PDA

View Full Version : The great CT110 test! (postie model)

carver
20th November 2007, 21:01
It came time for me to test the best selling bike in Australia (I think)
The Honda CT 110!
These bikes are a total rip off (http://www.honda-motorcycles.co.nz/bikedetails.asp?BikeTypeID=8&ModelID=126&type=)

Its more than the NXR 125, which is a much better bike, this bike is 70’s technology!
The build quality is ok, but its by no means as bad as the hyosung equivalent (midas), which is complete rubbish, and makes the CT look as appealing a street triple.
Anyhow, time to ride.
So what did I think?
Its very light, I found it hard to deck out, the mailbags touched down first.
This is because the tires are narrow with tall sidewalls, and the bike is very light to ride, so small shifts in weight make a big difference in your line.
This bike does 90kph flat out on a flat, and the vibration aint too bad!
One very fun thing you can do is to ride it like a postie on meth.
Up footpath’s, down curbs, full power filtering, its all acceptable to joe average, and no one stood on the horn or looked twice!
If I did that on the ‘Zaki it would be a different story.
One thing I did really like about this bike is it reminded me of my old ’85 CG125 and my ’81 FA50, but in a good way.
Cutting through the uni, I came up to a speedbump that’s a pedestrian crossing as well.
Its about 2m wide and is shaped like a plateau with a 200mm ride along the edges.
While going up the hill I went up it and cleared the whole thing by a foot!
This remedied me of the NXR, where it was nice and light, and you could ride it enduro style, throw your weight back and pull on the bars and up she comes.
I also launched it off a wall 1m high, and im proud to report that the suspension, frame and wheels can take it
If you want to wheelie on of these, stand on the luggage rack at the back and you can hold it at balance in 2nd gear of ages-its just hard to keep it straight.
Or you can just drop it into 1st out of neutral by holding down the heel shifter out of neutral to 1st gear.
Or just do hard pull ups in 1st!
So it’s a good postie bike, much better than the hyosung, which should be gifted by winston peters to north korea to improve international relations!
No photo’s sorry, all were taken on the cellphone

Proudly brought to you by the mormon few - stunt crew

Spyke
25th November 2007, 19:23
i have always wanted something like this, nifty as.

darkwolf
26th November 2007, 22:28
They're absolutely awesome - rode one on Saturday - also had my first ever bin. Loved every bit of it. :)

carver
28th November 2007, 20:44
ah, i know who this is-good to meet you

most bins wins!

vtec
5th December 2007, 18:58
so how much do they cost if they are a rip off, couldn't find the price on Honda's website.

Steam
5th December 2007, 19:56
so how much do they cost if they are a rip off, couldn't find the price on Honda's website.

$3,795 new. Insane.

Bonez
6th December 2007, 16:05
You should feel privilaged in being allow to ride such a fine peice of Nipponeese engineering