PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm restricted

FFS
22nd November 2007, 17:32
Sat my restricted today and passed :wari:
Heres how it went; sorry for the long rant, but i have time to kill....
0800 outa bed, in the shower
0900 off to Romeos in Upper hutt for coffee and breakfast. Always a good way to start the day :2thumbsup
1000 Back home; look at google earth to see where in porirua i am meant to be (Heriot drive)
1100 realise I need to do some paper work so ring AA upper hutt. Find out its closed down and have to go to Repco
1200 Repco tell me I have to do the eye test! SHIT SHIT SHIT I ALWAYS fail the eye test. I only see two columns not three. Something to do with the way my eyes work. Bugger; I need some bit of paper (again; I have been through this 3 times now!)
1230 Ring my optomertrist and find out that he cant see me till ater the restricted test :argh:
1235 Getting panicky; call into a local optomertrist to see if i can get a quick test. Yep they can help me out at 1245
1245 Rock in; do the eye test and out, get my bit of paper, rock out
1300 Back to repco, more paperwork. then they tell me they need to take my photo. WHAT!?!?! Its movember and I have this dirty great ginger (yes ginger... stupid gene pool) thing hanging around on my top lip and it looks hideous! Consider mascara, consider chopping it off there and then with some office scissors, consider point blank refusing. But no; get the photo done and bugger off. I am told that I can request a new photo if I am not happy with the one on the license... at a cost of some $$$ that I dont remember. :angry2:
1400 back home pick up the cage; throw all the gear in the back ( I was considering riding over to porirua but as I ride something a touch bigger than a 250, change my mind) yell at the dogs for eating the wood shed. (Fair enuff I hadnt fed them since day before yesterday)
1420 Pak n Save for 2 red bulls, almost back over 2 kids running around the car park unsupervised. Little shits are a darwin award in waiting for sure!
1440 Get to testing station in Porirua; meet some very nice people waiting; while their grand daughter of about 20 was getting her test. (I met this young lass getting her test and it took every bit of mental strength not to blurt out what i would do to her. Nornally I speak of such things without engaging brain and I have the tact and etiquitte of a rabid rhino. She was EXTREMELY attractive and I became quite distracted. Anyhoo she passed and I said congrats and muttered how bout a phone number? she said thanks and no thanks.. Grrr I'll bet its the mo'..... Never growing one ever again. Its a curse i am sure of it!!)
1445 Andrew from ridesafe meets me at porirua and i ride around the area with an ear piece for an hour and to get familiar with the bike. (Yamaha scorpio 225cc or something. Feels completley different to the Hyobag GT650R, I tell ya!) Almost collect a 4wd drive attempting a U turn in front of me! But no major dramas
1545 my test is meant to start, but no tester
1600 tester shows up, apparently the person before me did not do so well
1605 Embark on test
1620 Test passed! All I had to do was ride within the law, look over my shoulder a lot and drive in a very exaggerrated safety manner. trickiest thing was a hill start. (Normally I just grab a hand full of throttle and drop the clutch). Didnt have to do a U turn. (Which I did during the practice ride with Andrew)

So all in all, the day went well.
Good coffee and breakfast; check
eyetest; check;
almost kill two kids running about where cars are moving; check
get turned down by a young lady; check <<stinkest part of the day
get my restricted; check
get home and have a vodka; check, check and double check!!

McDuck
22nd November 2007, 17:56
Sat my restricted today and passed :wari:
Heres how it went; sorry for the long rant, but i have time to kill....
0800 outa bed, in the shower
0900 off to Romeos in Upper hutt for coffee and breakfast. Always a good way to start the day :2thumbsup
1000 Back home; look at google earth to see where in porirua i am meant to be (Heriot drive)
1100 realise I need to do some paper work so ring AA upper hutt. Find out its closed down and have to go to Repco
1200 Repco tell me I have to do the eye test! SHIT SHIT SHIT I ALWAYS fail the eye test. I only see two columns not three. Something to do with the way my eyes work. Bugger; I need some bit of paper (again; I have been through this 3 times now!)
1230 Ring my optomertrist and find out that he cant see me till ater the restricted test :argh:
1235 Getting panicky; call into a local optomertrist to see if i can get a quick test. Yep they can help me out at 1245
1245 Rock in; do the eye test and out, get my bit of paper, rock out
1300 Back to repco, more paperwork. then they tell me they need to take my photo. WHAT!?!?! Its movember and I have this dirty great ginger (yes ginger... stupid gene pool) thing hanging around on my top lip and it looks hideous! Consider mascara, consider chopping it off there and then with some office scissors, consider point blank refusing. But no; get the photo done and bugger off. I am told that I can request a new photo if I am not happy with the one on the license... at a cost of some $$$ that I dont remember. :angry2:
1400 back home pick up the cage; throw all the gear in the back ( I was considering riding over to porirua but as I ride something a touch bigger than a 250, change my mind) yell at the dogs for eating the wood shed. (Fair enuff I hadnt fed them since day before yesterday)
1420 Pak n Save for 2 red bulls, almost back over 2 kids running around the car park unsupervised. Little shits are a darwin award in waiting for sure!
1440 Get to testing station in Porirua; meet some very nice people waiting; while their grand daughter of about 20 was getting her test. (I met this young lass getting her test and it took every bit of mental strength not to blurt out what i would do to her. Nornally I speak of such things without engaging brain and I have the tact and etiquitte of a rabid rhino. She was EXTREMELY attractive and I became quite distracted. Anyhoo she passed and I said congrats and muttered how bout a phone number? she said thanks and no thanks.. Grrr I'll bet its the mo'..... Never growing one ever again. Its a curse i am sure of it!!)
1445 Andrew from ridesafe meets me at porirua and i ride around the area with an ear piece for an hour and to get familiar with the bike. (Yamaha scorpio 225cc or something. Feels completley different to the Hyobag GT650R, I tell ya!) Almost collect a 4wd drive attempting a U turn in front of me! But no major dramas
1545 my test is meant to start, but no tester
1600 tester shows up, apparently the person before me did not do so well
1605 Embark on test
1620 Test passed! All I had to do was ride within the law, look over my shoulder a lot and drive in a very exaggerrated safety manner. trickiest thing was a hill start. (Normally I just grab a hand full of throttle and drop the clutch). Didnt have to do a U turn. (Which I did during the practice ride with Andrew)

eyetest; check;
get my restricted; check

Lol congrats.

McDuck
22nd November 2007, 17:56

eyetest; check;
get my restricted; check

Lol congrats.

EJK
22nd November 2007, 17:58
The roadcode says the test will be over within 20 minutes.... hmmm...

gijoe1313
22nd November 2007, 21:43
Now that is some account! On ya for losing the yellow plate of noobness, welcome to purgatory that represents the R zone!

And yes, I guess being a guy, getting used to rejection is par for the course! :lol: Least your bike will always be up for it!

Rosie
23rd November 2007, 07:32
lol what an eventful day! Congratulations!
You'll be looking forward to getting your full licence, so you can get a new photo :pinch: