PDA

View Full Version : chugga a lugg :(

RonR
21st November 2007, 14:36
hey all,
ever since i've owned my Yamaha Zeal it's been doing this annoying thing. Everything runs just fine from the get go, and can run fine all day long. The problem occurs after i give it some heavy throttle (even just a few seconds) and i come back to a standstill. The bike then idles at just over 2000rpm until it settles down after about 20 seconds. THEN (and this is the annoying part) when i try to take off at the lights the bike sputters along - almost struggling to find the revs - (even to the point of conking out) until i give it more gas then it starts to gather revs and go like normal.

Has this ever happened to anyone here? I mean the bike runs fine and can runs nicely all day long provided i don't kick it in the guts - and that ain't gonna happen. I don't rev it all that much (usually between 4,000rpm and 6,000rpm, with the occasional 10,000rpm max [redline at 15,000]) so i consider it to be pretty reasonable throttle usage.

It's running on unleaded (93RON), oil change about 1000km ago, heaps of fuel... dunno what the problem could be. Something tells me it's flooding a little, perhaps after the fews seconds of harder throttle, and the carbs can't get rid of the excess fuel. Dunno if this makes any sense. Any help would be great.
Sorry for the lengthy message.

R

tri boy
21st November 2007, 20:16
Sticky Carb slides maybe?
Some 80s/90s CV carbs did have poor finish, and would "Hang up" ocassionally.
Or possibly its needle and atomiser jet is worn from age.
Just a couple of ideas.:yes: