many bikers put in claims, now if we could get the actual claim ratio down then we may have a case for lower premiums.
A similar argument can be made for the excessive insurance premiums we have to pay.

As an AMBO I see and transport more Cage pilots and their flight crew, than Bikers as a result of road or track accidents.
I agree with Jafar, if the real stats were available we may have a case to argue.

vifferman
20th November 2007, 11:40
The whole thing is bullshit anyway - it's supposed to be "user pays" which on the face of it is fair, but there's a 'no blame' policy. So if, for example, most biker injuries were the fault of another party, the M/C community still bears the cost. Another iniquity is that unlike other ACC levies, those for vehicles are not levied on the person: if you have 5 bikes registered, you pay 5 levies, despite the fact you can't ride 5 at once. And there are other 'activities' such as team sports that figure highly in the ACC stats yet pay no levies.
To be fair, all sports clubs should be levied and pass this cost on to the members.
So in summary, motorcyclists are unfairly singled out as a kind of 'captive audience'.
Which is kinda what you expect in highway robbery.

But not the Spanish Inquisition, because no-one expects that.

MSTRS
20th November 2007, 11:46

But not the Spanish Inquisition, because no-one expects that.

Oh dear, they've got you in the ComfyChair again, haven't they?

Finn
20th November 2007, 12:05
Remember Cave Creek?

MSTRS
20th November 2007, 12:19
Remember Cave Creek?

DOC negligence earned the taxpayer a(nother) rogering....?

MSTRS
20th November 2007, 12:22
But the military has very successfully dodged responsibility for the bee-keeper's
death

McDuck
20th November 2007, 12:59
as sad as it is.

WelshWizard
20th November 2007, 21:37
If ACC applied the charges to those responsible then maybe the car ACC charges would go up and Motorbike down

Katman
21st November 2007, 12:50
Don't forget the dirt bike riders and farmers that are injured on their bikes which don't have any registration paid on them. The road bike rider is paying for them as well.