PDA

View Full Version : My new bike, Mv Agusta F41000S. Modern art or over priced sieve?

kiwifruit
20th November 2007, 20:45
The weekend before last i bought my new toy from Amps, Marvin the MV.
I wobbled off down the road straight into new market, this thing runs f00kin hot i thought to myself as the temp gauge passed 110. Normal apparently, all good. Met up with Doc and we head for highway 22, never done that bit of road before (was great!).

About 80km into it i clicked with the bike, until then i don't think i've ever been so nervous on a bike, wobbling about trying to fathom the beast, thinking "what have i done". It rides quite differently, never the less, it's on rails. Very firm, works well at speed. Very stable and keen to lean. The rear shock gets pumped up with oil when the brakes are applied, its ment to suck the bike to the road.... it works well. "Pilot race" tyres are funtastic, be horrid in the wet i'm sure.

Brakes are very good, as good as the TEN's modified anchors.
Engine braking is way less than a normal inline 4 thou, it has a fancy pants thingie that opens the valves (exhaust only i'm guessing) when the throttle is closed. Took a bit of getting used to. Sounds different.
Sounds like an f1 car when its on the move, sexy time! Has aftermarket pipes but hasn't been chipped so its not fueling quite right (chip is on its way).

Its fast. More power than i expected. It does litre bike things which honestly did surprise me. Lifts the front in second, in top over rises. High five! Was planning on gearing it down some, but after riding it i'm happy with it's stock legs. Lets be clear tho, its nothing like the "i'm going to turn you inside out" power of the TEN or uncle grumpy's k3.... but its loads more powerful than my old man's 06 1000RR (OF COURSE!). Bout stock TEN territory, ass dyno reads 150ish.

Sooooooooooooo...... all was well. Got to Ngaruawahia and hello, coolant all over the inside of the screen. Feck. Had a drink, considered the pie. Looked at the res bottle, it was overful. Sweet, it had just blown some of that out, i hoped. Let it cool down, wasnt leaking so i POOTLED on towards kihikihi. Temp was normal, all systems seemed fine. Made it home to Toe Paw, temp stayed fine but my left boot was covered in coolant, along with the left side of the bike. = ( When i parked it at home it dropped its guts, all 2 lites of it. At least i made it home without cooking it.

I PUSHED it inside, took a photo and kept pretty quiet (not in that order) Was fairly gutting for myself. A great delight for some of my mates..... "oh well, shoulda bought a jappa bro!", "i told ya!" etc. :hug:
Anyway, amps came to the party, no worries. Thank you Bruce :) Had the radiator repaired and refitted. Extra bracing has been added (the radiators are only mounted from the top, swinging quite freely, this can cause a crack near the top bracket... which is what happened), its all solid now. Mint.

Today i have been out on it since 5pm and only two bits feel off, pretty good i thought!
Its quite emotional, hard to describe. Instead of meeeeh meeeeeeh, foookin neeeeeeow like a jap litre bike.... its like 1000 little men all working away (furiously) just to make you go forward. I hate washing bikes and generally don't do it..... the two times i have riden marvin i have washed him within 10 minutes of arriving home, taking some pride in doing so i may add. Strange.

Imminent mods: hugger, more efficient water pump impeller, heat wrap the headers, chip, few carbon bits (to replace the plastic bits that flew off today), integrated tail light so i can loose the indicators and spade, move or remove the plate.

Modern art or over priced sieve?

My heart feels funny.

kiwifruit
20th November 2007, 20:53
Heres a pic of the bracing to the bottom of the top radiator. Check out how close the pipes are to the radiator!! No wonder it gets hot when its not doing 80k or more :sweatdrop

McJim
20th November 2007, 20:57
I want, I can't afford, I jealous....enjoy.

MaxCannon
20th November 2007, 20:58
That is one frickn sexy bike.
Love the pic of it in the lounge.

Might send it to the Mrs when she complains about my bike getting in they way in the garage.

skelstar
20th November 2007, 20:58
Good stuff KFC. Not sure you convinced me that you're convinced tho...

Sensei
20th November 2007, 21:02
Sweet looking , hope it has sorted its self out & you can enjoy the summer on it now :niceone:

ArcherWC
20th November 2007, 21:03
hope it stays in better nick than the ten did mate. very very nice too

Kendog
20th November 2007, 21:04
Am interesting write up, certainly not the norm for a bike like that I would think.

It is a hot bike for sure, will it always get the living room treatment?

merv
20th November 2007, 21:06
I want, I can't afford, I jealous....enjoy.

By the way welcome back man, I was away all last week and missed your return since last posting in September. How's it going down near Antartica?

Oh yeah, nice bike the MV.

kiwifruit
20th November 2007, 21:07
It is a hot bike for sure, will it always get the living room treatment?

nice pun.
Oh yes, of course! I will keep it clean too, i promise.

boomer
20th November 2007, 21:12
Wooohooo.... shes pretty alright, sounds and looks the biz!!!!

I can honestly say after riding that 1098S that the Italians KNOW how to style/make bikes. Bikes that require riding and will require you ride them hard!

ENJOY the love affair !!!!!

boomer
20th November 2007, 21:18
ps.. you're still a slut.

Usarka
20th November 2007, 21:20
sluts have fun

unrealone
20th November 2007, 21:26
Nice bike mate! Two of these caught my eye at the local bike shop the other week and I almost instantly fell in love. Then I looked at the price tag ;) Nothing I can't put my mind to though right?!

HDTboy
20th November 2007, 22:44
Gizza go mister?

kiwifruit
21st November 2007, 03:54
Gizza go mister?

No worries! Would you like to take it for a few days? Give her heaps :sunny:

emaN
21st November 2007, 06:32
No worries! Would you like to take it for a few days? Give her heaps :sunny:
why's Le Bon so spesh?
i had to bend over, saying&doing things my mum would be ashamed of, just to get a w/end with her!

over-priced vs sieve? you know my answer bro!

don't listen to grumpy; i pray for him daily... he'll come right one day

Pwalo
21st November 2007, 06:46
That's an awesome bike. No doubt you'll be aquiring a cleaning and polsihing fetish as well.

orangeback
21st November 2007, 07:33
good choice , i tock one from christchurch to the greymouth street races last year , i never realy bonded with it, as yes it was fast but verry compact and was a scarry thing in the wet :cold:(more a mind over mater thing ) was scared of droping it , it think. no being my bike in all , :bash::bash:enjoy

Matt Bleck
21st November 2007, 07:47
It is a good looking bike bro, thats for sure.

But....... I just can't fathom 27k for a bike that has design fault's, has bits flying off at speed and runs hot. :confused: Each to his own eh?

Enjoy!:msn-wink:

I can honestly say after riding that 1098S that the Italians KNOW how to style/make bikes. Bikes that require riding and will require you ride them hard!

Suuuuuuure! :pinch:

over-priced vs sieve? you know my answer bro!

mama mia them's spicey meatballs?!

speed63
21st November 2007, 08:07
The green one was cool, but if the red one makes your heart feeel funny...its a personal thing.

Very nice mate:sunny:

jrandom
21st November 2007, 08:58
Red bikes are almost as fast as black ones.

:yes:

marioc
21st November 2007, 09:12
Most definately a piece of modern art!

NZsarge
21st November 2007, 09:53
If you like it mate then thats all that counts is'nt it? It sounds like you do so good on ya and enjoy.:niceone:
I'm a Jap bike man myself and always will be but that said it did'nt take long for a SuperDuke to get under my skin but I think they are over priced too.
Best of luck with it and I hope thats the end of your troubles with it, i'm sure it will be.

WRT
21st November 2007, 10:14
Red bikes are almost as fast as black ones.

:yes:

I have a red bike and a black bike, and I can honestly say that the red bike is faster.

Nice bike Kiwifruit, even with it's flaws you've still made a lot of men jealous.

vifferman
21st November 2007, 10:21
I have a red bike and a black bike, and I can honestly say that the red bike is faster.
Lesseee.... I've had three red bikes (one of which was red'n'black), one silver one, a black one, a blue one, a red/white/blue one, and ridden numerous other bikes of all colours.
Of the bikes I've owned, the blue one is the fastest/bestest, and the slowest of all of them was a red one.
Of the bikes I've ridden, the slowest was blue, and the fastest was yellow.

Sofarkinwot.

The MV is a gorgeous bike, Kiwidude (congratulations!), but I don't think I'd want to own one as my only bike.

kiwifruit
21st November 2007, 11:10
thanks everyone :D :woohoo:

I don't think I'd want to own one as my only bike.

yes, i'm looking for a honda express for a second bike....

HDTboy
21st November 2007, 11:23
Imminent mods: heat wrap the headers.

Have you thought about getting them HPC coated (http://www.hpcoatings.co.nz/exhaust.htm)? Would look much nicer than heat wrap with much the same effect.

Or if you wanted them to be really cool, you could buy some titanium headers

kiwifruit
21st November 2007, 11:24
Have you thought about getting them HPC coated? Would look much nicer than heat wrap with much the same effect

good call, i shall consider that pie
what sort of money are we talking to have that done? 200ish?

HDTboy
21st November 2007, 11:27
Email them, it's on the left of the page

imdying
21st November 2007, 11:28
what sort of money are we talking to have that done? 200ish?Yeah, it'd save them rotting out under the wrap too :yes: No idea if the MV ones would (like your typical car ones), but I'm guessing if they did... it wouldn't be cheap :no: Plus HPC coatings are dead sexy :yes:

kiwifruit
21st November 2007, 11:37
Yeah, it'd save them rotting out under the wrap too :yes: No idea if the MV ones would (like your typical car ones), but I'm guessing if they did... it wouldn't be cheap :no: Plus HPC coatings are dead sexy :yes:

It has Ti headers and pipes (after market SEXY TIME) etc, that wouldn't rot would it?

vifferman
21st November 2007, 11:55
It has Ti headers and pipes (after market SEXY TIME) etc, that wouldn't rot would it?
Nup.
I doubt whether the HPC coating would be as effective as the wrap, but it would look nicer. Just make sure it will stick to titanium - usually people with Ti pipes don't get them coated.

imdying
21st November 2007, 11:56
It has Ti headers and pipes (after market SEXY TIME) etc, that wouldn't rot would it?I should hope not!

kiwifruit
21st November 2007, 11:58
Understandably. These are so very close to the radiator, i feel i must do something. The bike runs fine as is, temp is stable in traffic etc etc. Surely it wouldn't be bad to reduce that heat transfer somehow even though its a shame to cover the Ti

SPman
21st November 2007, 12:03
Well done mate. Looks nice.

I see it's a pussy magnet already!

Finn
21st November 2007, 12:17
Understandably. These are so very close to the radiator, i feel i must do something. The bike runs fine as is, temp is stable in traffic etc etc. Surely it wouldn't be bad to reduce that heat transfer somehow even though its a shame to cover the Ti

You should have gone naked. Easier to clean too.

kiwifruit
21st November 2007, 12:24
You should have gone naked. Easier to clean too.

Apparently they run loads cooler without the fairings. A few overseas owners have cut scoops in the side panels to flow a bit more air, i don't think i'll go that far.....
I don't care, i like cleaning it

jrandom
21st November 2007, 12:28
I see it's a pussy magnet already!

Yes, Weasil has his full Class 6 licence.

Also, I applaud kiwifruit's wisdom in purchasing the monoposto version; any would-be girlfriends will have to be able to ride properly, and will need to bring a bike of their own into the deal that he doesn't mind swapping onto occasionally.

:niceone:

kiwifruit
21st November 2007, 12:33
Yes, Weasil has his full Class 6 licence.

thats puddy man :yes: weasil hasn't expressed any desire to ride it yet, i think he's sulking

jrandom
21st November 2007, 12:37
thats puddy man :yes:

Can't you dye Puddy pink, or something? I shall have to apologise to Weasil on Sunday for the case of mistaken identity.

Anyway, what are you doing letting Puddy ride it? You know the insurers won't pay out if he bins it without a full licence.

weasil hasn't expressed any desire to ride it yet, i think he's sulking

He thinks you should have bought a BMW.

Finn
21st November 2007, 12:40
Weasil hasn't expressed any desire to ride it yet, i think he's sulking

By the way, I've wheelied your bike. :nya:

Which shouldn't surprise you given how easy it is.

kiwifruit
21st November 2007, 12:42
Anyway, what are you doing letting Puddy ride it? You know the insurers won't pay out if he bins it without a full licence.

SHE :yes: doesn't go far on it, i take the risk

By the way, I've wheelied your bike. :nya:

Which shouldn't surprise you given how easy it is.
oh my! pre radiator bracing???!! NAUGHTY NAUGHTY

jrandom
21st November 2007, 12:46
SHE :yes:

I've always been too polite to look.

oh my! pre radiator bracing???!! NAUGHTY NAUGHTY

Yes, Finn is a very bad man.

les king
21st November 2007, 17:00
great to see SHE has got a decent lounge, just keep the pussy off the back she doesnt need a pillion and she loves sh 22 as well as mangawhai/waipu/old russell road and any other twistys u can find. just keep out of any inner city shit, temp. will go 120 freaks me out. I had to sell her due to business needs, but will have another as soon as business allows. Had a stone thru radiator on my 1st mv thou. so know the feeling with the green shit all over everything.Put a guard on but then took it off for more air.Bay City have done all the servicing on her if u need any info ask Andy or contact me.
ENJOY.:weep:

surfchick
21st November 2007, 17:33
I've got a tough / custom mesh in front of the radiator -great to keep out stones but because the mesh is bigger than normal and because ducatis runhot anyway I COOK my bum ANY time i slow down. that means road works, grid lock, 50kph areas for more than 10mins- on a recent ride it was getting so hot idleing at really slo changing lights i considered running the red so i didn't cook the engine. Temp guage flares up and over 110 sometimes after a quick run esp when i hit the motorway and go 100 or slower again. it is a bit frieky i must say.Comes right back into line (80ish) as soon as you get moving.

however - italians make bikes that feel like they are eating themselves alive (in a good way) vs the smoove whiz of japanese jizz.:msn-wink: personally i love how harsh the ducati is.. give your mv time and my vote is def. that it's a work of art. that's what italians have always done.

beyond
21st November 2007, 18:24
Beautiful!!!

Mate, you are going to enjoy that and yep, they sound awesome too. :)

westie
21st November 2007, 19:14
One day I hope to be riding a bike like yours kiwifruit.

I look at mount everest and there is an augusta atop of it

jrandom
21st November 2007, 19:28
I look at mount everest and there is an augusta atop of it

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

In your case, that step involves learning to spell 'Agusta'.

BarBender
21st November 2007, 19:41
Modern art or over priced sieve?

Congrats bro.
A very high five and sexy time bike.
Enjoy.

Tonka
21st November 2007, 19:54
Yes KF, congrats on the new baby....you can drop the MV at my house if you get tired of cleaning her....:rolleyes:

HornetBoy
21st November 2007, 19:58
Yea congrats Kiwifruit ,Maybe ill be starting thread in a few years time saying the same thing ,all going well .But for now my black beauty will do :niceone:

emaN
21st November 2007, 20:55
ok smarty pants, can you say "valvole radiali" then?
:Pokey:

emaN
21st November 2007, 20:57
It is a good looking bike bro.. for a bike that has design fault's,
what faults?! name one!

HDTboy
21st November 2007, 20:59

Sure: "Semi dodgy, overcomplicated, Italian engineering"

HDTboy
21st November 2007, 21:00
what faults?! name one!

It was designed in Italy

jrandom
21st November 2007, 21:02
"Semi dodgy, overcomplicated, Italian engineering"

"Radial valves! Bollocks; I'm sure there are no current production engines with radial valves."
- Gav

"Oooh, really? It does have radial valves? Oh, man, I really want a look inside the engine, now. Do you think he'd let me?"
- Gav

jrandom
21st November 2007, 21:04

Isn't that some sort of pasta?

emaN
21st November 2007, 21:06
says he with "Econohonda Engine Specialties" in his sig

the 312 didn't sound complicated to me at their return to the IOM this year...:bleh:

HDTboy
21st November 2007, 21:10
Econohonda, and Engine Specialities are two different companies, in two different regions.
You should've been able to hear the Italian mechanics cursing away from your vantage point

westie
21st November 2007, 22:13
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

:doh:

What about "atop" is that even a word!

kiwifruit
21st November 2007, 22:53
Thanks everyone :D (except uncle grumpy, the very grumpy uncle)
I have been tinkering about on it this evening *waits for reference to bad things happening from uncle grumpy, the very grumpy uncle* removing the spade and indicators (integrated tail light coming post haste) and remounting the number plate.
Has been a GREAT SUCCESS! Glad to get the spade off and reveal the pipes in all their glory.

Template pretty much made up and ready for a engineer mate to make a pretty bracket
:sweatdrop

jrandom
22nd November 2007, 00:35
GREAT SUCCESS!

Gosh, you know, in that position, that number plate could get quite dirty, rather quickly...

Such a shame.

... pretty bracket

Yes, try for something a bit tidier looking than that maori-arse shit you stapled to your radiator, eh?

On another note, I must say, those 190/55s do look the business on the back. Nice fat pointy donuts. I'm all about it, think I might stick with them on my bikes from now on, too. Not that I have much choice for the next fitting, inasmuch as I just bought a set of impressively-scrubbed-in Race Attacks in that size. (Thanks, Team Tubbos! :D)

Marvin did handle a bit poo on his old 190/50 rear Diablo, I think. I look forward to commenting on the difference. ;)

Matt Bleck
22nd November 2007, 07:43
what faults?! name one!

A radiator that is only supported from the top and springs a leak at the sight any decent sort of speed! :baby:

Matt Bleck
22nd November 2007, 07:46
says he with "Econohonda Engine Specialties" in his sig

the 312 didn't sound complicated to me at their return to the IOM this year...:bleh:

I did not see one on the podium Mr One eyed Eyetie! :yawn:

Matt Bleck
22nd November 2007, 07:49
Thanks everyone :D (except uncle grumpy, the very grumpy uncle)
I have been tinkering about on it this evening *waits for reference to bad things happening from uncle grumpy, the very grumpy uncle* removing the spade and indicators (integrated tail light coming post haste) and remounting the number plate.
Has been a GREAT SUCCESS! Glad to get the spade off and reveal the pipes in all their glory.

Template pretty much made up and ready for a engineer mate to make a pretty bracket
:sweatdrop

You mean they fell off on the way home yesterday? :pinch: :eek: :Pokey: :bleh:

BarBender
22nd November 2007, 07:49
Working on your bike in the living room I see...

Good boy. :niceone:

justsomeguy
22nd November 2007, 08:16
Can't think of words to put down Allan........ :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup :2thumbsup

Fatjim
22nd November 2007, 08:20
BTW Kiwifruit, watch out for the radiator slitting on the MV, its a known issue.

Nice bike buddy, a different nice to the old bike. :yes:

speed63
22nd November 2007, 08:40
When is the Track debut?

Toast
22nd November 2007, 09:32
what sort of money are we talking to have that done? 200ish?

Probably cheaper than below for you since you won't be coating the mufflers:

Motorcycle / Jetski / Kart
Exhaust System
HiPerCoat ™ Exhaust Coating (up to 700°C)
Exhaust Pipe Price
Exhaust Pipe $19/ft
Single w/Muffler $123
2 into 1 w/Muffler $145
3 into 1 w/muffler $200
4 into 1 w/muffler $245
2 into 1 no muffler $78
3 into 1 no muffler $139
4 into 1 no muffler $178
Dirt Bike 2 into 1 no muffler $49
Muffler $73
Muffler less outer case $50
Two Stroke
Expansion Chamber $89
Exhaust colour options: HiPerCoat Polished, HiPerCoat Satin, Semi Gloss Black, Cast Iron Grey
Used, Rusted or zinc pacifated parts will need a chemical strip:
Single Pipe $17 Chrome stripping service available POA
2 into 1 $23 Chrome Strip is essential for parts to be HiPerCoat Polished
3 into 1 $34
4 into 1 $39
Dirt Bike 2 into 1 $17
Expansion chamber $28

As for those tyres in the wet: Pilot Power Race in Soft or Med compound have some of the best wet performance for a DOT tyre...if it's Med/Soft Compound, not as great, but still ok.

Finn
22nd November 2007, 09:34
I have been tinkering about on it this evening...

For god sake, put a piece of rubber under the side stand! If your mother saw that, you know what would happen.

BarBender
22nd November 2007, 10:06
says he with "Econohonda Engine Specialties" in his sig the 312 didn't sound complicated to me at their return to the IOM this year...:bleh:

I did not see one on the podium Mr One eyed Eyetie! :yawn:

Looks like trouble in Vegas. :laugh:

Would bling ya both for the laugh but...reputation spread bla bla bla.....

kiwifruit
22nd November 2007, 10:30
When is the Track debut?
the next motoTT day :D
will be taking it alot easier than last time tho.... i've peaked!

4 into 1 no muffler $178
Used, Rusted or zinc pacifated parts will need a chemical strip:
4 into 1 $39

As for those tyres in the wet: Pilot Power Race in Soft or Med compound have some of the best wet performance for a DOT tyre...if it's Med/Soft Compound, not as great, but still ok.

thanks man, that sounds promising :yes:

and really!? thats good news (tyres working in the wet)
i assumed they would be hopeless....
they are medium / medium

BTW Kiwifruit, watch out for the radiator slitting on the MV, its a known issue.

Nice bike buddy, a different nice to the old bike. :yes:
yes, that happened within an hour of me owning it... all fixed now with measures to prevent it happening again

Toast
22nd November 2007, 10:36
the next motoTT day :D

thanks man, that sounds promising :yes:

and really!? thats good news (tyres working in the wet)
i assumed they would be hopeless....
they are medium / medium

Seriously considering it myself...gotta stop my mid-pipe from heating up the shock resevoir.

Med-Med is all good in the wet, just get 'em a little bit warm. They last ages too!!

Sue VFR
22nd November 2007, 19:25
For god sake, put a piece of rubber under the side stand! If your mother saw that, you know what would happen.

Too Late!! She's seen it!!

Sue VFR
22nd November 2007, 19:45
Houston....

Chief Engineer reports.... fabrication of mounting bracket complete!

emaN
22nd November 2007, 20:13
Econohonda, and Engine Specialities are two different companies, in two different regions, whose expertise i've had to avail myself of many times in my illustrious riding career in-as-much so far because i'm riding the socks, nuts & bolts off non-european bikes that were made for little wee yellow people

You should've been able to hear the Italian mechanics cursing away from your vantage point
yes, but in italy we curse to give voice to our jubilation & pride

scacco matto :shake:

emaN
22nd November 2007, 20:21
A radiator that is ...bla bla bla...
I did not see one on the podium Mr bla bla bla
:sherlock:
not a fault per se; they just allowed room for 'personalising' the system to the owners needs & tastes...:whistle:
if it were purely a track bike, on billiard smooth surface, i doubt the Fruity One or you would know how the radiator was hung. however, the current owner rides in the real world, and has made the uh, modifications he wanted.

it was their return after a long absence! finnegan rode that bike superbly!

Fruity One; go forth and spoil!
look forward to checkin' out yer derriere up close next time! make sure ya put pics up when she's done!

HDTboy
22nd November 2007, 21:15
Fruity One; go forth and spoil!
look forward to checkin' out yer derriere up close next time!

What a homosexual

speed63
23rd November 2007, 10:57
[QUOTE=kiwifruit;1307343]the next motoTT day :D
will be taking it alot easier than last time tho.... i've peaked!

You retiring while on top! Matt B has no competition now :msn-wink:

emaN
23rd November 2007, 12:17
Matt B has no competition now :msn-wink:
K3 vs F4?!
there ain't no competition
MV outclasses Suzuki anyday...
(as much as i like uncle's...can i still have a ride?:innocent:)

saltydog
23rd November 2007, 13:37
Geeze, whats the bloody cat doing on the back?! Before you know it there'll be muddy footprints and cat-fur all over the joint. Give it some bickies and tell it not to fuck with your baby.

Matt Bleck
23rd November 2007, 13:51
K3 vs F4?!
there ain't no competition
MV outclasses Suzuki anyday...
(as much as i like uncle's...can i still have a ride?:innocent:)
LMAO!!!!

The K3 is for riding the MV is for parking in the lounge to look at.....

speed63
23rd November 2007, 14:02
LMAO!!!!

Yep your K3 is ridden to the max. Game on...I'll pay to watch :yes:

Is a little one sided though.. Dialled in K3 versus new machine!

Is your PC3 and CMap complete?

kiwifruit
23rd November 2007, 14:24
Geeze, whats the bloody cat doing on the back?! Before you know it there'll be muddy footprints and cat-fur all over the joint. Give it some bickies and tell it not to fuck with your baby.

lol!
what ever she wants :yes:
i would never talk to her like that, thanks for your concern :sunny:

LMAO!!!!

its art yes, motorcycle art
can be riden AND looked at in the lounge

SG_Pp_m46J8

You retiring while on top! Matt B has no competition now :msn-wink:
ha! says Mark Benchmark
you sir are the one we aspire to

Matt Bleck
23rd November 2007, 14:34
Yep your K3 is ridden to the max. Game on...I'll pay to watch :yes:

Is a little one sided though.. Dialled in K3 versus new machine!

Is your PC3 and CMap complete?
It sure is :D

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=76882&d=1195275090

kiwifruit
24th November 2007, 15:21
make sure ya put pics up when she's done!

:D :sunny::sunny:
spade is gone, looks heaps better now i recon

emaN
24th November 2007, 15:34
gorgeous!
s'wot bikes should look like - sleek, mean & clean... ya takin' mirrors off on Friday?

like the 2nd shot bro. i'd experiment more with that background.
have you got any 'front quarter' with that background?

kiwifruit
24th November 2007, 15:41
gorgeous!
s'wot bikes should look like - sleek, mean & clean... ya takin' mirrors off on Friday?

like the 2nd shot bro. i'd experiment more with that background.
have you got any 'front quarter' with that background?

like this?
not happy really happy with the light in these shots tbh

i dont know, prolly just tape over them....

when i turned the bike off at the steam fields the steam pipes were hissing away, for a sec there i thought "NOT AGAIN!!!" :sweatdrop

ipod1098
24th November 2007, 15:41
stunning motorcycle! is that licence plate location legal?

kiwifruit
24th November 2007, 15:44
stunning motorcycle! is that licence plate location legal?

i'm not sure..... should be ok, its quite visible, sure looks better there i recon!

emaN
24th November 2007, 15:52
like this?
i'm more thinking of a pic sorta like 'combining' pics 2 & 3...
oh, bikes will (almost) always look better with their headlights on too...

lookin' forward to hearing ya cane it on sunday!!

Swoop
24th November 2007, 16:03
Sieve.
At least they packed it in before the electronics.

:shit::bye:

kiwifruit
24th November 2007, 19:51
Sieve.
At least they packed it in before the electronics.

i think he heard you....
electrical issues now haunt marvin
i HOPE its just the battery

Cr1MiNaL
24th November 2007, 22:27
That is one sexy looking bike mate. Sexytime !

Dave-
24th November 2007, 23:01
the cat in the first post looks pretty pleased.

"The engine was derived from the 1990-1992 Ferrari Formula One engine."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Agusta_F4_series#Engine

...hot

owner
24th November 2007, 23:29
Filth bro, thats one fine peice of ass
I sure it will be well abused (cough) used
Did you get the stock pipes with it?

Bonez
25th November 2007, 05:38
Enjoy it kiwifruit.

kiwifruit
25th November 2007, 17:59
Did you get the stock pipes with it?
na, i didn't.... not too bothered tho ;)

OK, I want a detailed review and comparison to my dream bike the legendary 04/05 Perfect 10.

ok :)

Firstly, owning the mv is quite different. Never have i taken much interest in how a bike of mine looks, i cleaned the TEN once or twice and only a quick wash. The mv gets washed after every ride and lives in the lounge. Every time i wake from my slumber i remember i own marvin and get excited... its hard to explain.

Emo stuff aside. The TEN was reliable, extremely so. It got thrashed and put in the shed and not thought of until the next thrashing. Service, tyres (every 1500km or so), thats it. Marvin, so far, has proven extremely unreliable. The stats are not good at this stage, time will tell if that will change, i believe it will.

The TEN was powerful and short with a sharp rake angle. It was slappy and responsive. It's grunt would come on hard and go right past redline, front wheel pretty much where ever you want it (or have the balls to put it). Marvin doesn't feel anywhere near as powerful, feels like its 40hp down.... but an acceleration test against a modern jap thou (modified one at that) proved otherwise. He is faster than he feels in a straight line. marvin is not fueling right, I'm waiting on the chip to match the open pipes, he farts and pops and isn't as clean on the throttle as i'd like. Hopefully the chip will help..... i dont want to have him custom mapped.

Marvin is great fun in the twisties. On rails, i'm yet to play (have someone play with) the suspension. Its very hard, i like that unless the road is rough (half the time). Really stable mid turn... lean me, leeeean meeeee he begs you. The TEN in stock form was a bit hard to turn in, like it didn't want to lean. Ohlins and a 55 profile rear tyre went along way to curing that, it handled really really well. I don't think it will take me long before i'm pedaling marvin faster thru the corners than i could the TEN.

If i had to pick a favourite i'd do my best to change the subject.
The TEN was completely insane, sometimes scary. A real fire breather. Get on it and ride. Road, track, gravel whatever... its not going to let you down.
marvin is controlled, deceptively fast, confidence inspiring and, well, hot. I feel attached to marvin, like he's got a life of some sort.

He's a he, the TEN was an it.

PU__ny9DIPs

Clivoris
28th November 2007, 19:57
Way to go fruity. I daren't compare my Italian to yours, but the conflicted emotions you describe are exactly what I can relate to. The package is great but requires a bit of fiddling around the edges. It feels more like motorcycling was in the 80's, or a race bike. You have to be involved in the bike to keep it on the boil. In theory there is no excuse for selling such an expensive bike that requires such attention....
Maybe it's just our bikes.

nudemetalz
28th November 2007, 21:59
Ha, even more Italian bike ownership opinions, yes, the Guzzi has a few vices, you have to ride her, but she's got a personality all of her own. I've had a few mechanical issues, but that seems to be the Italian way :)

The MV is way beautiful. Good stuff !!

les king
29th November 2007, 09:10
i am absolutely stoked that HE has an owner that is like i was just as happy sitting grinning at the 1st wonder as riding or washing and polishing. Had to have a sex change cos got all the lovin in HER first life. Cant wait till i can afford another.Youre right the further u go or longer u own the faster u will find yourself going without realising unless youre with other bikes and u find them disappear out of your mirrors. The BIKE saved me a couple of times when i was really beyond my ability. Once again congrats.

westie
2nd December 2007, 13:03
Saw you down at taupo. That thing sounds as awesome as it looks, ah sorry 'he'.
Great balls of fire taking it on the track:rockon:

916Senna
3rd December 2007, 15:33
lovely machine....I have thought long and hard about one...where as I couldnt bring myself to change up to the ugly 999 Duc. Most guys realize it is not about absolute horsepower, balls out racing on the road...sometimes you are better of just looking good. Which is a quientessentially Itallian.