PDA

View Full Version : It's alive! (The KTM) Let's ride!!!!!!!!!!!

Macstar
21st November 2007, 11:51
It's a bloody miracle, I've had my KTM motard back for 3 hours now and it hasn't broken down yet! So while it's actually working, who want's to go for a ride?

I want to keep close to AKl in case the worst does happen, probably the Waitakere ranges.

I'm free for most of Thursday, and may go for the thursday night club ride out west too.

(As I'm new to this bike I don't plan to be ripping it up just yet, so any learner riders are most welcome).

Phurrball
21st November 2007, 12:21
Good shit! You'll be as stoked! As am I, having fixed Mr Honda's STUPID STUPID side stand switch. Playing up bikes not fun. Working bikes tremendous fun :banana:

At work tomorrow, but will try and make the ATNR in combination with catching up with family that are up ATM.

Ross

Timaa
21st November 2007, 12:29
well if you havnt already left i would be keen dude

Macstar
21st November 2007, 14:42
Ross - when are you gonna ride your new bike with the boys!? Timma, hows about tomorrow out West?

EJK
21st November 2007, 16:21
"Its alive!!!!"

:lol:

Supermoto Junkie
21st November 2007, 18:59
It's a bloody miracle, I've had my KTM motard back for 3 hours now and it hasn't broken down yet! So while it's actually working, who want's to go for a ride?

I want to keep close to AKl in case the worst does happen, probably the Waitakere ranges.

I'm free for most of Thursday, and may go for the thursday night club ride out west too.

(As I'm new to this bike I don't plan to be ripping it up just yet, so any learner riders are most welcome).

How about a ride Saturday, i'm keen to go out and do what motards are built to do............

Macstar
21st November 2007, 19:35
Ride in the am (after 10am), watch races in the pm?

Supermoto Junkie
21st November 2007, 19:40
Ride in the am (after 10am), watch races in the pm?

Sounds sweet to me, just need to check but i think it is only practise on Saturday, might have to do two visits,

Chrislost
22nd November 2007, 00:05

pheer this rider and his mad motard skillz!

i hear he cant even ride a dirt bike up a gentle hill...

Macstar
22nd November 2007, 07:25
pheer this rider and his mad motard skillz!

i hear he cant even ride a dirt bike up a gentle hill...

Yeah yeah... I could ride it down a gentle hill though.

It's funny how my 10 broken bones from past lives (including neck and back) has made me a little less bullet proof nowadays.

Macstar
23rd November 2007, 09:57
If anyone's interested I did a little post ride write up (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=61598) on the KTM's first ride.

motorbyclist
23rd November 2007, 10:36
see ya this arvo on it?

Macstar
23rd November 2007, 10:54
see ya this arvo on it?

What's this avo?

motorbyclist
23rd November 2007, 16:27
drinks, at strata, for which i was the only one to turn up....

Phurrball
23rd November 2007, 17:49
Ross - when are you gonna ride your new bike with the boys!? Timma, hows about tomorrow out West?

The VTR isn't a figment of my imagination I swear! I'm just all work and no play, as I'm catching up on income lost through time off for exams. Free Sundays, Tue, Wed, Thur.

I don't get online too often, as we live in hippie shack in teh trees with no phone or internets! Grrrr!

I've only had one decent blat on it up Kaukapakapa way - narrowly avoided the Ginger cop in a mufti Accord V6! bastige was ticketing an SV.

Catch y'all soon.

motorbyclist
25th November 2007, 23:18
i'm nearly there guys!

oh, and still gotta fix the vfr<_<

Timaa
25th November 2007, 23:42
i would have come macstar but wasnt near the comp... gimme a txt on 0210397888 next time u heading for a cruisy ride on either of your bikes and ill let you know if i can tag along. still keen tho. got one week till i start my new job... $60k free car and petrol... here i come!!!

UberRhys
27th November 2007, 07:10
i'm nearly there guys!

Is this like a spot the difference? If so the trailer and the ducks are different... Also the washing and the shadow from the trees... :msn-wink:

motorbyclist
27th November 2007, 09:42
Is this like a spot the difference? If so the trailer and the ducks are different... Also the washing and the shadow from the trees... :msn-wink:

and the curtains in the house window

oh and the clouds:stupid:

motorbyclist
30th November 2007, 00:51
how much did the ktm cost all up in the end? (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Dirt-bikes/auction-127600688.htm)

klyong82
30th November 2007, 06:05
how much did the ktm cost all up in the end? (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Dirt-bikes/auction-127600688.htm)

I would say pretty much about the price of that bike on trademe...nice wheels though

Macstar
30th November 2007, 07:58

About $4.5 or $5.5K including rego (depends whether I sell the old wheels for $800-1000).

No point in comparing it with non-road registered motards as these are always going to be cheaper just like a race bike would be.

motorbyclist
30th November 2007, 12:30
yeah i know that. his reserve was $6500, so it was alot more expensive than your ktm, plus it needed to be made road legal

Macstar
30th November 2007, 16:36
I'm feeling more and more like a man lately after successfully bleeding the brakes on both of my bikes, changing radiator coolant, clutch fluid, adjusting shocks, oil changes, spark plugs and learnt how to do the valve clearances on the KTM today!!

Been buying up on the tools too, got a torque wrench now if any club members need to borrow it and a universal oil filter removal tool and spark plug removal socket set.

When next week's student allowance payment comes through I'm going to buy a 20 litre drum of fully synthetic oil (which should last about 3-4 months with the amount of KMs I'm clocking up at the moment).

Ah yes... you gotta love bikes and impersonating a grease monkey!

klyong82
30th November 2007, 20:58
I'm feeling more and more like a man lately after successfully bleeding the brakes on both of my bikes, changing radiator coolant, clutch fluid, adjusting shocks, oil changes, spark plugs and learnt how to do the valve clearances on the KTM today!!

When next week's student allowance payment comes through I'm going to buy a 20 litre drum of fully synthetic oil (which should last about 3-4 months with the amount of KMs I'm clocking up at the moment).

Hey wanna do brake bleeding on my bike? i suck in it after 3 attempts I given up. What brand full synthetic you buying bro?

Macstar
30th November 2007, 21:08
Hey wanna do brake bleeding on my bike? i suck in it after 3 attempts I given up. What brand full synthetic you buying bro?

Yeah bro. Have you got a bleeding kit? They don't cost much but I borrowed one for my bikes today. Oil is Elf.