PDA

View Full Version : Project motard TTR 600

Sensei
24th November 2007, 16:07
Well got me some TZR 250 rims & are now well into setting up my TTR 600 Belgarda for the road with some good rubber to suit , plus have put my dirt tyres back onto the original rims so I can get back into off road stuff as well . Have to make some spacers & replace bearing to suit TTR Axles size & make a front brake adapter plate for the 320mm disc all of which is pretty easy stuff to do so hope to have it up & running in a couple of weeks as long as time allows . Couple of pics with the rims in place to see how things will fit up & looks bloody close with the rear rim almost bolting right up . Cann't wait to get her finished & the rims painted white to match the other bits on the bike .

Mr. Peanut
24th November 2007, 16:09
Can you say, Balance-point? :eek:

Kickaha
24th November 2007, 16:50
Well got me some TZR 250 rims & are now well into setting up my TTR 600 Belgarda for the road with some good rubber to suit ,

I wouldn't have thought they'd be wide enough to run really good rubber, they'll only be a 2.5x17 front and maybe 3.5x17 rear?

Sensei
24th November 2007, 19:33
Not looking for that much grip Kickaha it is a Motard set up & they are ment to be drifted so 140 rear /120 front will be more than enough . If not I'll just take my RSVR out :2thumbsup

limbimtimwim
24th November 2007, 19:54
My DR-Z has those tyre sizes and it is enough grip for that. But then it's a strangled wee thing.. :(

Looks like fun, you should race it ;)

deanohit
24th November 2007, 20:05
Yay, another motard thread, cool project man! Looking forward to more on this bike.

Dazza
26th November 2007, 09:55
Looking good there Man, cannot wait ot see her on the road :sunny:

Kickaha
26th November 2007, 18:08
Not looking for that much grip Kickaha it is a Motard set up & they are ment to be drifted so 140 rear /120 front will be more than enough .

Exactly what I was talking about a TZR won't have a rim wider than a 2.5 where as a 120 front would normally be on a 3-3.5 rim, if anything I'd think you'd lose front grip because the front tyre won't be the correct shape when it's fitted to the narrower rim

Boob Johnson
26th November 2007, 18:49
Lookin good Scotty :niceone:

ps: you missed a wicked ride on the weekend mate. 20 odd bikes up SH43 to Taumaranui & around to P10 P10/Awakino & home, brilliant ride.

Sensei
26th November 2007, 19:02
Well looks like I'll be working right up till Christmas day so have given my riding Mentor a call to see if he would do the rest of the conversion for me & has said sweet no worrys . Should be done by the end of next week & then get some rubber sorted out & on the road before the end of the month :banana: Will post up some more pictures as it is going alone for others that are thinking of doing the same . :2thumbsup